Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA isn’t washed or trash. He just doesn’t fit well with this team. He still carries the team offensively on occasions, but he also causes us to lose other games. I really see him as a neutral presence considering there is no one better to offload his minutes. Poodle, Lyles are also inconsistent and Luka can’t even get on the court yet.
    He doesn't fit well because he doesn't try hard at all. So either he's washed and athletically doesn't have it or he just doesn't give a . He looks pretty lazy out there most days. And I don't recall him carrying the offense for us really, he got hot hitting jumpers the other day and then I think he had a solid game against LAC. Can't remember him doing much else this year so far. I know it's early but his effort levels are really pathetic out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs aren't going to dump him. They will only make a trade if it gives the team a better shot to win. Are you guys not paying attention? This team is clearly trying to make the playoffs. They are not going to trade pieces to just tank. This team would have be completely out of the hunt come March and considering they are above 500 now there's very little chance of that happening.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA almost always starts slow because he plays himself into shape. I expect Aldridge’s game to gradually get better over the next 10 games. I predict he will be playing his best ball as we approach the trade deadline. Of course, that will mean the Spurs will be in the playoff hunt and there won’t be a trade anyway.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He carried the team for 2 years, Pop and Manu have said as much. He can still be a good player for this team in the right cir stances.
    The problem is that the one cir stance in which LMA can be a successful player for us, when we just dump the ball down to him and he is just a straight isolation post scorer, is a cir stance we are not going to return to by virtue of LMA literally being the only person on the entire team who benefits from that style of play.

You can have some really great ice cream in the fridge but if you are lactose intolerant what good is that ice cream doing you ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anybody on this forum able to read a calendar? Aldridge was born in 1985. In NBA terms he is old. As in "old." Comprende?

LMA is close to the end of his NBA career. He is never again going to be the player he was 10 years ago. Not a chance.

He's at an age when the brain says "Go!" and the body replies "Huh? Who, me?" Remarks about motivation or laziness or at ude are just stupid, ignorant drivel. There's no psychological change that will make LMA 25 years old again.

Guys, LMA is O L D. Got it?

The real failure here is the neglect, and irresponsibility, of the Popovich front office to have a replacement for LMA in development for the last 2 or 3 years. What will be done about the situation now, as long as Pop is in charge? Nothing.

LMA's trade value is zip. He might retire at the end of this season. , he might retire tomorrow. If LMA were on some other team the Spurs could be the dumb suckers who would trade for him. Think Demarre Carroll.

The smart move would be to trade DDR for some kind of LMA replacement. That won't happen, with Pop in charge. Pop likes to come off as some kind of progressive with his politics, but in basketball terms he's so conservative, when he appears on the sideline during games he should have a pigeon perched on his head.

Do not give up a draft pick to move LMA. That would be stupid. Sheer lunacy. Giving up draft picks as a team gets older is not a strategy that's going to work out. Because you need those draft picks for younger players. To replace the old ones. Duh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of that Portland game (which I think he was trying to showcase himself) he's looked unathletic and not interested. In his mind, he's already out. But yeah unless spurs are getting some asset in a trade for him, you let the contract play out. Last thing we need is to lose draft capital AND take on salary.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of that Portland game (which I think he was trying to showcase himself) he's looked unathletic and not interested. In his mind, he's already out. But yeah unless spurs are getting some asset in a trade for him, you let the contract play out. Last thing we need is to lose draft capital AND take on salary.
    He had Kanter's corpse guarding him that game.

He's soon to be 36, can't expect anything from a guy who was never quick on his feet to begin with. The only way I can see Spurs getting a pick for him is if they take a bad contract. Noone's giving us a first for expiring, 36 year old LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The entire concept of this thread is absurd. When was the last time the Spurs gave up a first round pick for anything? They're notoriously stingy-- maybe even to a fault-- with their first round picks. There's absolutely zero chance the Spurs would attach a first round pick to an LMA trade unless it was bringing back a legit difference making starter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be happy to do LMA + lotto protected 2023 1st for Miles Turner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The entire concept of this thread is absurd. When was the last time the Spurs gave up a first round pick for anything? They're notoriously stingy-- maybe even to a fault-- with their first round picks. There's absolutely zero chance the Spurs would attach a first round pick to an LMA trade unless it was bringing back a legit difference making starter.
    That question made me think about when the last time the spurs traded a 1st round pick lmao I think it was when they traded for Kurt Thomas

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That question made me think about when the last time the spurs traded a 1st round pick lmao I think it was when they traded for Kurt Thomas
    The Spurs gave up a first in 2012 to the Warriors to dump a year of RJ's contract, taking back Stephen Jackson. The Warriors ended up getting the #30 pick and took Festus Ezeli.

Tomas Satoransky, Jae Crowder, Draymond Green, and Khris Middleton were all taken in the 31-39 range so the Spurs might have gotten a good player with that pick, but there is no way to know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs gave up a first in 2012 to the Warriors to dump a year of RJ's contract, taking back Stephen Jackson. The Warriors ended up getting the #30 pick and took Festus Ezeli.

