Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Rapoport said on ESPN Miami,& Carolina have big interest, two teams he would certainly waive his NTC to. He has obvious ties to Carolina. NYJ have at least called.

Carolina was the third team in history with four gadget players to eclipse 1000 yards in a single season. Imagine DeShaun here...

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    he will be a carolina panther... our rich jew owner will see to it. HE is the spiritual successor to Cam, I will change my username to honor him

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Some 49er fans saying trade 2-1sts and multiple 2nds

My counter argument is we have 40 free agents. Why burn our roster to end up in same position as Texans.

Stats show QB as good as Dak. Analyst argue Top 5. I say No. Resign and stay with Jimmy

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Some 49er fans saying trade 2-1sts and multiple 2nds

My counter argument is we have 40 free agents. Why burn our roster to end up in same position as Texans.

Stats show QB as good as Dak. Analyst argue Top 5. I say No. Resign and stay with Jimmy
    Jimmy Crap. Not saying to trade for Watson but they need to have a new QB starting next season.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Caserio will hire Bieniemy today or tomorrow and Watson will stay

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    If Watson was included in the call this is probably a done deal tbh. This guy is pretty well plugged into the organization too. Also men of god. Christians are always ing up everything.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    If Watson was included in the call this is probably a done deal tbh. This guy is pretty well plugged into the organization too. Also men of god. Christians are always ing up everything.

Not sure why he would want to go there tbh. I think even the Jets are a more desirable landing spot at this point. Obviously the two best openings..chargers and jags are off table

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not sure why he would want to go there tbh. I think even the Jets are a more desirable landing spot at this point. Obviously the two best openings..chargers and jags are off table
    Saleh already joined the Jets. EB to the Texans has been a near lock for over a year just like Tua to Miami was for over a year before it happened.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    he's already gone the team cancer way

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    PFT (NBC Sports) reporting that DeShaun Watson wants out of Houston despite the coach
    Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson was reportedly unhappy this offseason when he suggested that Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy should interview for the team’s head-coaching vacancy and the Texans left him off their list. But just because the Texans later reversed course and did interview Bieniemy, that doesn’t mean Watson can be placated.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Watson wants out of Houston and that won’t change, regardless of who the Texans hire to be their next head coach.

That could make it a tough sell for the Texans to get any top candidate to take the job. If Watson isn’t going to be there, the Texans job is one of the least attractive NFL job openings in years. The Texans are a bad team without much in the way of draft capital or salary cap space to get better. The only thing that would make the job attractive to a coach is that Watson, one of the NFL’s best quarterbacks, is there.

If the Texans offer Bieniemy the job, he might decide he’s better off remaining in Kansas City, where Patrick Mahomes is running his offense, than going to Houston, where he doesn’t know who his quarterback would be.

It’s been an ugly offseason in Houston, and the situation does not appear to be improving.

Perhaps DeShaun to the Jets was another media-made agenda?

Jason McInteyre of Fox Sports reporting Carolina is deep dark horse:

"...the Carolina Panthers are a potential player...according to Fox Sports analyst Jason McIntyre.

"
    McIntyre said Friday on Colin Cowherd's show that Watson has told those close to him that he wouldn't rule out playing for Matt Rhule in Charlotte.

"While I was prepping for this segment I had somebody influential in the league text me and say the team I've heard is the Carolina Panthers, a deep sleeper for Deshaun Watson," McIntyre said. "Apparently, he is telling some folks he would not mind going home.

He grew up in Atlanta, about four hours from Carolina and Matt Rhule has set up a pretty good foundation there in Carolina ... they have a lot of good offensive weapons."
    One more interesting nugget...

'

"Carolina Panthers new GM vows to be in on every deal: "I learned the aggression in Seattle"

https://www.panthers.com/news/new-pa...-on-every-deal

Scott Fitterer:
    “When it comes down to it a franchise quarterback can be defined by getting it done with the game on the line.”

Teddy Bridgewater went 0-9 in game winning drives last year.

Matt Rhule: Teddy Bridgewater has to have tremendous offseason to be starter
    https://www.nfl.com/news/matt-rhule-says-teddy-bridgewater-has-to-have-a-tremendous-offseason
    Last edited by N0 LyF3 ScRuB; 01-25-2021 at 09:01 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Watson to the Panthers seems inevitable again. Basically a rich man's Cam Newton and would make guys like SuperCam and N0 LyF3 ScRuB huge Panthers fans again.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I like Rodgers to the 49ers, Stafford to the Bears, Watson to the Panthers, the Jets surprise everyone by drafting BPA instead of QB and keeping Darnold the starter at least one more year. Of course Lawrence and Urban Meyer will build an empire in the AFC South. Houston will end up with someone sucky like Bridgewater or Flacco and with the Panthers' pick they can't draft an elite new QB either. Still liking Wentz to the Colts, depending on how the Eagles' new young coach and if he wants to roll with Hurts or Wentz.

