Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Remembering the greatest moment of the Trump administration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He died of a heart attack on Nov. 3rd the moment Fox News called AZ for Biden. RIP Culburn 1946-2020
    Hopefully the doctors made sure to write down COVID as the cause of death to stick it to him one last time.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No way, a nostalgia post based on something that isn't new news?

I accept whatever punishment the mods believe is fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the doctors made sure to write down COVID as the cause of death to stick it to him one last time.
    He hasn't tweeted since Oct 27, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not real. but people believed it. including hater. who said it was an alpha move by trump
    please bump that, I remember like it was yesterday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Biden is a muh unity pushover who will be in bed at sundown every day and get shoved around legislatively by Manchin, McConnell, Linsthay, etc.

At least Harris has blood running through her veins and shown a backbone occasionally.

I'm ready for some muther in' payback over a weak public option and an 8 year path to citizenship for Mexicans that don't vote.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Because Biden is a muh unity pushover who will be in bed at sundown every day and get shoved around legislatively by Manchin, McConnell, Linsthay, etc.

At least Harris has blood running through her veins and shown a backbone occasionally.

I'm ready for some muther in' payback over a weak public option and an 8 year path to citizenship for Mexicans that don't vote.
    Nothing Harris can do that Biden can’t do it Manchin refuses to nuke the filibuster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the day the people who hated Trump the most start recognizing what a tremendous bunch of pussies Dems are, in 6 months will be wishing Clyburn didn't rig the primary because "anybody could have beaten Trump".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Harris has neocon blood tho

May GOD guard old Joe for the next 4 years because if neocon Kopmala b3comes POTUS.... may the lord help us. She is a shillary wannabe

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looking good Mitch.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing Harris can do that Biden can’t do it Manchin refuses to nuke the filibuster.
    Manchin will go reverse arlen specter to try to save his seat tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've been doing it Biden's way since Bill and very little to show for it. I'm open to any different approach that treats the other side as untrustworthy at best and traitorous at worst. Biden is doomed. He will get the 6 months grace period and get a couple stupid things passed and then he is doomed.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    keep dreaming, that’s never going to happen.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    We've been doing it Biden's way since Bill and very little to show for it. I'm open to any different approach that treats the other side as untrustworthy at best and traitorous at worst. Biden is doomed. He will get the 6 months grace period and get a couple stupid things passed and then he is doomed.
    I get that but if he’s doomed then Harris is too. They won’t be able to get anything except for a few huge budget reconciliation bills through the senate unless they nuke the filibuster, and there’s nothing about Harris that makes her uniquely qualified to do it.

Its a shame because Schumer seems to have a lot more balls than Reid did. If he had 2-3 more senators he’d definitely be nuking the filibuster and cramming legislation down McConnell’s throat.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is arlen sphincter still alive?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to do something about 1 senator kills anything shtick.

That asshole Hawley already blocked one of Biden's picks for fast confirmation yesterday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris has neocon blood tho

May GOD guard old Joe for the next 4 years because if neocon Kopmala b3comes POTUS.... may the lord help us. She is a shillary wannabe
    Ok Qhater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that but if he’s doomed then Harris is too. They won’t be able to get anything except for a few huge budget reconciliation bills through the senate unless they nuke the filibuster, and there’s nothing about Harris that makes her uniquely qualified to do it.

Its a shame because Schumer seems to have a lot more balls than Reid did. If he had 2-3 more senators he’d definitely be nuking the filibuster and cramming legislation down McConnell’s throat.
    I think you underestimate how much some of the snowflake Senators can be intimidated by overwhelming use of force and treating politics as bloodsport. If the President is harping everyday on the Senate and filibusters and bring the temperature to a serious boil, then they can bribe a Murkowski to caucus and whip to abolish the filibuster. Imagine Sleepy Joe ever approving that approach, much less leading it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the day the people who hated Trump the most start recognizing what a tremendous bunch of pussies Dems are, in 6 months will be wishing Clyburn didn't rig the primary because "anybody could have beaten Trump".
    I'll never regret Biden being the candidate because nobody knows what would have happened with any other candidate. It was still an insanely close race with record voter turnout.

What the DNC should regret is all of the money they spent on polling instead of canvasing. That cost them Senate and House seats as well as state legislatures. Biden might be a wasted opportunity if the Dems had, say, 55 Senate seats, but unfortunately that's not where we're at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems should have been spending the last two weeks using the Capitol insurrection as a case study on why DC should be a state. Unfortunately, they don't have the Republican instinct for immediately exploiting tragedy to pass an agenda.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kamala was probably super smashable in her younger days

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not remotely.

Biden was the guy for this. Primaries showed that in spades.

He got moderates to vote for him in droves. primaries being rigged far left/rightwing nonsense.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I think you underestimate how much some of the snowflake Senators can be intimidated by overwhelming use of force and treating politics as bloodsport. If the President is harping everyday on the Senate and filibusters and bring the temperature to a serious boil, then they can bribe a Murkowski to caucus and whip to abolish the filibuster. Imagine Sleepy Joe ever approving that approach, much less leading it.
    Neither Murkowski nor Manchin are weak willed senators who can be bent (other Dems like Feinstein and Sinema can absolutely be bent thoug). They’re two old timers who take pride in the senate being a bureaucratic cesspool with stupid rules like the filibuster that prevent anything productive from getting done.

Theres a higher chance of Manchin changing his mind on the filibuster than there is Murkowski agreeing to change sides and also kill the filibuster imo. If Cocaine Mitch blocks everything, I think Manchin can be convinced that nuking the filibuster to get stuff done is the best political option to avoid a midterm s acking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither Murkowski nor Manchin are weak willed senators who can be bent (other Dems like Feinstein and Sinema can absolutely be bent thoug). They’re two old timers who take pride in the senate being a bureaucratic cesspool with stupid rules like the filibuster that prevent anything productive from getting done.

Theres a higher chance of Manchin changing his mind on the filibuster than there is Murkowski agreeing to change sides and also kill the filibuster imo. If Cocaine Mitch blocks everything, I think Manchin can be convinced that nuking the filibuster to get stuff done is the best political option to avoid a midterm s acking.
    You sound like a neoliberal DNC insider, always predicting what is "practical" with the lowest of aims. If Repugs behaved like this Biden would be converting another SC seat right now for a 5-4 majority.

If nuking the filibuster for lifetime appointments on the highest court of the land is ok, it is certainly ok for legislation the other party can repeal once taking back power. Drill that point home through everyone's tiny ing skulls and nuke it immediately. Biden would never do that. Harris might.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Thread Information