Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2021 class is loaded with talent and the team could conceivably find a wing/combo forward that could be a huge difference maker in the late lottery. It is also guard/wing heavy, so the other lottery teams could pass up bigs for guard & wing talent.

Evan Mobley is the dream, obviously, but he'll probably be going top 4 and the Spurs will likely not land a pick that high.

Well, that game was a stinker, the Spurs need to forget it which sucks coming off that solid win against Portland. Oh well, on to the Mavericks on Friday.
    I'm not so sure about Mobley. To be clear: He has nice skills, but - I don't know - everytime I see him play I'm not fully convinced. He is very, very raw, thin and I really don't like his effort and body language so far. At the moment I would prefer guys like Greg Brown or Kai Jones. Brown is expected to be in the mid/late lottery, Jones probably in the late first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know, bro. There is so much inconsistency.

I wouldn't be so agitated with the loss if some combo of Keldon/Lonnie/Vassell had balled out, but we waste a ton of time and shots not getting them opportunities and right now that's who I tune in for. If they are not going to ball out, I need to be able to draft someone who will.

It's funny, but I didn't mention DJ because his 18-20 and some boards and some assists are old hat to me now, which is good. One less thing to about lol

Overall, we absolutely do not need to be a non-contending playoff team. We need to either get more out of these young guys so that we are actually formidable, or actually lose enough to get better that way. Middling is a no-no.

In any case, Vassals and Keldon need to shoot more. They can't subject me to Demarr/Patty/LA ball AND lose on top of that boredom. It ain't right.

Run plays for Keldon and Vassell or tank.
    I'm not arguing the merits of how useful a high draft pick would be.

I'm mainly looking at things with a realistic perspective.

As you said, the team is inconsistent. By definition, that means on some nights they are good and some nights they are bad. And that's exactly what I'm alluding to... We know enough about the team to say that it's at worst the 15th best team in the league/ or a .500 team at its least.

We know enough about the players and coach won't suddenly change their compe ive nature and suddenly do things to signal a tank. 15 games in, we almost know what we have outside of what White will bring. We know at this point the team isn't going to be consistently bad-- they just won't be.

To hope this team will now tank is asinine and all but a dream. It's a waste of time.

Your only hope now is having one or two additional key players get injured.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-21-2021 at 06:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is just a loser, but he sure worked hard to evolve your game, Aldridge is just a waste of talent.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is just a loser, but he sure worked hard to evolve your game, Aldridge is just a waste of talent.

Max Kellerman said it best 5 years ago. He's just not a guy that can help you win a le.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA must have been told by the team that he was probably heading to the Dubs prior to Klay's injury. That must low key be bothering him.
    No...he WANTS to leave...he is just pouting that he still has to be here...similar to Harden in Houston
    This is why we should have traded him in 2017, the first time he asked for one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Spurms. I finally defend these asshats and they lay a ing egg. Smh. Also LMA and DDR are losers, always have been and always will be. Idgaf what any stats say, the Spurs will never win with those clowns leading this team. The only thing they're doing right now is holding the young guys back from developing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Spurms. I finally defend these asshats and they lay a ing egg. Smh. Also LMA and DDR are losers, always have been and always will be. Idgaf what any stats say, the Spurs will never win with those clowns leading this team. The only thing they're doing right now is holding the young guys back from developing.
    Go back to hating on the Spurs and we'll start winning again. Do your ing job, RD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go back to hating on the Spurs and we'll start winning again. Do your ing job, RD.
    Sigh. The ol reverse jinx ey?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game is bound to be a blast, tbh. Golden State is a really fun team to watch this season, as are the Spurs, both teams with their mix of stars (or quasi-stars in our case ) and young guys that are improving on the go. I'll predict the Spurs to win by about 7 points.

Things to look forward to:

- Can the Spurs contain Steph? He'll probably be mainly guarded by Dejounte, but I don't like DJ in this matchup, since he's much better at playing passing lanes or disrupting offenses than he is chasing someone like Steph through screens and around the court. This would be an EXCELLENT time to really throw Vassell into the fire - he's great at slipping through screens and has the speed that is required to keep up with Curry. We'll see what Pop does.

- A real test for Keldon. He'll probably be matched up against Draymond tonight, and Green, while a s of himself on offense, is still a very productive and savvy defensive presence, and he'll give Keldon trouble. Can our star-in-the-making power (and finesse) through the challenge and score at will? Or will he be looking at a 2-7 FG outing?

- Wiseman. He's young, raw, and god damned good. He'll be trouble for LMA, for sure, and also a problem for our guards on defense with his length and athleticism. He's also a good rebounder, so the Spurs will have to rely on another beasting night from Poeltl if they want to win the battle on the glass. Knowing GS, long rebounds instead of short ones at the rim will be key; the Spurs haven't shown much proficiency in learning to capitalize on these long rebounds so far, so I'm not too hopeful on this end. We'll see.

