Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You sound like a neoliberal DNC insider, always predicting what is "practical" with the lowest of aims. If Repugs behaved like this Biden would be converting another SC seat right now for a 5-4 majority.
    I’m not saying that Biden shouldn’t be exerting whatever force he can to nuke the filibuster, I’m just saying it’s unlikely to matter.

Im also saying that Kamala of all people likely isn’t going to be the one to go medieval and start playing hard ball. Imo you need a president who doesn’t come from the senate for that to happen (ie an ex governor instead), people who spend time in the senate turn into bureaucrats who become scared of changing norms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn splits, let us enjoy today at least

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither Murkowski nor Manchin are weak willed senators who can be bent (other Dems like Feinstein and Sinema can absolutely be bent thoug). They’re two old timers who take pride in the senate being a bureaucratic cesspool with stupid rules like the filibuster that prevent anything productive from getting done.

Theres a higher chance of Manchin changing his mind on the filibuster than there is Murkowski agreeing to change sides and also kill the filibuster imo. If Cocaine Mitch blocks everything, I think Manchin can be convinced that nuking the filibuster to get stuff done is the best political option to avoid a midterm s acking.
    As recently as the early 1990s, the Senate was a body that operated mainly by simple majority votes, I hope we return to it.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    antifa.com

Follow the link

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antifa isn't a business. In fact, it's not really an organization at all.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Antifa isn't a business. In fact, it's not really an organization at all.
    Put that address into your browser

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    As recently as the early 1990s, the Senate was a body that operated mainly by simple majority votes, I hope we return to it.
    The only way to do that would be nuking the filibuster.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today was a good day good use of 4 hours of my time while getting paid to work, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn splits, let us enjoy today at least
    Sure, enjoy your Muslim travel ban reversal EO. That will show those guys not to mess with us.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Everything he said there is true, though. Manchin will appeal to his cons uents, which are moderates. Only way I see that changing is if he has suddenly decides to retire and therefore does not fear losing his seat.

You sound like a neoliberal DNC insider, always predicting what is "practical" with the lowest of aims. If Repugs behaved like this Biden would be converting another SC seat right now for a 5-4 majority.

If nuking the filibuster for lifetime appointments on the highest court of the land is ok, it is certainly ok for legislation the other party can repeal once taking back power. Drill that point home through everyone's tiny ing skulls and nuke it immediately. Biden would never do that. Harris might.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Sure, enjoy your Muslim travel ban reversal EO. That will show those guys not to mess with us.
    Nothing says time for healing like importing outsiders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not saying that Biden shouldn’t be exerting whatever force he can to nuke the filibuster, I’m just saying it’s unlikely to matter.

Im also saying that Kamala of all people likely isn’t going to be the one to go medieval and start playing hard ball. Imo you need a president who doesn’t come from the senate for that to happen (ie an ex governor instead), people who spend time in the senate turn into bureaucrats who become scared of changing norms.
    she spent 4 years there, not 40 like SJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    domestic terrorism is far more of a concern that islamic terrorism at this point tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything he said there is true, though. Manchin will appeal to his cons uents, which are moderates. Only way I see that changing is if he has suddenly decides to retire and therefore does not fear losing his seat.
    Nobody can predict what happens in politics, Trump proved it and Dems should follow his lead but instead of utter stupidity do it wisely.

First EO should have been to ban assault weapons and let you gots fight it in court for 4 years.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nothing says time for healing like importing outsiders
    Don’t change that channel. Following the inauguration will be several mixed couples commercials.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris has neocon blood tho

May GOD guard old Joe for the next 4 years because if neocon Kopmala b3comes POTUS.... may the lord help us. She is a shillary wannabe
    Yep

These people thinking she's a left wing progressive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splits subscribes to the theory that Harris is a Bernie type progressive. I never saw the comparison.

Harris comes from a Clintonite/Obama mold. It was Hillary who hyped her future potus to begin with. That should tell you a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from thedonald.win on the inauguration

that place is a gold mine for hilarious q posts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put that address into your browser
    lame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    domestic terrorism is far more of a concern that islamic terrorism at this point tbh
    Right. Which is why instead of messing around with stupid like the Muslim ban he should have announced a multi-agency taskforce to round up, arrest, and investigate all of the militia groups. But no, you get a WHO membership instead. Enjoy!

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Don’t change that channel. Following the inauguration will be several mixed couples commercials.
    Not watching. Checking out on here and couple group texts laughing at it/America

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not watching. Checking out on here and couple group texts laughing at it/America
    They’re not laughing at it. They’re laughing at you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splits subscribes to the theory that Harris is a Bernie type progressive. I never saw the comparison.

Harris comes from a Clintonite/Obama mold. It was Hillary who hyped her future potus to begin with. That should tell you a lot.
    No I don't. I subscribe to the theory of you know exactly what you're going to get with Biden and you will hate it. Harris has an unknown quan y to her and I'd rather roll with that than the guy who can barely string two sentences together without using the word "unity" or "bi-partisanship".

Thread Information