I think Prescott stays in Dallas after all, tbh.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I like Rodgers to the 49ers, Stafford to the Bears, Watson to the Panthers, the Jets surprise everyone by drafting BPA instead of QB and keeping Darnold the starter at least one more year. Of course Lawrence and Urban Meyer will build an empire in the AFC South. Houston will end up with someone sucky like Bridgewater or Flacco and with the Panthers' pick they can't draft an elite new QB either. Still liking Wentz to the Colts, depending on how the Eagles' new young coach and if he wants to roll with Hurts or Wentz.

I think Prescott stays in Dallas after all, tbh.
    Solid post.

I personally have been surprised by all the rumors of Watson going to New York. It doesn't really make much sense from any standpoint, considering his stance with Houston. The only way I could see Watson wanting to go to New York is due to marketability, otherwise New York is arguably in just a bad position as the Texans.

Miami I suppose makes sense. But their GM committed to Tua relatively early in the offseason. , they committed to Tua when Fitzpatrick was hot. Watson is a different animal, but thats a lot of capital to give up for a team that doesn't need much to potentially be elite.

Carolina doesn't necessarily have the capital as Miami or NYJ, but they have a couple of things working out for them. The connection Carolina has to Watson is obviously there. They have a ton of weapons and some young pieces they could flip for Watson. I've heard some big names go around from Jeremy Chin to Brian Burns to Christian McCaffrey. I'd rather we stick with draft capital to flip for him.

Of course, there's also been rumblings that the Panthers would love to trade Detroit for Stafford & include Bridgewater in that deal. That's also attractive to me - to a lesser extent. Stafford is a great QB, but he's not proven to be a winner & I think Indianapolis fits his mold at this point. Interesting fit you have with Chicago I like it.

The two real X-factors are Dak Prescott/Dallas and Aaron Rodgers/Green Bay. Rodgers to SF would be dangerous. I'd love to steal Prescott from Dallas low key as well. We can still get a potentially elite QB at 8. The draft is super QB heavy.

factor who is Nick?

And did you put money on McGreggors opponent last weekend?

Saleh already joined the Jets. EB to the Texans has been a near lock for over a year just like Tua to Miami was for over a year before it happened.
    Why would Bienamy take a sideways (actually downward) position as OC vs just remain at KC for the attempted 3 peat?

And Houstons new head coach was the bird brain behind the Ravens last rated passing attack? Unless he had NO say in their crappy receiver's i saw an inept offensive passing game.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    small rumbles about the raiders making a move... but as has been the case since gruden took over, the whole "raiders want to move on from carr" narrative has been entirely media driven, and doesnt seem to reflect what gruden actually thinks

but per the Las Vegas Review Journal, there are teams that are expected to try to trade for Carr (teams like the Colts or WFT who dont really have the assets to get watson). and then depending on how much compensation the raiders can get, they would pull the trigger if they can get enough capital to trade for watson. so would effectively be a 3 team deal, even if executed separately.

eg, if the raiders can get a 1 and a 2/3 for carr, they flip both of those, and 2 first rounders of their own for watson

i would think you kind of have to make that move to land a top 5 QB at age 25... but i dont even think the move would really pay dividends for at least a few years. the raiders didnt miss the playoffs because of their QB play, and by trading all that for watson, you're really just hampering your ability to improve the defense, which really is the raiders' limiting factor right now.

but imo, most likely result is that the raiders hang onto carr. gruden likes him, and it would be bizarre to choose to move on from him now after his best season. i'd rather just see the raiders trade mariota for a day 2/3 pick, and use that capital to bolster the defense.

but imo, most likely result is that the raiders hang onto carr. gruden likes him, and it would be bizarre to choose to move on from him now after his best season. i'd rather just see the raiders trade mariota for a day 2/3 pick, and use that capital to bolster the defense.
    Gruden has led the Raiders to mediocrity at best. His ceiling with his current Raiders 2 gig.
    I really wanted the Vegas Raiders to succeed for a number of reasons, mainly business.

So as to QB it wouldn't matter if they got Mahomes if Gruden is still there.
    3 Stooges haircut guy also doesn't know what he is doing.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

He said / she said.

If hood rat Antonio Brown can get off, would think Watson would be able to shake this charge also.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's starting to become concerning I suppose. Initially, I was thinking it was probably just a money grab but now with potentially six cases, I'm not so sure.
    Why would someone have at least six different "massage therapists"?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Apparently they're all represented by the same lawyer who happens to be good friends/neighbors with the McNairs.

6 different women or just 6 cases filed by the same woman and her atty Lionel Hutz?

Post Count
    There are now up to 9 women. All massage therapists from the same massage college supposedly. There are also text message to back up these ladies alleged claims. Its not looking good for Watson. Dude is starting to look like a pervert.

Thread Information