Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Living in the SF Bay Area, I was listening to local sports radio today and Kerr was interviewed. After talking about their big win over the Lakers last night, they segued into Wiseman's development so far and Kerr said he reminds him of TD in terms of his "humility and yet fiercely compe ive spirit". He said Wiseman has the same balance of those qualities that he saw in TD when he was a Spur. The interviewer then pressed him about how the Dubs might not have him now if Klay didn't get hurt and after initially trying to play it off like they always intended to keep the 2nd pick, he admitted that "while certain teams expressed interest" he was glad they "reassessed" their situation on draft night and made the right choice. He was asked "We heard your opponent tomorrow was interested in Wiseman for Lamarcus Aldridge, is that true?" Kerr played coy but didn't deny it, saying "some teams were interested" and Aldridge is "an established player in this league" but they're glad to be at this point where they have been "rewarded for sticking with this kid" while the team is slowly trying to make due without Klay. Yep, Wiseman definitely would've been a Spur if Thompson didn't get hurt. Interesting interview, nevertheless.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the info. GS probably asked for more when Klay went down. They only ever need Aldridge to matchup with DEN and LAL , once their contention window is closed the only reason to do the trade is if it is an overpay.
    Last edited by rankingtear; 01-20-2021 at 12:35 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Wiseman has a bright future but when I’ve watched him this season I’ve been super underwhelmed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You win some, you lose some, I guess. The summer of 2021 will be our biggest offseason, dare I say, ever?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr is doing what all coaches do which is praise their young player by saying he reminds them of some all time great that he played with.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Wiseman has a bright future but when I’ve watched him this season I’ve been super underwhelmed
    He reminds me a lot like Robert Parish the way he gets up the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing to see here, Kerr's just trying to keep the rook's confidence up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but if we had gotten Wiseman, we probably wouldn’t have Vassell right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You win some, you lose some, I guess. The summer of 2021 will be our biggest offseason, dare I say, ever?
    Nah, that'll always be 2001. If Duncan leaves the Spurs are already in Vegas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but if we had gotten Wiseman, we probably wouldn’t have Vassell right now.
    I would have been more than OK with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing to see here, Kerr's just trying to keep the rook's confidence up.
    That's not the biggest takeaway from the interview though, it's that PATFO did try to trade for Wiseman and it was VERY nearly close to happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, true. I talked earlier about needing to tank in what will be a much better draft than last year and that is enticing but my instincts take over and and end up cheering for wins on game nights. Either way, whether we get a late 1st pick or get in the lottery again, it'll still be a very big offseason for the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not the biggest takeaway from the interview though, it's that PATFO did try to trade for Wiseman and it was VERY nearly close to happening.
    Given the offseason chatter surrounding Spurs & LMA, I'd assumed it was practically guranteed to happen. This is the main reason why I'm not mad at PATFO. And it's also the main reason why I'm confused why some of the other posters are in fact upset. It's pretty clear that they tried to unload him, it was just unlucky that the Thompson injury got in the way of their plans.

And PATFO are not gonna settle for a one-sided trade, unless the player in question runs outta town and starts hiding behind his uncle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hated that the deal didn’t go through, but watching Vassell has played, I’m not sorry. Vassell will be a stud and multiple All Star, will be one of the best 2way player in the NBA.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

spurs retained duncan. also retained manu. landed la.

spurs will NEVER land another big fish like la until they've relocated.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bigger than almost losing Timmy to Orlando ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

spurs retained duncan. also retained manu. landed la.

spurs will NEVER land another big fish like la until they've relocated.
    Stop talking out of your ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bigger than almost losing Timmy to Orlando ?
    Probably as big. It will basically tell us what the next three to four years will be like, unless they sign players to 1-2 year deals again. It will also show us who the Spurs will prioritize on the team. It's going to be huge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably as big. It will basically tell us what the next three to four years will be like, unless they sign players to 1-2 year deals again. It will also show us who the Spurs will prioritize on the team. It's going to be huge.
    I hope it's nothing like the 2003 offseason tbh. All this hype only for us to sign Hedo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are no free agents to be signed. I totally expect the Spurs to try to resign Gay, Mills and Aldridge on a discount while giving DeMar a big deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are no free agents to be signed. I totally expect the Spurs to try to resign Gay, Mills and Aldridge on a discount while giving DeMar a big deal
    Sadly, I don’t disagree. Patty and DDR are almost certain to be brought back at this point. Going to be a frustrating 3 more years of fringe playoff teams and mid round draft pics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The very thought of that makes me cringe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay’s injury must’ve changed everything. Shame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he looks good, but Vassell has impressed me. I'm not disappointed that the Wiseman deal didn't happen.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills and Gay are a certainty due to the "culture" aspect. The big man situation on this team is so dire that they probably will attempt to bring back LMA even though he looks washed this season. I have my doubts about Derozan. If they liked him enough, they would have already extended him. I also feel Pop is not too happy about his pouting fits.

Thread Information