Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luckily for us the guy we would select at 15 would be a big, and would already be a more modern nba player than LMA is right now...

The good part about having an absolutely trash player is that you don't have to invest very much in replacing him and making your team better...
    All Aldridge needed to do was put a body on Wiseman. He made awful reads, letting himself get distracted by the guard attacking the basket, only to see the ball get passed to Wiseman for him to get butt ed from behind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually said Vassell should start before the season even started, so it’s not like I’m disagreeing. It’s just that Pop has to run plays for Lonnie and get him the ball, especially when he runs with the 2nd unit. I just don’t see it happening though
    Pop should really take notice. Lonnie was great without Demar and need to get Lonnie stay aggressive. And Vassell, the kid has shown composure and great great length defense. Murray/Vassell defense on backcourt would be crazy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All Aldridge needed to do was put a body on Wiseman. He made awful reads, letting himself get distracted by the guard attacking the basket, only to see the ball get passed to Wiseman for him to get butt ed from behind.
    Exactly. I don't know why he's helping when he can't even block the upcoming layup. Just boxout his guy, and let Vassell and DJ catch his guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest test of the season. Bigger than the Laker games. The Warriors do what the Spurs are trying to do and are more experienced at it. I honestly think it's a loss just because I think Curry is an insane player who runs circles around everybody.
    Knew this would be a loss. Warriors are accustomed to our style of play, and their experience playing that ball movement game led by Dray and Curry was just too much for our guys to handle. They're too sharp.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he made the same mistakes on defense that he makes ever game. Cause that it the type of player he is. To point out what LMA did wrong in this game is to point out what he does wrong in like 80% of the games he plays...pretty much every game that is not against portland or whatever team steven adams plays for

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has Lonnie starting, there’s no greater vote of confidence! If he blows it that’s on him!! Got to grow the up and be a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie's got Luka's beta personality. There, I said it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knew this would be a loss. Warriors are accustomed to our style of play, and their experience playing that ball movement game led by Dray and Curry was just too much for our guys to handle. They're too sharp.
    The thing is, Spurs also know how Warriors play. They practiced so hard in the playoffs to switch on Curry and have the bigs stand with hands raised high.
    Spurs are just terrible at protecting the 3's this year. We've seen it with against Lakers with open 3's, against Jazz open 3's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, Spurs also know how Warriors play. They practiced so hard in the playoffs to switch on Curry and have the bigs stand with hands raised high.
    Spurs are just terrible at protecting the 3's this year. We've seen it with against Lakers with open 3's, against Jazz open 3's.
    Meh I don't think 3s were the issue tonight than it was the easy looks they got at the rim when someone penetrated. On other nights, sure. I felt I saw a lot of those 3s by the Warriors were contested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't even a guard most of the time, but Draymond lobbing to him off the short roll when LaMarcus would over commit to his drives.

As if Draymond is even an offensive threat anymore. He is the weak link and should been ignored or had his man (Keldon or DeMar) roaming/helping on Curry/Wiseman.

The defensive strategy was complete , tonight. Hopefully Pop adjusts next time and doesn't show Draymond nearly as much respect (even if he's making shots).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any athletic big could have feasted tonight against the Spurs. I don't think anything what Wiseman did tonight was special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge's consistently low minutes per game and benching gives me hope. Hoping he fades into obscurity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie's got Luka's beta personality. There, I said it.
    You gotta explain what this means. I agree that Lonnie doesn't have that "dog" in him like DeJounte or Keldon, but neither did Derrick prior to the bubble last season. When he - all of a sudden - got over his bouts of passivity and played like he knew he is a NBA - level player.

Clearly, Lonnie is still finding himself and being 3rd, 4th or 5th on the pecking order along with his wavering confidence and bouts of passivity make it frustrating to watch. We still gotta give him time, though, because if he totally clicks the tools are there for him to be a 18 - 20 PPG scorer.

His defense being suspect at times and wavering in quality from game to game is a lot more concerning, IMO. He needs to get better at that end or it'll cost him time or minutes at the end of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta explain what this means. I agree that Lonnie doesn't have that "dog" in him like DeJounte or Keldon, but neither did Derrick prior to the bubble last season. When he - all of a sudden - got over his bouts of passivity and played like he knew he is a NBA - level player.

Clearly, Lonnie is still finding himself and being 3rd, 4th or 5th on the pecking order along with his wavering confidence and bouts of passivity make it frustrating to watch. We still gotta give him time, though, because if he totally clicks the tools are there for him to be a 18 - 20 PPG scorer.

