Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How quickly the board forgets we were 0-3 without him. When he's on, this team is one of the best in the League as they've demonstrated with wins at LAC and LAL.

I don't know why he has these games except that he used to go down on the block when his jumper was off and get himself to the FT line and get himself going. Now, for whatever reasons (deference to others, game plan,etc), he no longer does so. Which is how he goes 2-8 with 4 pts.

To me it's evidence that he needs to be more involved, not less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How quickly the board forgets we were 0-3 without him. When he's on, this team is one of the best in the League as they've demonstrated with wins at LAC and LAL.

I don't know why he has these games except that he used to go down on the block when his jumper was off and get himself to the FT line and get himself going. Now, for whatever reasons (deference to others, game plan,etc), he no longer does so. Which is how he goes 2-8 with 4 pts.

Spurs one of the best in the league? You are dreaming. LMA is dogsh!t. The only reason we are 0-3 without him is because him and Jakob are our only (marginally) serviceable bigs. When the argument for LMA is that Aldridge is > Eubanks and Lyles time to rethink your strategy PATFO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The things Kerr said yesterday and the way he kept name-dropping the Spurs and kept going back to how Klay's injury made them "reassess" their options make it seem like the injury killed the deal altogether. The one thing that wasn't mentioned was if Wiggins or our 1st pick was also involved in the potential deal but it was heavily implied that we would've acquired Wiseman while they took Aldridge. I mean, there's nothing they can do about it now but we can't say PATFO didn't try to make something happen. It was just some ty luck that, might have hurt us more than it's hurt the Dubs.
    It clearly hurt us more than them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Giannis’ early signing the extension played a part also. I’m just speculating. I mean Aldridge’s expiring contract, unloading Wiggins could be enough to lure Giannis to play with Curry/Klay/Green. But Giannis signing, Thompson’s injury torpedoed that chance.
    That's also a good point. Just bad luck all around for the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday on the local Dubs station. I would post an archive of the interview but it's not available unfortunately. I was listening to it on my way home from work.
    Maybe I'll look to see if I can find something this weekend if I get time. I would like to listen to it myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

solid trolling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Giannis’ early signing the extension played a part also. I’m just speculating. I mean Aldridge’s expiring contract, unloading Wiggins could be enough to lure Giannis to play with Curry/Klay/Green. But Giannis signing, Thompson’s injury torpedoed that chance.
    Pipedream. They have ~100mm locked up in those three and no assets to attach in a sign and trade outside of draft capital. Draymond would have to be moved for the scenario to play out. I truly doubt the Warriors were dumb enough to take LMA on and in hindsight was the right move. Wiggins is playing decent ball this year and Wisemen looks legit. Also Pop would never fleece his dear buddy Steve Kerr. It’s not “Spurs culture”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's too short term in thinking. We still need a replacement for LMA and the draft might be where we decide to go for that route. But it does beg the question, how much do the Spurs care about draft picks going forward? We need to play some vets if we want to win. I can't think of a contender that really doesn't have an all star vet on it. Youth is good, but too much youth is equally as dangerous. There needs to be that balance, but I have no idea what to do with this roster going forward into next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're just gonna ride them till the end of the season because no one will give anything for them. Hopefully next season will be a tanking season to end our stupid pursue of the 7th-8th seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're just gonna ride them till the end of the season because no one will give anything for them. Hopefully next season will be a tanking season to end our stupid pursue of the 7th-8th seed.

The way I figure it, the Spurs probably would finish as the 9th or 10th seed if they stay put. I think Aldridge stays because teams probably aren't willing to trade for Aldridge but DeRozan, Gay and Mills are still viable as trade options. I still think Mills and Gay get moved, possibly together, in a move that nets them a first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's too short term in thinking. We still need a replacement for LMA and the draft might be where we decide to go for that route. But it does beg the question, how much do the Spurs care about draft picks going forward? We need to play some vets if we want to win. I can't think of a contender that really doesn't have an all star vet on it. Youth is good, but too much youth is equally as dangerous. There needs to be that balance, but I have no idea what to do with this roster going forward into next year.
    The Spurs have always been pretty conservative in terms of trading away draft picks, and now that not only the long-term, but also short-term future is a question mark, I can't imagine they'll be too free-willing in regards to trades that involve shipping out their picks. At most, I see them attaching a second as a way to sweeten some kind of deal, perhaps something like Gay and a second for whatever prospect at the deadline.

In terms of the vet-younging balance, tbh, I think they've done a pretty solid job this season. Everyone's freaking out over the GSW loss (not that I'm happy myself), but it's still a learning experience for the young players, and exactly the way most of us saw this season going: the team won't be good enough to make the PO's, we'll get a late lottery pick, and get rid of some bad contracts in the off-season. Whatever we do with that cap space, I don't know, but I'd say things are going quite well so far. If only the core played more consistently...

The only hope for next season is that the cap space isn't wasted on more useless vets. There's good vets, and bad vets, and our team is full of the latter, IMO. We should be able with that money to command older players that can both be teachers to our young players, and also actually contribute to good team ball and wins, instead of calling their own shot every time they're on the floor, á la Chucky Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is the Spurs are obviously not tanking. They are trying to compete for a playoff spot, and the area of need is the exact position Aldridge plays. How are you going to trade Aldridge to a team and get back a better option that makes the team better? In that sense, OP is right, in that if the Spurs expect to trade him and get a better asset they will have to include a pick or some other asset. But it makes zero sense for the Spurs to do that, unless you are getting markedly better and I don't think that trade is out there. At this pinot, the Spurs are likely to play out the season and hope that he plays at a relatively usable level in order to make it into the playoffs. Its likely that Lamarcus is still better than what he's shown in the past couple of games, but I do think he's probably washed at this point. The defense is better with Poetl in there, but its not like Poetl makes it easy for them to trade LMA. He's got issues of his own including his inability to not foul.

