Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And do you guys think the deflationary balance of cheap imported goods and fracking over the last 12 years will gave the same effect over the next 12 years?
    You've completely whiffed the last 12 years, but I'm all ears, why don't you tell us how the next 12 years are going to go?

Show us that crystal ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And do you guys think the deflationary balance of cheap imported goods and fracking over the last 12 years will gave the same effect over the next 12 years?
    It depends on the context. Fracking is viable only under a number of factors, from the economy roaring to countries like Russia and Saudi Arabia not dumping oil to win market share, to electric not taking over markets like cars. But then electric opens up opportunities to make up for it.

The cheap goods situation on the other hand is unavoidable no matter who is in power. When Trump pushed tariffs on China, some factories moved to Vietnam. There's simply a giant list of countries with a standard of living much, much tier than America. Realistically, that manufacturing is not ever coming back unless our standard of living plummets, and I frankly rather live with cheap goods if I get to choose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical richer reply
    I don't think you need to be poor or rich to do simple math. If you understand basic economics, you know the money in your pocket depreciates over time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, negative inflation all the time wrecks economies (ask Japan). Deflationary, stagnating economies shrink. Moderate inflation has a role in making sure money flows on a healthy economy.

The fact that you know the money in your pocket depreciates makes you go out there and find instruments to beat it. That in turn causes you to invest that money into the economy.
    Last edited by ElNono; 01-18-2021 at 05:47 PM. Reason: typo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like we agree on a lot. Richers put that capital to work. Somehow that has become bad and should be taxed to submission.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've completely whiffed the last 12 years, but I'm all ears, why don't you tell us how the next 12 years are going to go?

I dunno about that. My net worth has more than doubled in 12 years. How have you done with your remarkable insight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for my financial projections for the next twelve years? My investments are in real estate, Chinese internet stock (JD), US MSO pot stocks, and a really speculative energy conservation stock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno about that. My net worth has more than doubled in 12 years. How have you done with your remarkable insight?
    You predicted hyperinflation 12 years ago and kept predicting it throughout Obama's two terms. It never came.

Prognostication is overrated, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frost Bank just laid off 68, first in 20 years, claiming reduced income from low interest rates.

Repugs and the fake conservative economists (simpson-bowles, etc) have been whining about deficits (only when Dems in power) and fiscal spending igniting inflation. ALL political LIES

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You predicted hyperinflation 12 years ago and kept predicting it throughout Obama's two terms. It never came.

Prognostication is overrated, tbh.
    You know the definition of hyperinflation, right? Predicting inevitable inflation increase is not the same as predicting hyperinflation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know the definition of hyperinflation, right? Predicting inevitable inflation increase is not the same as predicting hyperinflation.
    You backed off the hyperinflation tip after a few years, but kept insisting we'd see significant inflation soon.

How much longer do you think we'll have to wait for "the inevitable inflation?"

If we have to wait another 12 years will you still blame it on Obama?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You backed off the hyperinflation tip after a few years, but kept insisting we'd see significant inflation soon.

How much longer do you think we'll have to wait for "the inevitable inflation?"

If we have to wait another 12 years will you still blame it on Obama?
    Checked on housing prices lately?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like we agree on a lot. Richers put that capital to work. Somehow that has become bad and should be taxed to submission.
    He actually said you didn’t understand the argument you’re trying to make

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He actually said you didn’t understand the argument you’re trying to make
    Go play with your kiddie darts, jeffrey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know I agree with the bolded. Some do, a lot don’t.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go play with your kiddie darts, jeffrey.
    Quit being a mindless rw sheep. Inflation rates have not been out of line, as was pointed out to you. But you are right on cue with your conservative political talking points.

you are completely wrong on this point. Nono pointed it out to you, as to why you are wrong, but you got all sarcastic because you were embarrassed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just agreed with your post 29. Meant for el nono , not Jeffrey.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Richers” make money off of manipulated paper. We haven’t had a true manufacturing sector in 30 years.

jesus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Richers” make money off of manipulated paper. We haven’t had a true manufacturing sector in 30 years.

jesus

Talk about regurgitated talking points.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll bet that guy that gave 10,000 bitcoin for a pizza 10 years ago feels like a dumbass now.
    Same as I do now - selling 20 bitcoins at $400 each (and at a loss from $800) back in 2015?. Well, not quite as bad as he does.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC is back in the 1950s with his concept of current Capitalists investing in GDP growth, in making stuff.

Capitalist circulate money among themselves, gamble with/against each other, hoard their wealth, preferably offshore (on papaer but which actually here in the USA), while the Bankers Private Club, aka the Fed, pumpd out the $Ts that remain within Capitalist oligarchy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's certainly something to be said when the biggest economic markers of the US are largely intangibles like services, IP, financial products, etc.

I don't even think companies like Apple are viable if manufacturing had to be done in the US.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbf, it was a while ago, during the QE days. You were certainly concerned about out of control inflation, IIRC. None of that really happened because we were on a deflationary economy at the time.

Again, context is important here. We're again in a shrunk economy that is going to need a lot of stimulus to be brought back up.
    We never stopped being in a deflationary economy. The Fed briefly thought it could rollback QE and raise interest rates under Trump but quickly reversed course. I think we are far more likely to see negative interest rates than inflation over the next couple of years.

When do we reach the point that central banks run out of ammo to artificially inflate the economy? I have no idea but we seem determined to find out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My guess

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    We never stopped being in a deflationary economy. The Fed briefly thought it could rollback QE and raise interest rates under Trump but quickly reversed course. I think we are far more likely to see negative interest rates than inflation over the next couple of years.

When do we reach the point that central banks run out of ammo to artificially inflate the economy? I have no idea but we seem determined to find out.
    I still don’t conceptually understand negative interest rates. I know the fed can simply cut rates until they’re negative, but when would you ever loan someone $10 expecting to get back $9.50 in a year?

Thread Information