Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That and not forcing Mills into the action late in the fourth. Spurs were actually able to lock in on defense.
    Amazing, Pop fought every natural instinct to not play those two and his desire to not things up actually won them the game. A+

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop it nobody’s bragging we’re all embarrassed
    Dude needs to get laid, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think he learns from this and then we feel like Pop is turning a corner but the old fart always reverts back.
    Get ready against Portland; 4 minutes left tie game Mills subs walker to check Lillard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think he learns from this and then we feel like Pop is turning a corner but the old fart always reverts back.
    Guarantee he goes back to the dog vets next game. He always ing does this lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get ready against Portland; 4 minutes left tie game Mills subs walker to check Lillard
    so ing true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember reading on the Spurs subreddit that people were defending his 50 million contract cause he bought coffee for the players that one time. Just wtf all around haha
    that's a good one, Reddit takes are the softest and clueless most times. I'll say, though, that I'm not on the camp that hates Mills' contract overly - I don't think at all that it was a driving force in Nephew wanting out of SA (I've seen this argument thrown around here way too much, also linked to Pau's contract, just straight BS), and to Patty's credit, he's finally playing up to his contract, except for these last few games. At the worst, if he can net us a 1st at the deadline, I'll consider it an "even deal" and thank him for the memories.

Still doesn't make it feel better when my GF gets hyped up on a Patty long 2 or 3 while I'm thinking about him spending the entire possession dribbling around and ignoring the rest of the players on the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kudos to the Rockets for finding another young talent: Tate. Dude is pretty good. Another example that your small forward being short doesn't matter-- you just need to be strong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's a good one, Reddit takes are the softest and clueless most times. I'll say, though, that I'm not on the camp that hates Mills' contract overly - I don't think at all that it was a driving force in Nephew wanting out of SA (I've seen this argument thrown around here way too much, also linked to Pau's contract, just straight BS), and to Patty's credit, he's finally playing up to his contract, except for these last few games. At the worst, if he can net us a 1st at the deadline, I'll consider it an "even deal" and thank him for the memories.

Still doesn't make it feel better when my GF gets hyped up on a Patty long 2 or 3 while I'm thinking about him spending the entire possession dribbling around and ignoring the rest of the players on the court
    A 1st for Patty would be a dream. Imagine getting another stud with a late 1st because the Spurs are so good at drafting and developing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob played better but I still hate him lol plays so GD soft on offense
    He's clearly just a low ceiling player at this point, tbh. I can perfectly live with his play if he plays like this every night - and I'm positive his scoring will increase once White is back to feed him (what?!? You're saying the statistically most efficient PnR handler in the league will get our exclusively rolling big better looks at the rim???? yes, yes I am).

The Spurs simply need a starting caliber PF and C. Jakob is absolutely dandy as an off-the-bench big, and will be wrecking bench defenses for years to come, hopefully. He's just not starting material, and he's being unfairly exposed as such because LMA at this point of his career also isn't starting material, so Pop has to play hot potato between inadequate options. Reminds me of Forbes' situation last season, except Forbes' fake hustle and punchable face made him all the worse, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Observations:

-

The Vets Defense.

If it’s not Patty getting beaten back door, it’s LMA giving half hearted effort or DeMar double handedly smashing the ball on the ground after giving up another layup... Really tough to watch when you’re offence is anaemic.
    The script flipped though in the 4th though when the Spurs youth, led by Jakob’s best game of the season; continually hounded shooters, made multiple efforts/rotations to key the win. Houston was undoubtedly tired, but exciting to see.

- Jakob’s play and activity. Encouraging. Will get a ton of opps. against the next couple of opponents who are heavily tilted towards perimeter oriented play.

- Houston’s gritty play across these 2 games. Reminded me of the Spurs when they would rest the big 3 and play teams tough for 48 mins. The Harden trade will be the thing that happens to that team for their long term future. Wood is already getting AD levels of respect from the refs.
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 01-16-2021 at 07:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 1st for Patty would be a dream. Imagine getting another stud with a late 1st because the Spurs are so good at drafting and developing.
    I'm fairly certain the biggest thing holding us from getting a 1st for Patty is not his market value, but the Spurs' hesitance to trade away their own players, especially those that they deem as "locker room guys". I am absolutely positive that Pop can throw Morey a call and get a 1st for Patty, there's no way that he's not tempted by Mills' style of play and chucky style. Other FOs would follow suit similarly. But I'm skeptical now that we'll do any trades at all, since the team isn't visibly crumbling down at this point. We might just "roll with what we have" 'till the off-season, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think my heckling on Jakob's social media worked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fairly certain the biggest thing holding us from getting a 1st for Patty is not his market value, but the Spurs' hesitance to trade away their own players, especially those that they deem as "locker room guys". I am absolutely positive that Pop can throw Morey a call and get a 1st for Patty, there's no way that he's not tempted by Mills' style of play and chucky style. Other FOs would follow suit similarly. But I'm skeptical now that we'll do any trades at all, since the team isn't visibly crumbling down at this point. We might just "roll with what we have" 'till the off-season, tbh.
    Understand the skepticism but I'm pulling for a Bryn Forbes outcome with Mills. I have a good feeling about him being gone by this offseason at the latest. Contending teams would for sure find him invaluable. If the Nets still had their pick, I truly believe they would've traded it for Mills. Anyone in win-now mode should trade for Mills. Do the Lakers still have their pick?

