Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it'll depend on Johnson more than DeRozan. Even if DMDR leaves, White will be there to take his place. I hope you're right, but I think it's something they're willing to do, especially if they make the playoffs that way this year.
    White replaces Walker, "PF" TBD replaces DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPURS dont have a volume scorer to make up the void of ddr pts production, let alone that pos wombat on the bench

u can remove LMA for a shotblocking big...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston Rockets bound, he’s a head case but you gotta risk it for the biscuit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston Rockets bound, he’s a head case but you gotta risk it for the biscuit
    Not much risk. It’s a conditional second rounder. If I were Hou, the condition would be that if I had to cut him, the pick would not convey. They do need better guard play, though. Much more than we do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aint doin nuthin, They never do!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Rockets get rid of one locker room cancer just to quickly get another. Even if Kevin blows up, his head will get big and probably cause worse issues than Harden did. Leadership matters. Character matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, there's a difference between character issues and potential mental health issues. Marshall was a superstar and was still never a character issue after working out his issues. And from what we know about how he's behaved around the team, if he became a star, that wouldn't be too far out of bounds for how divas act.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, there's a difference between character issues and potential mental health issues. Marshall was a superstar and was still never a character issue after working out his issues. And from what we know about how he's behaved around the team, if he became a star, that wouldn't be too far out of bounds for how divas act.
    Kevin Love was a mental health advocate and you would think he would have helped Porter in some way. Were the Cavaliers just careless in their approach? How is the Rockets' environment any better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Love was a mental health advocate and you would think he would have helped Porter in some way. Were the Cavaliers just careless in their approach? How is the Rockets' environment any better?
    We don't know if Love did start working with Porter. With Marshall, it wasn't an instant fix. His first therapy session was mandated by the NFL, and he was uncooperative and left without a diagnosis. It wasn't until later on after his got stabbed in his home that he decided to take therapy seriously. I'm not saying Porter has anything like that going on with him. He could JUST be an asshole or have anger issues he should be able to control without professional help. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if he does have something going on with his head that he can fix.

Houston has John Lucas, who was basically a life coach to troubled athletes before Houston signed him on. So they do have some structure in place. They also have guys like House, Wall and Cousins who have experience being locker-room issues themselves. Maybe that makes it worse, maybe it makes it better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read on Cavs reddit that they did get him some help but he refused to show up.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have faith in John Lucas. Low risk for them if you ask me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was someone who really wanted them to draft Porter last year instead of Samanic.

But after reading these snippets on the trade today Spurs really dodged a bullet:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ond-round-pick

Porter was arrested on Nov. 15 after a middle-of-the-night crash when he flipped his Mercedes SUV. He admitted that he had been drinking earlier in the evening, and when police searched the car, they found a loaded handgun in the glove compartment and a small amount of marijuana.

In October, Porter raised alarms when he posted a black square on his Instagram with the message "Do you ever wish to see the end of your time?" After Cavs officials and teammates reached out, Porter deleted his Instagram account
    Good luck to the Rockets. Kids got talent but current trajectory ain't so good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka looked a lot better than this dude today, if we're comparing prospects & potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka looked a lot better than this dude today, if we're comparing prospects & potential.
    yes, he did but..........

ole boy actually looked solid in a decent amount of real NBA minutes his rookie season. I’m happy San Antonio didn’t try and get this young man because I don’t know how well he would mesh with how Pop and the team does business.

it’s obvious he has NBA caliber talent but he also has some real personal issues he needs to take care of. Hopefully Houston can help him get his life together so he can become a better and more responsible human being overall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, he did but..........

ole boy actually looked solid in a decent amount of real NBA minutes his rookie season. I’m happy San Antonio didn’t try and get this young man because I don’t know how well he would mesh with how Pop and the team does business.

it’s obvious he has NBA caliber talent but he also has some real personal issues he needs to take care of. Hopefully Houston can help him get his life together so he can become a better and more responsible human being overall
    Yeah, basically. Dude is a big-game baller, but he's not "solid" yet. It's similar to how rookie Murray was putting up some crazy good games but had no consistency. Getting to the point where his baseline level of performance is a net-positive is the point of his d-league stint. It's already clear he has the talent to dominate down there if everything goes right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was pleased that after KPJ started hot, matching Tre up on him put out that flame. He really didn’t do much at all in the second half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was pleased that after KPJ started hot, matching Tre up on him put out that flame. He really didn’t do much at all in the second half.
    Yessir. Tre's D is legit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Told you. This guy is a baller!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, this team never trades for anyone exciting or anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, this team never trades for anyone exciting or anything
    A #30 pick melting down in the locker room because of a location change, and later throwing food at his teammates in a non fun way sounds a little too exciting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does he have a broken leg though? That could interest PATFO to save some money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude dropped a 50 piece!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude dropped a 50 piece!
    Was Patty on him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Jennings dropped 55 in his rookie season too, so let's not get ahead of ourselves. a 50 point outburst is not even impressive in the current NBA. seems like someone gets hot from 3 and drops 50 every week nowadays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Patty on him?
    Nice!

Thread Information