Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aaargg all these people buying lobster with foodstamps! and using child support money to get their nails done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you do not like the min wage in state move
    Why the should the federal government be bigger ?
    That would be kinda awesome.

Let each state pick their own, and let them find out what nobles found out at the end of feudalism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I fixed a computer that 3 staple techs could not
    Good on you.

Not a high bar. No disrespect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Det's ok.

High payroll writing staffs can't save every Jew comic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the poor stops spending overly-proportionate amounts of their income on luxury brands, specifically in essential items (clothing and tech specifically), will we fully be ready to discuss what a real minimum wage is and what and who it is designed for.

Muricans never stop crying about financial inequality. Muricans never stop spending and giving their monies to the rich. The rich don't get richer by ing magic. The rich get richer because the typical just love having . Undeniable fact.

There's an issue with Murican's addiction to consumerism and we don't want to admit it. It's irrefutable to me and the poorest of the poor in this country still live better than the vast majority of the world.

Want to bridge the wealth gap? Step 1. Stop giving your money to the rich.
    Sorry, but this is a ridiculous argument Chucho... this is like saying the poor have it coming to them.

They're poor, they don't have the education (economic or otherwise) to deal with sharks everywhere throwing financial instruments at them. Eventually hits the fan, and they're still even more poor.

I'm not saying it's 100% the rich people's fault, but we do have a system that prays on the poor and makes sure they stay there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $23 is absurd lmao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, but this is a ridiculous argument Chucho... this is like saying the poor have it coming to them.

They're poor, they don't have the education (economic or otherwise) to deal with sharks everywhere throwing financial instruments at them. Eventually hits the fan, and they're still even more poor.

I'm not saying it's 100% the rich people's fault, but we do have a system that prays on the poor and makes sure they stay there.

Cause and effect. The poor don't have it coming to them, but they've nary a leg to stand on when they can't stop spending on they don't need.

You don't need a car payment or to spend 1/4th your rent budget on sneakers, etc. These comapnies aren't hurting whatsoever because their customer base isn't hurting whatsoever.

No need to go further, Nono. We don't see eye to eye on this. I feel our society, with the wealth of knowledge and information at it's immediate access doesn't have much excuse to shove accountability elsewhere when we just don't stop spending.

We're in denial and you can cite whatever studies and factors. Our poorest folk still live better than 75%+ of the world. We're fine compared to most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cause and effect. The poor don't have it coming to them, but they've nary a leg to stand on when they can't stop spending on they don't need.

You don't need a car payment or to spend 1/4th your rent budget on sneakers, etc. These comapnies aren't hurting whatsoever because their customer base isn't hurting whatsoever.

No need to go further, Nono. We don't see eye to eye on this. I feel our society, with the wealth of knowledge and information at it's immediate access doesn't have much excuse to shove accountability elsewhere when we just don't stop spending.

We're in denial and you can cite whatever studies and factors. Our poorest folk still live better than 75%+ of the world. We're fine compared to most.
    Problem isn't that making bad decisions causes you to be poor.

The problem is that being poor leads to bad decisions.

That is what we know about the cognitive burden that poverty places on people.

You have the causal relationship backwards, and that hampers your ability to get a good evidence-based policy that would stand a better chance of working.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...-seem-to-make-

Your Brain on Poverty: Why Poor People Seem to Make Bad Decisions
    And why their "bad" decisions might be more rational than you'd think.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.theatlantic.com/business...-seem-to-make-

Your Brain on Poverty: Why Poor People Seem to Make Bad Decisions
    And why their "bad" decisions might be more rational than you'd think.
    poor people don't waste their money, that racists like TSA, Chucho, etc propaganda.

poor people don't have the money to waste, after rent, food, basics like TV and smartphone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'll be happy if we can stop sending people down to the poverty pool for decisions they didn't make. I think that would be a good start, and a place we can probably find common ground.

For example, bankrupting families for ridiculous health bills (sometimes thousands of times over what Medicare pays for the same service) should be flat out eradicated. This is an area that I think affects just not the poor, but middle class as well.

Thread Information