Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but if we had gotten Wiseman, we probably wouldn’t have Vassell right now.
    well yeah, but there's a reason wiseman went #2 and vassell didnt

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, that'll always be 2001. If Duncan leaves the Spurs are already in Vegas.
    That was 2000, but 2001 was an extremely eventful offseason too. Spurs had max capspace and dreams of signing Chris Webber until David got pissed and threatened to sign with the Knicks for the midlevel. Embarrassed to admit I was one of many Spurs fans pissed at the news, but thank ing god it worked out the way they did. Then in retrospect, blows me away Pop was able to pry Bruce Bowen from Miami with only a minimum contract and a promise for a bigger extension the next year. Could you imagine if instead of signing Bruce for a song they re-upped a broken diva in DA? Would have made re-signing Manu in 03-04 a nightmare if they had Anderson's dead money tying up the cap, could very well have ended up like Arenas in Golden State. And what the was Riley thinking letting Bruce walk on a minimum deal? But Bruce really wanted to be here.

There were so many ways that 2001 offseason could have been disastrous. Another example was they were in talks with Seattle to trade TP, Malik Rose, Antonio Daniels, and I forget what else for Gary Payton after Seattle was blown away by Parker's first two games in summer league. God Payton fell off fast, Spurs would have gotten one prime year out of Payton in 01-02 instead of all of Tony's prime. And even then rookie Parker really held his own in that first round series against Payton in 01-02. Watching Tony go off Game 3 in Seattle will always be one of my fondest Spurs memories.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-20-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was 2000, but 2001 was an extremely eventful offseason too. Spurs had max capspace and dreams of signing Chris Webber until David got pissed and threatened to sign with the Knicks for the midlevel. Embarrassed to admit I was one of many Spurs fans pissed at the news, but thank ing god it worked out the way they did. Then in retrospect, blows me away Pop was able to pry Bruce Bowen from Miami with only a minimum contract and a promise for a bigger extension the next year. Could you imagine if instead of signing Bruce for a song they re-upped a broken diva in DA? Would have made re-signing Manu in 03-04 a nightmare if they had Anderson's dead money tying up the cap, could very well have ended up like Arenas in Golden State. And what the was Riley thinking letting Bruce walk on a minimum deal? But Bruce really wanted to be here.

There were so many ways that 2001 offseason could have been disastrous. Another example was they were in talks with Seattle to trade TP, Malik Rose, Antonio Daniels, and I forget what else for Gary Payton after Seattle was blown away by Parker's first two games in summer league. God Payton fell off fast, Spurs would have gotten one prime year out of Payton in 01-02 instead of all of Tony's prime. And even then rookie Parker really held his own in that first round series against Payton in 01-02. Watching Tony go off Game 3 in Seattle will always be one of my fondest Spurs memories.
    The charlotte Hornets are the second team I follow outside of the Spur simply because I grew up in NC. The reason I mention this is because Bruce got humiliated against the Hornets in the '01 playoffs. Miami was the 3 seed and the Hornets were the sixth seed. The Heat had championship expectations heading into the playoffs with them having a revamped team of Hardaway-Zo-Eddie Jones-Mason-Brian Grant. Bruce got his ass whooped by Jamal Mashburn throughout the series. Mashburn lit him up pretty badly. Also the Hornets guards Wesley and Baron Davis curb stomped Bruce whenever they were guarded by him The Heat ended up getting swept in that series and lost every game by a record average margin of defeat of 22 points. I remember when the Spur signed him thinking that we are expecting this guy to contain Kobe but he couldn't even contain Mashburn-Wesley-Davis. I was glad that Bruce proved that series was a fluke but the Spurs lucked out Riley turned against Bruce after that series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From now on I'll be calling Wiseman "The One That Got Away".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A. He and Tim were never TIGHT like that
    B. What an insult to Tim Duncan TBH
    C. ing a Spurgs talk eytesting bolded DONK reposting "light years ahead" Coach Speak of Golden Ref's Propoganda makes you Cuck of Cuck,
    are you going to start reposting media blurbs from the Lakers now? Check that, probably already have 13 k post......
    Glad to see you're still around, Drew. A necessary antic in this troll-ridden forum.

I've recently noticed that I've gone off the deep end, sadly... I've become a bolded doink myself!

But I've come to wonder what actually makes an account get bolded in the first place. You, my guy, have more than double my posts, so it mustn't be post count, like I originally thought; your account is older than mine as well, so that can't be either. What's the secret that keeps your account in that juvenile, fountain-of-youth-esque, non-bolded doinkness? Can timvp shine some light on this mystery that's sure to keep me up at night for weeks on end?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Stop talking out of your ass.
    that's what you're doig

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any comparisons to Duncan / Robinson are ridiculous & insulting. Why even go there? Those guys are Top 50 NBA players of all time and both played 4 years of college basketball. They understood the game and were the type of players you could build a franchise around.

The only comparison to Duncan should have been - "He reminds me of Tim in that he is tall, black and enjoys playing video games."

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A. He and Tim were never TIGHT like that
    B. What an insult to Tim Duncan TBH
    C. ing a Spurgs talk eytesting bolded DONK reposting "light years ahead" Coach Speak of Golden Ref's Propoganda makes you Cuck of Cuck,
    are you going to start reposting media blurbs from the Lakers now? Check that, probably already have 13 k post......
    Can anyone translate? I don’t speak manchild. But... I do appreciate the passion.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for the potential trade, to offload LA, as he is falling off a cliff, for Wiseman, even with Wiggins, would have been a steal. Risky. Not my first choice at the time, but in retrospect it would have been a move I support. I’m happy with Vassel so far but I have yet to see a twinkle of All Star potential because he doesn’t have any offensive game yet other than 3s. Anyway, I digress.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see it, sorry Kerr. Is he going to develop post moves, i don't see A+ bball IQ, i have Tim as one of the top 5 bball IQ's in the history of the game because he did stuff of the ball that very few do. Timmy's body was already pretty well developed, he could fight down low against anyone, we'll see how this kid's body develops. Stupid move by Kerr to set such a high standard for this kid and when he fails meeting those expectations crush him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see it, sorry Kerr. Is he going to develop post moves, i don't see A+ bball IQ, i have Tim as one of the top 5 bball IQ's in the history of the game because he did stuff of the ball that very few do. Timmy's body was already pretty well developed, he could fight down low against anyone, we'll see how this kid's body develops. Stupid move by Kerr to set such a high standard for this kid and when he fails meeting those expectations crush him.
    Too bad he won't be learning directly from Tim.

Thread Information