Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Around this time last year, we were pretty down on the Spurs. They were sporting their worst defense in team history, trotting out lineups that resulted in cramped spacing, essentially refusing to play their two best young players at the same time (Murray and Derrick White)7 and rarely playing two of the other young guys (Walker and Johnson) at all." it's almost like they're reading what some of us have spent more than a season complaining about the coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont know how they come up with that, but presumably they're charting Demar as the 4 in the starting unit, when Keldon has usually drawn the bigger assignments on defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, the Durant Warriors are a major outlier. They had the talent to dictate match ups in a way no team can now. A normal team doesn't run Capela or Gobert or even Poeltl off the floor.
    They allow you to contract your defense, and switch much easier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Around this time last year, we were pretty down on the Spurs. They were sporting their worst defense in team history, trotting out lineups that resulted in cramped spacing, essentially refusing to play their two best young players at the same time (Murray and Derrick White)7 and rarely playing two of the other young guys (Walker and Johnson) at all." it's almost like they're reading what some of us have spent more than a season complaining about the coach.
    The Sniff Crew slurping the old man off this year because of basic B coach moves that everybody with 1/2 a brain was clamoring for the last few years.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we’ve all noticed this without needing numbers but here they are:

The kids have been better without the Spurs’ stars

Point differential per 100 possessions and overall, for the San Antonio Spurs when Dejounte Murray, Lonnie Walker and Keldon Johnson have played with and without DeMar DeRozan and LaMarcus Aldridge
    ON THE COURT NUMBER OF POSSESSIONS DIFF. PER
    100 POSS.
    OVERALL POINT DIFF.
    With DeRozan and Aldridge 275 -3.0 -8
    With DeRozan, without Aldridge 156 +3.6 +6
    With Aldridge, without DeRozan 93 -2.4 -2
    With neither 103 +31.1 +32
    Since the start of the 2019-20 season through Jan. 18, 2021. Stats exclude garbage-time possessions.
    SOURCE: CLEANING THE GLASS

31.1! Simulator crew can't even simulate or off-season right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, those stats are better than I thought. We have a Top 10 defense????
    10th in Defensive Efficiency according to Hollinger.

Obviously still a long ways to go, but that's a of a lot better than the 25th we finished last season in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stats match what we've seen with our eyes. The young core is not only the future, but also the present. Let LMA go (or trade him), pick up a mobile big or two, and only keep DDR if he is willing to sign a team friendly deal.
    Truth

Thread Information