My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Watched my first game ever live in 2002 when NC State took out #1 in the nation under Philip Rivers. Tore down the goalposts when I was seven. This one hurts

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    At least the Saints have some contingency QBs who are competent and can win (or lose) games but both are turnover prone. Brees was sure turnover prone as well in his last game, sadly.

The Colts on the other hand don't really have a backup who can win more than 4 or so games on the roster. They need to trade for Carson Wentz ASAP. But the Eagles firing Doug Pederson makes that a little less likely. If the Eagles hire a pro-Hurts guy to be HC then Wentz to the Colts is a lock. But if not... what are their other options, tbh? Plenty of QBs on the market with starter experience but not any very good ones. Trubisky, Newton, maybe Bridgewater, Cook, Flacco, etc. Their draft pick is too low to get a first rate QB in the draft.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    At least the Saints have some contingency QBs who are competent and can win (or lose) games but both are turnover prone. Brees was sure turnover prone as well in his last game, sadly.

The Colts on the other hand don't really have a backup who can win more than 4 or so games on the roster. They need to trade for Carson Wentz ASAP. But the Eagles firing Doug Pederson makes that a little less likely. If the Eagles hire a pro-Hurts guy to be HC then Wentz to the Colts is a lock. But if not... what are their other options, tbh? Plenty of QBs on the market with starter experience but not any very good ones. Trubisky, Newton, maybe Bridgewater, Cook, Flacco, etc. Their draft pick is too low to get a first rate QB in the draft.
    Mitch could be ok. Would actually have an oline that could block for him. Never will be great, but can be a decent starter. Other option is maybe to trade up and grab Trey Lance

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Bridgewater imo while drafting a QB to groom in the mid-early rounds.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    no to Wentz. If they are going to trade for a vet qb I want Stafford

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Philly would have to include a pick to dump Wentz tbh

as for philbilly, very good but simply not great QB. had a number of years in that second tier below the brady/manning/brees/rodgers' of the world, but never quite got into that highest of tiers.

5-7 record in the playoffs, and its not like the chargers never had good teams.

i dont know about HOF but he was a damn good player, and tough as nails. so many times he would look down the barrel and take a huge hit to deliver a clutch throw

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Warren Moon and Dan Fouts are the only 2 QBs in the HOF to have never made a Super Bowl. Gonna be hard for Rivers to get in.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    I think he gets in. Is he first ballot? No, but I do think you need to look in the Era he played in. The AFC was stacked with Manning, Ben, Ray Lewis, Brady. Those guys dominated the 2000s. I'm also impressed with his consecutive starts. He's 2nd all time only behind Farve. I mean dude played in a conference championship with a torn acl. It is a shame he didn't ring, he's was a great teammate, and a fierce compe or.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He gets in imo, he was part of the Golden era of QBs tbh. Only reason he doesn't have a SB is because of Brady and Manning.

Thread Information