Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is like White-they don't have to put up big numbers to be really effective because they play both ends and are fundamentally sound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot of people are coming up with reasons to not accept that the bubble offense was not sustainable or even desirable. Of course, maybe White fixes everything. But Pop needs to run legit structure and stop catering to folks who can't play in the half-court efficiently. Having a good transition offense and pace is nice, but it's not a foundation. It's not even like the Spurs have elite rim-runners anyway. Too many guys are taking sub-optimal shots and then compounding that with bad rebounding and inconsistent defense. Back it up. Slow it down. Play bigger. Run more sets, and tell guys to stop calling their own number nearly as much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s like this team’s IQ took a major hit
    White is out, after all, he's like 40% of the team's collective IQ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought not even Pop would be able to dismiss Lonnie's back-to-back 20+pt games once he actually got looks and was allowed to make plays for himself. I was naive to think that, tbh, we're back to the old ways
    You were wondering why I don't feel like Walker is a long-term Spur. It's clear Pop doesn't care about him at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously this. DeRozan Ball causes the ball to stay on one side of the court, time winds down and the ball never sees the light on the other side. Saying "DeRozan isn't the problem" is inherently wrong because he's the main cog on offense and his antiquated style of basketball causes problems.
    He’s clearly stunting the growth of the young guys at this point. Pop is an enabler

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Opponent with a quick answer 3...

Mason Jones makes 28-foot three pointer

53 - 50

DeMar DeRozan makes free throw 2 of 2

50 - 50

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we are suppose to be blowing them out...But we are looking stupid,Playing with no effort

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot of people are coming up with reasons to not accept that the bubble offense was not sustainable or even desirable. Of course, maybe White fixes everything. But Pop needs to run legit structure and stop catering to folks who can't play in the half-court efficiently. Having a good transition offense and pace is nice, but it's not a foundation. It's not even like the Spurs have elite rim-runners anyway. Too many guys are taking sub-optimal shots and then compounding that with bad rebounding and inconsistent defense. Back it up. Slow it down. Play bigger. Run more sets, and tell guys to stop calling their own number nearly as much.
    Well, White was the engine of the bubble offense, and this current offense does look like a head-less chicken running around, so maybe there's a correlation there? It's also funny to suggest the Spurs should run more half-court offense, when they don't have the personnel for it in the slightest. Our starting PG cannot run a halfcourt offense, he can barely get the ball to LMA on the post and call it a day. How is slowing things down going to help the team, when the team's strengths lie in pace and athleticism, with multiple young players capable of outrunning the opponent?

I'd certainly love a bit more structure to the offense, but I doubt it's the same you're after. My kind of structure is the vets get no more than X amount of shot a quarter, and have to pass the ball after they've filled up the quota . Seems like that would stop some of the embarrasing chucking going on these games...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They scored 18 more points in 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were wondering why I don't feel like Walker is a long-term Spur. It's clear Pop doesn't care about him at all.
    At this point, it really comes down to whether Lonnie can outlast Pop. I agree with you that it's clear that Pop has no interest in Lonnie - but how long will Pop be coaching, anyways? Doesn't Walker have one more season on his rookie scale contract? I'm fairly sure (wishing) that Pop is done after this season, making this a non-issue, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs really need to consider trading Aldridge. Besides that game where he turned back the clock, he’s looked horrible. Looks disengaged/uninterested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, the veterans all suck on defense. They don’t talk or mix up switches on the picks, they all ball watch, Rudy and Aldridge a decent amount of times look like they are moving in quick dying cement.

I swear this game alone I’ve seen Patty ball watching and losing his man for open looks at least 4 times this half.

SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting DWhite back plus adding a big like Myles turner would work miracles for the spurs but Pop/RC like what we have lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is like White-they don't have to put up big numbers to be really effective because they play both ends and are fundamentally sound.
    Yea....Does all the lil things....Once he knocks down the 3 ball consistently,Hes gonna be real good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurms

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs really need to consider trading Aldridge. Besides that game where he turned back the clock, he’s looked horrible. Looks disengaged/uninterested.
    There's no way any team in the league considers Aldrige a good value contract right now, after his ty play to start the season and considering his $20M contract. The two options for the Spurs are either attaching an asset to get rid of LMA, or ride out his contract, of which I'd prefer the latter, tbh. But yeah, trash play from him so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is just another year of swan songs for has beens (Pop included), then I really don’t see why this team needs to be successful or even try. Just tank as a result of the losing basketball you want on the floor, Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I'm sure Jakob being paid $9M is the problem with this team after all, tbh

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wish Becky could take over as coach. I just know she would shake things up in a good way so long as Pop wouldn't interfere with anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not even mad at how ty the offense is. The thing that kills me watching this team is how bad they are on defense. I mean they give up fast break points off of made baskets. SMH. Not long 3’s or broken down plays that get a score but regular offensive possessions. SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t help that when patty mills can’t make a shot he’s completely useless

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No consistent shooting from our guards coupled with low bball iq and zero rim protection(yeah poodle, whatever) and we can lose to any team. I'm not sold on our young talent, no one excels at something offensively. We need to tank and stop being a treadmill team, the 8th seed bs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don’t know if he has much value though. I don’t think he can start for a winner and I’m not sure he accepts a bench role. I think the only one who potentially gets traded is Gay out of the “Fab 4”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish the Spurs will be in a situation this game again where Pop is holding his cute little clipboard and calling for a Derozan midrange shot that will miss again. The more he embarrasses himself, the better I feel.

Thread Information