Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrapping up inauguration day the HC and his good guys should be brightly motivated to beat a well rested Warriors team (1 game played in last 5 days).

• Curry has had a solid two game stretch of 30ppg but has been streaky at the 3 - 29% over last four games.
    • Their second best player is the oft-forgotten Andre Wiggins who's been very steady offensively - 11 straight games of at least 15 pts, and close to 40% from 3 in last 7 gms.
    • Draymond Green has turned into a squarely defensive presence and a good assist man - 9 asst pg over last 4, and a paltry 4ppg for the season

Outside of them just a hodgepodge of young guys and cast-offs.

Starting SG Oubre and backup PF Paschall went off in the last game win over LA. They've both been consistent double digit scorers for the year.

I like our young defenders - Murray, Johnson, Vassell, chances in holding down Curry and Wiggins from great shooting nights.

If the Spurs hit their 3s to the tune of 10 or more, this should be a win, and coupled with a Phoenix loss at Houston, get the Spurs to the 4th seed in the West.

GS Starters:
    PG Curry - 28 ppg
    SG Oubre - 12 ppg
    SF Wiggins - 17 ppg
    PF Green - 5 Reb, 6 asst pg
    C Wiseman - 10 ppg, 20 mpg

6th man
    Paschal - 12 ppg in only 19 mpg

Warriors 5-3 in last 8 games after starting out 2-3 (played first 4 gms without Green)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    must watch game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game is bound to be a blast, tbh. Golden State is a really fun team to watch this season, as are the Spurs, both teams with their mix of stars (or quasi-stars in our case ) and young guys that are improving on the go. I'll predict the Spurs to win by about 7 points.

Things to look forward to:

- Can the Spurs contain Steph? He'll probably be mainly guarded by Dejounte, but I don't like DJ in this matchup, since he's much better at playing passing lanes or disrupting offenses than he is chasing someone like Steph through screens and around the court. This would be an EXCELLENT time to really throw Vassell into the fire - he's great at slipping through screens and has the speed that is required to keep up with Curry. We'll see what Pop does.

- A real test for Keldon. He'll probably be matched up against Draymond tonight, and Green, while a s of himself on offense, is still a very productive and savvy defensive presence, and he'll give Keldon trouble. Can our star-in-the-making power (and finesse) through the challenge and score at will? Or will he be looking at a 2-7 FG outing?

- Wiseman. He's young, raw, and god damned good. He'll be trouble for LMA, for sure, and also a problem for our guards on defense with his length and athleticism. He's also a good rebounder, so the Spurs will have to rely on another beasting night from Poeltl if they want to win the battle on the glass. Knowing GS, long rebounds instead of short ones at the rim will be key; the Spurs haven't shown much proficiency in learning to capitalize on these long rebounds so far, so I'm not too hopeful on this end. We'll see.

Lastly, I want to rant a little: this game starts way too late! Bill will laugh at me, I know he has it worse, but seriously, it'll be 12PM where I live (and tipoff is never on time, either). Folks gotta sleep, SMH. Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the game times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest test of the season. Bigger than the Laker games. The Warriors do what the Spurs are trying to do and are more experienced at it. I honestly think it's a loss just because I think Curry is an insane player who runs circles around everybody.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mods,
    Pleas update thread le time -- 3am Riga Time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Wiggins have the game of his life tonight lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From what little I have seen of the Warriors this season, their Home Court theatrics (sans fans) is truly remarkable.
    They clearly spent a ton of $ on a pseudo fan experience from a technological perspective.

Should be a fun game. Go Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like our long guards slowing down Curry. But Lonnie needs to be careful as Curry is the master of foul baiting on 3. Our guy defending the screener needs to get those hands up and contest those 3's.
    I like our chances if Aldridge/Poeltl can control the rebounds. Spurs by 8.

GSG!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Wiggins have the game of his life tonight lol
    Nah, it'll be Oubre going 6-8 behind the arc.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors have a lot of scrubs and we are the master of letting scrubs go off

Draymond Green 6 - 7 from 3 game incoming...

If LMA doesn't score in the post in this game then it is really over for him cause they don't have one person who can physically stop him turning over his right shoulder and bulldozing to the rim

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to seeing Keldon vs Draymond. I think that's going to be a fun match up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good timing. Their expected W-L is 2 games worse than their actual record. This is a thoroughly mediocre or worse team that's benefitted from clutch time variance and it's due to change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From what little I have seen of the Warriors this season, their Home Court theatrics (sans fans) is truly remarkable.
    They clearly spent a ton of $ on a pseudo fan experience from a technological perspective.

That 2007 team was pretty awesome.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That jumbotron looks like a container of ice cream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be asleep by the time this kicks off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be asleep by the time this kicks off.
    ing boomer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs won the 'ship in '07 when they used this color scheme so I'm ok with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see some Devin on Steph tonight, he's a great off ball defender and it be great to see how he does guarding him off the ball running around all those screens.

This would be a big win for the Spurs, GS is playing well. LA needs to come to play tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs beat the Nets in their debut of Kyrie/KD/Harden in double OT....

Maybe they aren't all bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors don't have a bench, so as long as our starters hang with theirs, our bench should get us the lead everytime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone got a link for this game? Thanks in advance.

Thread Information