Winning teams don't have the patience to wait for young guys to develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Observations:

-

The Vets Defense.

If it’s not Patty getting beaten back door, it’s LMA giving half hearted effort or DeMar double handedly smashing the ball on the ground after giving up another layup... Really tough to watch when you’re offence is anaemic.
    The script flipped though in the 4th though when the Spurs youth, led by Jakob’s best game of the season; continually hounded shooters, made multiple efforts/rotations to key the win. Houston was undoubtedly tired, but exciting to see.

- Jakob’s play and activity. Encouraging. Will get a ton of opps. against the next couple of opponents who are heavily tilted towards perimeter oriented play.

- Houston’s gritty play across these 2 games. Reminded me of the Spurs when they would test the big 3 and play teams tough for 48 mins. The Harden trade will be the thing that happens to that team for their long term future. Wood is already getting AD levels of respect from the refs.

I said the same thing in this thread that all the rotation veteran players defense is really bad.

not too mention overall it seems like the players barely talk or just have a lot of misunderstandings because folks get confused on pick switches constantly. The pick switching issue is the problem for the young guys but they always give maximum effort unlike some of the vet players.

sometimes the young guys are too aggressive like Dejounte on ball and Keldon when helping off ball. As maddening as that is I can appreciate being too aggressive over always not knowing where to go or not hustling like our vets do a lot of times. SMH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#LEADER

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're undervaluing how the Spurs regard team culture. At least you understand the concept, a far cry from most on this board, but to the organization what Mills brings is incalculable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Understand the skepticism but I'm pulling for a Bryn Forbes outcome with Mills. I have a good feeling about him being gone by this offseason at the latest. Contending teams would for sure find him invaluable. If the Nets still had their pick, I truly believe they would've traded it for Mills. Anyone in win-now mode should trade for Mills. Do the Lakers still have their pick?

Winning teams don't have the patience to wait for young guys to develop.
    Uhh... The "Bryn Forbes outcome" was literally just him walking away from the team into a better deal/offer, right? I mean, yeah, I'm glad that he's off the team - but I'd hope the Spurs could get an asset, any asset, out of Mills, who's inarguably a better player than Forbes in every facet of the game. Overall though, I agree, Mills' days with the team are probably counted, especially with Vassell looking like he's not even going to need Austin playing time to blossom as a player. The SG spot is definitely the most loaded position on our current team, so I also don't see Mills staying long term. Just hope we can get anything out of him, since I personally see him as the vet who holds the most positive value on our team ATM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s sad to see that the Spurs play better most of the time when Aldridge is on the bench. Hopefully it’s just a slump, but the body language says different in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're undervaluing how the Spurs regard team culture. At least you understand the concept, a far cry from most on this board, but to the organization what Mills brings is incalculable.
    Agreed, and I'm fine with disagreeing in my perception of the value that Mills brings to the team. To me, the culture value he brings (positive) is offset by the negative value he puts out on the court most times that he plays, but I acknowledge that the FO doesn't look at it in the same regard, and I've been bracing for the Spurs to not trade him for a while now. In my eyes, he's the most tradeable of the 4 vets in terms of raw value to other teams - but also the one the Spurs FO hold dearest to their heart and their view of team culture, due to the '14 championship experience, leadership, and at ude.

If I had to take a bet, I'd bet on the Spurs to keep him and then let him walk for a last big contract from a contender this offseason. I truly hope I'm wrong, though, since the Spurs can't really afford to lose any more players without getting something out of them, and at this point it's not looking likely that we'll get anything at all for LMA nor Gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re almost the same height. Pop might be tempted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re almost the same height. Pop might be tempted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ended up turning this game off at halftime.

Just saw DeRozan shot 9-25. Was is it every bit as unwatchable, the DeRozan Show, as that boxscore indicates?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was an ugly game. The silver lining is Poeltl starting to wake up. I hope he continues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ended up turning this game off at halftime.

Just saw DeRozan shot 9-25. Was is it every bit as unwatchable, the DeRozan Show, as that boxscore indicates?
    It sucked until like halfway through the fourth when Pop got out of his own way and benched LMA/Mills.

Thread Information