Spurs are ed right now in the front court and are best off just waiting for the offseason to try to fix that. I don't think there is a reasonable trade to be had that makes you a better team for just LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have always been pretty conservative in terms of trading away draft picks, and now that not only the long-term, but also short-term future is a question mark, I can't imagine they'll be too free-willing in regards to trades that involve shipping out their picks. At most, I see them attaching a second as a way to sweeten some kind of deal, perhaps something like Gay and a second for whatever prospect at the deadline.

In terms of the vet-younging balance, tbh, I think they've done a pretty solid job this season. Everyone's freaking out over the GSW loss (not that I'm happy myself), but it's still a learning experience for the young players, and exactly the way most of us saw this season going: the team won't be good enough to make the PO's, we'll get a late lottery pick, and get rid of some bad contracts in the off-season. Whatever we do with that cap space, I don't know, but I'd say things are going quite well so far. If only the core played more consistently...

The only hope for next season is that the cap space isn't wasted on more useless vets. There's good vets, and bad vets, and our team is full of the latter, IMO. We should be able with that money to command older players that can both be teachers to our young players, and also actually contribute to good team ball and wins, instead of calling their own shot every time they're on the floor, á la Chucky Mills.
    It's interesting how Pop has coached this team. We have nothing but chuckers as Vets on our team and yet everyone is eating. It's not really returning to the beautiful game and ball movement centric either. We just increased our pace an absurd amount and have gotten 5 more shots per game than last year. It's definitely a way to solve issues as far as playing a buncha chuckers. But what about when White comes back...

Also I like the combination this year, but I haven't rally looked into next year FAs and who we can get. I think letting go of Gay,LMA, and Patty would be beneficial for us going forward. I'm pretty pleased with Demar and wouldn't mind re-signing him. I hope we lose Lyles as well and hit on another gem in the draft while signing good FA. Not much to ask for

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    LMA is trash but a large expiring contract has value in itself, Spurs would not need nor should they attach anything to dump LMA at the deadline. Hopefully Boston gets desperate and Spurs just trade him as I think they might have a trade exception large enough to absorb his contract without sending anything else back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    attaching a draft pick to an expiring contract is like paying your landlord extra and saying keep the change

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is trash but a large expiring contract has value in itself, Spurs would not need nor should they attach anything to dump LMA at the deadline. Hopefully Boston gets desperate and Spurs just trade him as I think they might have a trade exception large enough to absorb his contract without sending anything else back
    Why would we trade him for solely a TPE we won’t ever use? Cap space isn’t an issue for us. Getting nothing in return isn’t exactly consistent with this teams goal of competing for the 8th seed.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Why would we trade him for solely a TPE we won’t ever use? Cap space isn’t an issue for us. Getting nothing in return isn’t exactly consistent with this teams goal of competing for the 8th seed.
    To dump LMA tbh. addition by subtraction. he is clearly a hinderance to the team. i'd rather start Turtle and give the backup minutes to Gay/Eubanks or find a euro off the scrap heap than keep watch LMA chuck soft jumpers while doing absolutely nothing else for 30 minutes a night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have traded a year ago but this FO has failed miserably.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, but only because he's expiring. The ship has obviously sailed on being able to command so much as a middling return though. Since they won't receive anything worthwhile, unless he requests a trade intertia will win out.

I still think he can be useful into his late 30s in the right context (better shape, not going 9 months between games, further removed from shoulder surgery, contender or pseudo one, etc.), but he'll probably retire in short order.

It's difficult to find a sensible fit going forward and even then, he'd probably have to accept Spurs version of Gasol's role for the MLE. He doesn't seem the type who'd do that for a bunch of years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fully expect PATFO to offer him his “spurs culture” loyalty contract; 2 years 30mm guaranteed but we will buy him out for 90 cents on the dollar when he proves to be absolutely useless ala Paul Gasol, leaving him well positioned to ring chase with a rival.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ship sailed on getting his value up the whole world knew useless PATFO had to blow it up on draft night no matter what and they sat on their thumbs as per usual.

Don’t expect any movement at the deadline either. They’ll start some rumors up as they do every year, and they won’t do since they’re aiming for det 8th seed as they do every year. This front office is ran by fat satisfied morons.
    Finally some truth bombs in this part of the forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's great to learn that he's washed before screwing up next season's roster by extending him on a Pau-style contract.

Contenders were never going to give up meaningful assets for LA once the season was under way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA isn’t washed or trash. He just doesn’t fit well with this team. He still carries the team offensively on occasions, but he also causes us to lose other games. I really see him as a neutral presence considering there is no one better to offload his minutes. Poodle, Lyles are also inconsistent and Luka can’t even get on the court yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA isn’t washed or trash. He just doesn’t fit well with this team. He still carries the team offensively on occasions, but he also causes us to lose other games. I really see him as a neutral presence considering there is no one better to offload his minutes. Poodle, Lyles are also inconsistent and Luka can’t even get on the court yet.
    He is both washed and trash, additionally he is a perennial loser. Has not given this organization anything and only smiles when he scores 25 regardless of the team outcome. Samaki Walker, Charles Smith, JR Reid and Cherokee Parks are all synonymous with LMA in the Spurs history book; USELESS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is both washed and trash, additionally he is a perennial loser. Has not given this organization anything and only smiles when he scores 25 regardless of the team outcome. Samaki Walker, Charles Smith, JR Reid and Cherokee Parks are all synonymous with LMA in the Spurs history book; USELESS.
    He carried the team for 2 years, Pop and Manu have said as much. He can still be a good player for this team in the right cir stances.

Thread Information