Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyrese getting playing time over patty mills? Ha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a big Devin fan. He's going to be good.

No matter who we pick its getting really frustrating having to wait 3 years for them to get meaningful minutes. A slight exageration but not much.
    Dejounte started his second season. White started his second season. Keldon IS starting his second season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell will never get 10 assists in a game i don't care how much more he played. They are not in the same lvl. Haliburton has star potential, Vassell can become a good role player and that's about it.
    Sure. But would you rather have a flawed all-star ala John Wall or a high end role player like a Bruce Bowen? One of those is a championship piece, the other isn't.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte started his second season. White started his second season. Keldon IS starting his second season.
    And I can definitely see Vassell starting next season if DDR leaves, depending on how free agency shakes out.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Halliburton or Vassell could start here in their second season. They’re both good. If we had better playmakers on the team, the Halliburton conversation wouldn’t be happening, at least for me. Vassell isn’t a bust, let’s keep perspective, also.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. But would you rather have a flawed all-star ala John Wall or a high end role player like a Bruce Bowen? One of those is a championship piece, the other isn't.
    There's nothing flawed about Haliburton. He'll probably fall just short of s om and top out in the nebulous in between zone (a la Brogdon, Van Vleet, peak White, etc.), but unlike Wall he's already a very good 3-point shooter.

He won't be the caliber of defender Vassell is, but he should be about neutral and unlike him, he can actually create for himself and others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would Bowen had been if he had not been surrounded by hall of famers though? Not much tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen struggled to carve a niche before hooking up with Duncan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darn man, I don't want to come into this thread anymore. He's a really darn good player and I like his game . Kings got a steal that would go much higher in a redraft.

The Spurs also need to play Vassell more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In year 3, I predict Vassell is a better player than all the people currently on the roster, assuming no major injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would Bowen had been if he had not been surrounded by hall of famers though? Not much tbh.
    Yeah well, that's the point. I don't see Haliburton as a franchise type player, and since he's a ball dominant one, I would rather have an impactful off ball player (like Vassell), than a "not good enough" playmaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen was a 20+ scorer in the French league, probably the second best national league in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen was a 20+ scorer in the French league, probably the second best national league in Europe.
    Is that really true? Damn I never knew that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude has an ugly jump shot, tbh. it goes in but devon has much better looking form. the difference is that tyrese is far more aggressive at this point,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude has an ugly jump shot, tbh. it goes in but devon has much better looking form. the difference is that tyrese is far more aggressive at this point,

Devin and Halliburton are such different players. One is a pure PG the other is a pure SG. Would love to have both on the team tbh. Not sure what the options were other than Devin just fits our team better at this point so it was the right pick but a tough pill to swallow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin and Halliburton are such different players. One is a pure PG the other is a pure SG. Would love to have both on the team tbh. Not sure what the options were other than Devin just fits our team better at this point so it was the right pick but a tough pill to swallow.
    More like a combo guard and a wing and fit should be irrelevant when talent is your primary need. Fit comes later, when you've established a player(s) to build around.

They might have extended Murray and White, but it'd be foolish to pass up superior talent because of their presence or an organizational refusal to break character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like a combo guard and a wing and fit should be irrelevant when talent is your primary need. Fit comes later, when you've established a player(s) to build around.

They might have extended Murray and White, but it'd be foolish to pass up superior talent because of their presence or an organizational refusal to break character.
    I'll agree Halliburton is more impactful now but Vassell has the highest ceiling out of our young guys. His jumpshot is so good (great form and high release) and his ceiling is not much lower than Halliburton's imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're right but i'm not sure haliburton is a superior talent and i'm not sur he'll have a better carreer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll agree Halliburton is more impactful now but Vassell has the highest ceiling out of our young guys. His jumpshot is so good (great form and high release) and his ceiling is not much lower than Halliburton's imo.
    Luka and Lonnie have the highest ceiling tbh. Vassell has a lot of time to improve his offensive game though, I‘m curious how far he can develop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I alluded to, this isn't to diminish Vassell and I agree it'll end up close. They blew this because they thought and think they're set with Murray and White.

You're right but i'm not sure haliburton is a superior talent and i'm not sur he'll have a better carreer.
    He's 4 and 6 years younger than them respectively, doesn't have a significant injury in his rearview or persistent durability issues and is already making a greater offensive impact.

Other than center, offense has greater value than defense because in the latter, it's more important to be a non liability (which he has the physical tools to avoid being) than it is a standout.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 4 and 6 years younger than them respectively, doesn't have a significant injury in his rearview or persistent durability issues and is already making a greater offensive impact.

Other than center, offense has greater value than defense because in the latter, it's more important to be a non liability (which he has the physical tools to avoid being) than it is a standout.
    Ah, i was talking about him and Vassell, not White or Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did not know that. I was a huge fan of Bowen, not trying to throw shade at his game. He was a defensive monster. Was just making the obvious point that he was surrounded by top tier talent unlike what we have now.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Vassell is going to be a highly coveted player in a few years and Haliburton will be seen as another dime a dozen scoring combo guard. Vassell's game is more suited to plug and play on any team in the current NBA. Haliburton may have a higher ceiling but Vassell imo has a much higher floor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is frustrating, since Haliburton seems ready to score in ways our other young guards don't. They need to be in rhythm and get the yips. He seems to have no filter or regard, a iness we need -- actually, that I'd love Lonnie to have. Still, no rookie gets a lot of PT and freedom under Pop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is going to be a highly coveted player in a few years and Haliburton will be seen as another dime a dozen scoring combo guard. Vassell's game is more suited to plug and play on any team in the current NBA. Haliburton may have a higher ceiling but Vassell imo has a much higher floor

He's more than a scorer, but I get the gist. The thing is, this team is loaded with high floor types. They lack high ceiling types, which is what ultimately gets you out from being mired in mediocrity or worse.

Ah, i was talking about him and Vassell, not White or Murray.
    Right, but my point is they could have potentially had Haliburton and one of Vassell/Bey had they been willing to trade one of Murray/White.
    Last edited by TD 21; 04-01-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Thread Information