His defense being suspect at times and wavering in quality from game to game is a lot more concerning, IMO. He needs to get better at that end or it'll cost him time or minutes at the end of games.
    It's a frustrating night that's making me say some I don't mean. I know Lonnie can be a good scorer. I just don't understand how you can back out of the moment when you've tasted it like he has. Saying it's because of DeMar is BS also, because he's acknowledged when he's played passive and "how he wants to change that" phrase he conveniently says whenever he has a good game. He's just prone to be the "nice guy" again every 3 games or so. I'm not sure it's just another White situation, since White's bball IQ compensates for a lot of his deficiencies as an aggressor. Even when White is playing passive, he's playing good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah basically DWhite & Vassell have amazing basketball instincts/IQ
    DJ and Keldon have a compe ive fire in them
    Lonnie if he isn’t scoring just looks lost imo I still think he could be special but he’s gotta be more consistent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Someone's GOT to use this pic of Vassell and photoshop it... C'mon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a frustrating night that's making me say some I don't mean. I know Lonnie can be a good scorer. I just don't understand how you can back out of the moment when you've tasted it like he has. Saying it's because of DeMar is BS also, because he's acknowledged when he's played passive and "how he wants to change that" phrase he conveniently says whenever he has a good game. He's just prone to be the "nice guy" again every 3 games or so. I'm not sure it's just another White situation, since White's bball IQ compensates for a lot of his deficiencies as an aggressor. Even when White is playing passive, he's playing good.
    True, agreed on all points but (even though he was a late bloomer) Derrick came in a 4 - year college player and more NBA ready than Lonnie. Lonnie wasn't considered a "project" in the truest sense of the word (like DeJounte and Luka), but he had a lot of holes in his game that led to him falling to us (as well as the knee issue).

And I do think the excuses will have to go away eventually, but he's playing in the starting lineup with two ball - dominant veterans and two other youngsters that also need touches.

He just needs to learn when to pick his spots better and to remain in attack mode/aggressive throughout games. Deferring and passing up good looks for low - percentage or contested shots isn't helping anyone.

And his issues with finishing inside are starting to creep up, again. Not sure how he can improve there but he needs to become a much, much better finisher. It is disappointing how many points he leaves on the court missing from close range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, agreed on all points but (even though he was a late bloomer) Derrick came in a 4 - year college player and more NBA ready than Lonnie. Lonnie wasn't considered a "project" in the truest sense of the word (like DeJounte and Luka), but he had a lot of holes in his game that led to him falling to us (as well as the knee issue).

And I do think the excuses will have to go away eventually, but he's playing in the starting lineup with two ball - dominant veterans and two other youngsters that also need touches.

He just needs to learn when to pick his spots better and to remain in attack mode/aggressive throughout games. Deferring and passing up good looks for low - percentage or contested shots isn't helping anyone.

And his issues with finishing inside are starting to creep up, again. Not sure how he can improve there but he needs to become a much, much better finisher. It is disappointing how many points he leaves on the court missing from close range.
    I'm aware of who he plays with

But you can't tell me it's their fault when Lonnie gets passed the ball, dribbles three times, meets LITTLE resistance, proceeds to pick up the ball and passes it to someone else. I can count at least three instances he did that tonight. No one is telling you to pass the ball back. You earned clout two games ago by scoring 30 pts. Size your ing man up and attack the basket. It's all Keldon does right now and he's playing with the same players Lonnie is. He's been terrible at it too but he keeps doing it anyway. There's nothing stopping Lonnie but Lonnie. I honestly think it's because he's not confident in his ball handling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they're getting Lyles started. I'm okay with it. Luka is a project that really couldn't help this year. I can't believe I'm saying it, but Lyles has more value at this time.
    Ur only saying that because we don't see Luka at all...and when we do it's for short stints...remember when y'all used to say the same thing about White until he got consistent playing time when ppl got injured and y'all saw he was actually good? We have no idea how good Luka can be because he doesn't play...so all we can do is judge him based on the 2 times a year he gets in the game for 5 minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched the game on delay due to work, going to give my thoughts FWIW.

- Cool Hand Luke (Lonnie)

Is the injured left hand/thumb causing Lonnie issues? We better hope so as the kid has had a tough 3 game stretch, looks lost out there, second guessing himself, passive etc. I’m genuinely concerned.

- Vertical Spacing/ Dunkers spot

Are the Spurs the worst team in this modern era of defending elite athletic bigs at the rim? I mean seriously, give up a mid range two, a contested floater or 3 - you just can’t continually get abused on that play.

- DDR slumping since hiatus. 3 games of the 4 DDR has played since returning from visiting his ill father have been the worst stretch of ball he’s played this year. Wishing him well through an undeniably tough period.

On to the next one.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck hoping for that. They're not bad enough to be a team that will get a top 10 pick, and you know it. Not even after tonight. The team's floor is a 15th pick. They're not going to be a bottom 10 team.
    I don't know, bro. There is so much inconsistency.

I wouldn't be so agitated with the loss if some combo of Keldon/Lonnie/Vassell had balled out, but we waste a ton of time and shots not getting them opportunities and right now that's who I tune in for. If they are not going to ball out, I need to be able to draft someone who will.

It's funny, but I didn't mention DJ because his 18-20 and some boards and some assists are old hat to me now, which is good. One less thing to about lol

Overall, we absolutely do not need to be a non-contending playoff team. We need to either get more out of these young guys so that we are actually formidable, or actually lose enough to get better that way. Middling is a no-no.

In any case, Vassals and Keldon need to shoot more. They can't subject me to Demarr/Patty/LA ball AND lose on top of that boredom. It ain't right.

Run plays for Keldon and Vassell or tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you look at the fluctuations in the data over time, that's clearly not a linear trend. It goes up first, then down. It's more curvilinear.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    three pointers:

Lonnie has made 2 of his last 13

Keldon has made 4 of his last 17

Derozan has made 2 of his last 14 (after that one game where he hit 3)

Dejounte has made 4 of his last 20

Aldridge has made 4 of his last 20

Vassell has made 4 of his last 19

Patty has made 14 of his last 50
    At this point Poeltl should start shooting 3s. It can't get worse

Thread Information