Lastly, I want to rant a little: this game starts way too late! Bill will laugh at me, I know he has it worse, but seriously, it'll be 12PM where I live (and tipoff is never on time, either). Folks gotta sleep, SMH. Go Spurs Go!
    Welp. I got my answers, and they weren't pretty...

Bad game to have watched at my gf's, who I've been promising a good Spurs game for a while now. Chucky Mills shat the bed too, smh.

Spurs couldn't contain Steph whatsoever. Much of that is just on Steph being a godly player, but our defensive schemes were awful (as they've mostly been so far). Many people have said it already, but the attention given to Draymond on defense is wasted, whilst leaving shooters open and rotating slowly/badly held the Spurs from ever stopping the Warriors for enough time to get back into the game. Most of the game, we were simply trading buckets with them while down 20. Not a winning strategy.

Keldon didn't go 2-7... He went 2-12 . I was expecting that kind of performance, somewhat, but he still had an awful game. He wasn't on offensively, and isn't good enough on D yet (especially help D) to make up for it when he can't get going. I thought he was especially timid until the game was already over, which is weird for him but understandable considering Draymond was checking him. By the by, Draymond's definitely staying with GSW, in case it wasn't already obvious. Guy is the perfect mentor for Wiseman, and they look to already have a great chemistry together both on and off-the-court.

Speaking of Wiseman... He was trouble for LMA. Too much so. LMA is just... Painful to watch at this point. I still can't believe Klay had to tear his god damned ACL the very same day that the draft was to be held, and the rumors were in full swing about a GS-Spurs trade being all but certain. Looks like a damn joke in retrospect - how could the Warriors have even considered getting this LMA? Lol. Anyways, he was killing us, and I agree with my guy Dejounte that what he was doing wasn't anything special to his game. We're gonna get pummeled by any half-decent starting big if this is the level of play we'll be getting from LMA night-in, night-out - and our interior defense collapsing spells trouble for the rest of the team, since they begin having to rotate and make reads on the fly, which most of the Spurs aren't good with. Recipe for disaster.

At this point, I'm hoping for a good few games from Mills, to ship him off wherever possible. Him being gone would open up that perfect bench SG spot for Lonnie to get some much-needed reps, touches, and to gain some confidence back. He's playing like a parody of himself, it's crazy to see. Once again, I can't help but wonder, does Pop really sit with him in film room and not tell him to pass out of every single drive? It can't be something that's missed, since it's painstakingly obvious, and can't be something that's so hard to fix that it's still happening this late (and this bad) into the season. Just unexplicable. Pop has to sit Lonnie and scream at him to not pass the ball whatsoever after a drive if he's already jumped to the rim, but I'm beginning to think that he likes to make Lonnie a "distributor". Maybe posters here are right, and he's already "ruined" Lonnie beyond repair...

Anyways, burn the tape kind of game. Can't win in 2021 making only 3 threes as a team. I doubt we'll shoot that badly again (crossing my fingers lol), but there were also systemic problems that have been plaguing the team the entire season, and the Warriors exposed last night. The team needs to get better, tbh, even if they end up failing to make the playoffs. Lack of effort should be inexcusable, no matter the game result.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point Poeltl should start shooting 3s. It can't get worse

What's going on with Keldon 3pts shooting last few games? Most of it are not even close.. It wasn't like that beginning of the season. Same Jacob's FT'S, all of a sudden he looks so nervous shooting ft's. Maybe Chip tweaking their shooting form?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks managed to build the best defense in the league without any of his lottery picks being the basis for that, extremely agile and aggressive defensively and with an underrated point forward that can do a little bit of everything out there, the start of SVG work is much better than expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie doesn't even bother Curry
    Pop did not care about game mind was in dc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks just beat the breaks off the Warriors tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T

Lastly, I want to rant a little: this game starts way too late! Bill will laugh at me, I know he has it worse, but seriously, it'll be 12PM where I live (and tipoff is never on time, either). Folks gotta sleep, SMH. Go Spurs Go!
    No laughing bro we're all in this together. The only thing this 5 AM games (for me) do is piss me off when the Spurs mail it in.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks managed to build the best defense in the league without any of his lottery picks being the basis for that, extremely agile and aggressive defensively and with an underrated point forward that can do a little bit of everything out there, the start of SVG work is much better than expected.
    SVG is in NOLA.
    But yeah, Thibs made them look like an actual NBA team. Good coaches get the best out of limited players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SVG is in NOLA.
    But yeah, Thibs made them look like an actual NBA team. Good coaches get the best out of limited players.
    lol yep, my bad

Thread Information