Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Ian Rapoport tweet:

"
    Drew Brees is retiring. Philip Rivers is retiring. So many of the great, old-guard QBs are stepping away… except Tom Brady, who will play in the NFC le Game this weekend.
    "

First Ballot Hall of Famer tbh. Darth_Pelican Pelicans78

So where do the Saints go from here, tbh? Winston? Hill? Trade Winston and a couple picks for Dak Prescott?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    RIP Saintref

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Brady will be №1 in both passing tds and yards next season

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Brady will be №1 in both passing tds and yards next season
    With the evolution of the game, the rule changes that protect QBs and favor WRs, and the addition of 1 extra game per season, the passing yard records won't hold up tbh. TD's will probably get surpassed as well.
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 01-20-2021 at 11:43 AM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    With the evolution of the game, the rule changes that protect QBs and favor WRs, and the addition of 1 extra game per season, the passing yard records won't hold up tbh. TD's will probably get surpassed as well.
    True

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I really really really really really really really hope this crap proposal gets nixed. #PrayToG-d

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Unfortunately Brees cost them a deep run the last two seasons, but that said, he saved the franchise post-Katrina and spoiled the fan base for many years to come. A true franchise QB and all-time great. I appreciate everything he did as a Saints fan and wish him well post-retirement.

As far as the future, Taysom will definitely be in the mix, but I hope Winston or someone gets a chance. It sucks they wasted the best regular season stretch in franchise history with the group they had especially defensively. Part of that is on Brees the last two years but also bad defense with the Minny miracle and a bad break with the no call against the Rams, but now they gotta figure out the roster when it comes to salary cap issues.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Drew had a brutal finish off and on the field but that will fade within time.

Long way for the short QB from Purdue. Early run with Chargers but shoulder injury almost landed him in Miami. The rest was essentially story book teaming with Payton and countless receiving targets

Somewhere in the heart of Top 15 QBs I watched. Even Top 5 in some comparisons.

Of recent QBs. Below Tom, Peyton and lesser extent Rodgers. I have Drew over the Ben, Eli and Phillip. After that Newton, Ryan and Carson.

Unfortunately Brees cost them a deep run the last two seasons,
    Aren't the Saints area fans more pissed at Cook? Cook can be forgiven and it's over with now.
    But seemed like Brees was game managing the Saints to a solid if unspectacular win before the fumble.

Brees injuries certainly caught up with him. That was obvious.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    not sure, it comes down to longevity more than anything. you can have 16 consecutive 5000 yard, 37 TD seasons and not catch brady

as crazy as brady's longevity has been, he also missed a full season of his prime where he could have padded more numbers with Moss

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    not sure, it comes down to longevity more than anything. you can have 16 consecutive 5000 yard, 37 TD seasons and not catch brady

as crazy as brady's longevity has been, he also missed a full season of his prime where he could have padded more numbers with Moss
    Agreed. And Brady's injury was a "clean" ACL tear that didn't affect his longevity. Mahomes, on the other hand, seems to be significantly more injury prone. I'm not sure his body will make it into his 40's.

Aaron Rodgers has looked elite again the past couple years but he's been injured multiple times... also he lost most of his rookie contract years on the bench due to Favre being the starter, so he'll never catch Brady

Trevor Lawrence might have a chance in Jacksonville; they have some good weapons there already. Hopefully for them Urban Meyer's health holds up long term because that could be a dynasty there in DUUUUUVAL tbh.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...yds_career.htm

If Stafford and Matt Ryan both play till they're 40-41 ish, they'll both be knocking on the door assuming 4,000-4,200 passing yards per year. Depends on health and desire to play that long.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...yds_career.htm

If Stafford and Matt Ryan both play till they're 40-41 ish, they'll both be knocking on the door assuming 4,000-4,200 passing yards per year. Depends on health and desire to play that long.
    also just depends on their ability to hold off father time. not everybody can do what Brady/Brees did, and brees has slowed pretty visibly in recent years.

stafford is 3 years younger than Ryan, so he still has time.

but some guys just fall off a cliff and are done, like Palmer, the mannings, Rivers to a degree.

Brees wife says
    "The fact that you played this entire year with a torn rotator cuff, torn fascia in your foot, … then later 11 broken ribs a collapsed lung"

Thread Information