Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Letting each state/municipality set its own minimum wage would lead to slave labor in the dirty south. If the McDonalds franchise owner in sville Texas is butthurt about a federal minimum wage, he should blame governor Hot Wheels and his state legislature. Their bad faith belief in a free market that drives wage growth is what creates the need for a federal minimum wage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you do not like the min wage in state move
    Why the should the federal government be bigger ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Letting each state/municipality set its own minimum wage would lead to slave labor in the dirty south. If the McDonalds franchise owner in sville Texas is butthurt about a federal minimum wage, he should blame governor Hot Wheels and his state legislature. Their bad faith belief in a free market that drives wage growth is what creates the need for a federal minimum wage.
    letting them set it is one thing... but having a federal standard which ties min wage to some cost of living index (with that index being by municipality) could work.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    letting them set it is one thing... but having a federal standard which ties min wage to some cost of living index (with that index being by municipality) could work.
    Sure, but unfortunately when it starts getting complicated like that the GOP finds ways to juke the system. When one political party in a two party country is always acting in bad faith it makes things like what you’re describing impossible to implement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but unfortunately when it starts getting complicated like that the GOP finds ways to juke the system. When one political party in a two party country is always acting in bad faith it makes things like what you’re describing impossible to implement.
    yeah but hiking the min wages in backwoods rural areas to $15/hr isn't helping

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    yeah but hiking the min wages in backwoods rural areas to $15/hr isn't helping
    It’s $13.50 an hour now in Washington State, which outside of the greater Seattle MSA is mostly backwoods areas. The McDonalds franchises in those areas aren’t shutting down en masse last I checked.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we can all agree there should be a floor, and $7.25 ain't it. Perhaps another way to do it is to allow cost-of-living based exemptions in certain areas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I fixed a computer that 3 staple techs could not

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Put that on your resume, please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I imagine ducks company just keeps him in some back room. No sane company would allow him to interact with customers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what is middle class Mr. Pew research?
    what is upper class and what is lower class?

give us the definition from your reading.
    I had this debate on here about a decade ago, that median income does not equal middle class. At the time I posited that middle class started somewhere close to $100k and most Americans were living below middle class and only able to maintain "middle class" lifestyle through debt ac ulation. Libs on here called me an elitist richer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was wrong with it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much stuff disabled plus it was opening in a dos format
    Plus needed windows updates
    Computer was 7 months old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there should be a floor, but as spurminator pointed out, that floor could vary by locality. so the nationwide floor ideally would only be as high as the lowest locality. i dont know that $15/hr makes sense everywhere based on cost of living
    I don't disagree with this. But inflation, that liquidates the real value of minimum wage, happens nationwide. That 2% yearly, if you don't update the minimum wage, can build up to a chunk of change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. If it were up to Alabama, minimum wage would be $1/hour if you're white, 50c/hour if you're messican and 25c/hour if you're black, and minors over 14 years old can be employed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "+ If Biden signs the Raise the Wage Act (as he has pledged to do) in early February, the federal minimum wage won’t hit $15 until May 1, 2026."

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/01/22/roaming-charges-new-days-old-ways/

give it 3 years, not 5, and indexed to inflation and prorated for CoL by region

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $23hr is fine in LA rn considering no one is working and everything is closed down due to the China Virus. Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real and nominal value of the federal minimum wage in the United States from 1938 to 2019

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...nimum-wage-us/

Note how in the mid-70s, to end the Golden Age of Labor '45-'75, the VRWC/oligarchy got organized and succeeded in oppressing Labor costs, right through to today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what is middle class Mr. Pew research?
    what is upper class and what is lower class?

give us the definition from your reading.

Go

When the top 50% of taxpayers pay 97% of the taxes something is wrong.
    And if you think this is normal and healthy you’re an idiot.
    DoEs AnYtHiNg ReAlLy ExIsT!?!!!!!111

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. If it were up to Alabama, minimum wage would be $1/hour if you're white, 50c/hour if you're messican and 25c/hour if you're black, and minors over 14 years old can be employed.
    Minors over 14 can be employed now. When did that become illegal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't care about minimum wage but whatever it is, I'm sure it won't be enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minors over 14 can be employed now. When did that become illegal?
    There are some fairly severe restrictions in the number of hours/weeks they can work, especially when school is in session (that goes on until they're 16 y/o). Also, they're only allowed to work in non-agricultural jobs.

Which is the right thing to do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the poor stops spending overly-proportionate amounts of their income on luxury brands, specifically in essential items (clothing and tech specifically), will we fully be ready to discuss what a real minimum wage is and what and who it is designed for.

Muricans never stop crying about financial inequality. Muricans never stop spending and giving their monies to the rich. The rich don't get richer by ing magic. The rich get richer because the typical just love having . Undeniable fact.

There's an issue with Murican's addiction to consumerism and we don't want to admit it. It's irrefutable to me and the poorest of the poor in this country still live better than the vast majority of the world.

Want to bridge the wealth gap? Step 1. Stop giving your money to the rich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the poor stops spending overly-proportionate amounts of their income on luxury brands, specifically in essential items (clothing and tech specifically), will we fully be ready to discuss what a real minimum wage is and what and who it is designed for.

Muricans never stop crying about financial inequality. Muricans never stop spending and giving their monies to the rich. The rich don't get richer by ing magic. The rich get richer because the typical just love having . Undeniable fact.

There's an issue with Murican's addiction to consumerism and we don't want to admit it. It's irrefutable to me and the poorest of the poor in this country still live better than the vast majority of the world.

Want to bridge the wealth gap? Step 1. Stop giving your money to the rich.
    start at 9:00

Thread Information