Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a fit with the young core at age 25.

23/10 already while dropping some trey bombs too.

But but but we've got Aldridge and extended Poodle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to know to but I think i know the answer already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he within the Spurs' reach? He's being paid money the Spurs didn't have. Would he have wanted to sign here? Seems he wanted to go to a place where he could be featured and get all the touches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we had the money. He's getting like $14 million a year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he within the Spurs' reach? He's being paid money the Spurs didn't have. Would he have wanted to sign here? Seems he wanted to go to a place where he could be featured and get all the touches.
    1. Pistons took very little for him. More like an unload from re Pistons. LMA is 24 a year. Poodles at 8. Wood is better then both of them combined. Frozen and Mills combine for 37 a year. FFS make some room for the future.
    2. Want to sign here? What say did Wood have in the matter?
    3. Wanted to be featured so he went to a team who at the time had Harden? No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Pistons took very little for him. More like an unload from re Pistons. LMA is 24 a year. Poodles at 8. Wood is better then both of them combined. Frozen and Mills combine for 37 a year. FFS make some room for the future.
    2. Want to sign here? What say did Wood have in the matter?
    3. Wanted to be featured so he went to a team who at the time had Harden? No.
    Bigs thrive with Harden.

Wood had all the say. He was a free agent. They opted for a sign and trade to get him more money and for the Pistons to get something out of it.

I'm not at all comparing Wood to our current bigs. It's obvious he's better. I'm just saying it doesn't look like it was even possible the Spurs were going to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh, 2D cap understanding is annoying. Hopefully after this year when the Spurs actually have cap space again folks won't do like compare exceptions to contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh, 2D cap understanding is annoying. Hopefully after this year when the Spurs actually have cap space again folks won't do like compare exceptions to contracts.
    Ug, or maybe with anything above sub zero D BBIQ the Spurs could have and still could unload some of their bloated cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a free agent. He was had by Houston because of a S&T. So you're assuming Pistons wanted any of our garbage for him and that he ever was interested in coming here.

I'm sure Spurs reach out to all big FA agents to gauge interest. But this was 100% Woods choice, Detroit had no say in the matter. He did them a solid by agreeing to the S&T

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs two biggest cap salaries are coming off the books this after this season. I guarantee the Spurs are not desperate to unload them to take on more salary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bigs thrive with Harden.

Wood had all the say. He was a free agent. They opted for a sign and trade to get him more money and for the Pistons to get something out of it.

I'm not at all comparing Wood to our current bigs. It's obvious he's better. I'm just saying it doesn't look like it was even possible the Spurs were going to get him.
    ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone would look great with LMA guarding them. Poodle ing stoned him in their matchup, and Keldon did well, too, away from quick flashes the paint. Wood couldn’t back him down, though. He also went from 5-7 from three in the first game to 1-3 in the second game.

Wood will put up good numbers in the midget ball NBA, but he’ll never dominate, and force you to double him. He’s on his sixth team in six seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing about Wood is that he's really ty at defense. So not only did the Spurs not have the jack to get him, they prioritized the guy they already had, who they knew wanted to be here, and who is actually good at defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We probably couldn't afford him this year but he has been a journeyman for a minute we could have gotten him before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair I didn't see one poster here suggest the Spurs go after him last off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair I didn't see one poster here suggest the Spurs go after him last off-season.
    What? No way. We have geniuses on this board who know better than anybody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i still remember the old days when you and bruno would be walking everyone through cap scenarios. the summer we got LMA had all kinds of hoops that had to be jumped through with the precise order of certain transactions (ie when each of kawhi, danny, duncan, manu, aldridge signed)

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate going to the mall. Not because it doesn’t have things I like, but because most of the crap I can’t afford. So I don’t even waste my time going. I feel as though I identify with the Spurs this past offseason. Sorry, you were saying?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i still remember the old days when you and bruno would be walking everyone through cap scenarios. the summer we got LMA had all kinds of hoops that had to be jumped through with the precise order of certain transactions (ie when each of kawhi, danny, duncan, manu, aldridge signed)
    Yeah. The Spurs may finally have another off-season where something like that is necessary, though since they already extended White, we probably don't have to worry about it. You saying that reminds me of guys like Bruno and Mel who haven't been around in years. Hope they're doing okay but also happy they avoided the DeRozan/Forbes era for the most part.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was pulling for us to sign him as an undrafted free agent out of UNLV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We probably couldn't afford him this year but he has been a journeyman for a minute we could have gotten him before
    Yep.
    Inserted into the starting lineup following the Pistons’ Andre Drummond trade, he recorded 22.8 PPG, 9.9 RPG and 2.0 APG over his final 13 games. (Of 2019-20)

In 2018-19 he did 17/8 in only 24 minutes per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? No way. We have geniuses on this board who know better than anybody.
    We do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not far fetched that the Pistons would've taken DeRozan with Casey there coaching. Wood and Grant were my top 2 targets. Wood averages 23, Grant 25 PPG b-b-b-but "We don't do trades"

Sure Spurs didn't have the money, but let's not act like there weren't any possibilities to create cap room

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said that multiple times tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs two biggest cap salaries are coming off the books this after this season. I guarantee the Spurs are not desperate to unload them to take on more salary
    We had to wait until this season is over?
    Why not last offseason?

Thread Information