Tomas Satoransky, Jae Crowder, Draymond Green, and Khris Middleton were all taken in the 31-39 range so the Spurs might have gotten a good player with that pick, but there is no way to know.
    ahhh good call I forgot about RJ for Stephen Jackson lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anybody on this forum able to read a calendar? Aldridge was born in 1985. In NBA terms he is old. As in "old." Comprende?

LMA is close to the end of his NBA career. He is never again going to be the player he was 10 years ago. Not a chance.

He's at an age when the brain says "Go!" and the body replies "Huh? Who, me?" Remarks about motivation or laziness or at ude are just stupid, ignorant drivel. There's no psychological change that will make LMA 25 years old again.

Guys, LMA is O L D. Got it?

The real failure here is the neglect, and irresponsibility, of the Popovich front office to have a replacement for LMA in development for the last 2 or 3 years. What will be done about the situation now, as long as Pop is in charge? Nothing.

LMA's trade value is zip. He might retire at the end of this season. , he might retire tomorrow. If LMA were on some other team the Spurs could be the dumb suckers who would trade for him. Think Demarre Carroll.

The smart move would be to trade DDR for some kind of LMA replacement. That won't happen, with Pop in charge. Pop likes to come off as some kind of progressive with his politics, but in basketball terms he's so conservative, when he appears on the sideline during games he should have a pigeon perched on his head.

Do not give up a draft pick to move LMA. That would be stupid. Sheer lunacy. Giving up draft picks as a team gets older is not a strategy that's going to work out. Because you need those draft picks for younger players. To replace the old ones. Duh.
    Amen Brother - Keeping It Real

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that none of this is LMAs fault at all. One of the only courted free agents to sign in SA, took second string to kawhi, earned his teammates respect, dragged us to the playoffs.
    He ain't perfect but we've signed a lot worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be happy to do LMA + lotto protected 2023 1st for Miles Turner.
    Both teams definitely say no to that tbh.

DeRozan for Turner and McDermott would be a more likely trade but Turner's definitely raised his value so that probably wouldn't be enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is that the one cir stance in which LMA can be a successful player for us, when we just dump the ball down to him and he is just a straight isolation post scorer, is a cir stance we are not going to return to by virtue of LMA literally being the only person on the entire team who benefits from that style of play.

You can have some really great ice cream in the fridge but if you are lactose intolerant what good is that ice cream doing you ?
    He's been the team's leading scorer four times. And missed 3 games. Out of 15 games. And he's still getting his old ass legs and shoulders underneath him. Again, he can play, and has played efficiently in the up tempo sets. But if his outside shot isn't working he needs to be able to go down in the box to get himself going or he just needs to sit because having him struggle offensively is in nobody's interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to trade DDR and LMA before they get injured and we are stuck with them...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA far from washed. He's just not consistent. May have been his best all around game tonight, thus far this season. Thought he did some good help defense tonight. Set some great screens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeRozan for Turner and McDermott would be a more likely trade but Turner's definitely raised his value so that probably wouldn't be enough.
    That's not bad, but the LeVert acquisition (despite his durability issues) probably ends any hope it might otherwise have had.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So be it. Do that trade, and send LMA for BOS for a top 18 protected 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not bad, but the LeVert acquisition (despite his durability issues) probably ends any hope it might otherwise have had.
    Yeah, adding Levert makes adding DeMar more unlikely for Indy.

If they thought want to use DeMar in a similar role to how he's used here, in a Holiday, Brogdan, Levert, DeMar, Sabonis type of lineup, however, that adds more ball-handling and play-making, then that could make some sense.
    Last edited by cd021; 01-23-2021 at 08:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So be it. Do that trade, and send LMA for BOS for a top 18 protected 1st.
    Don't know if they'd want Aldridge, but maybe.

I've been thinking that Mills and Gay for Langford, Ojele and their 2021 1st rounder could work.

They upgrade their rotation with two good vets while the Spurs get a first and a flyer on Langford--their 2019 first who has yet to really play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, adding Levert makes adding DeMar more unlikely for Indy.

If they thought want to use DeMar in a similar role to how he's used here, in a Holiday, Brogdan, Levert, DeMar, Sabonis type of lineup, however, that adds more ball-handling and play-making, then that could make some sense.
    Then there is this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ft-kidney/amp/

Apparently as part of the physical they found a mass in LaVert’s kidney requiring him to be out in definitely. Hopefully it’s nothing serious
    bc that stuff is scary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know if they'd want Aldridge, but maybe.

I've been thinking that Mills and Gay for Langford, Ojele and their 2021 1st rounder could work.

They upgrade their rotation with two good vets while the Spurs get a first and a flyer on Langford--their 2019 first who has yet to really play.
    I just don’t know what BOS expects to get from that TPE. I think what you suggest (multiple players) makes sense. I see rumbling of Aaron Gordon, but again what moves the needle for Orlando from their current roster? Smart, Nesmith? I don’t know and Ainge doesn’t seem like the type to want to cough up picks. LMA could be good there, and I don’t think the Spurs would ask for much (plus I think they’d like to give LMA a chance to join a club making a deep run).

It’s true they can use it for a play ahead of the next draft, but they can no longer count on their hoard of assets anymore to sweeten the pot for a trade. Aside from their two, again, their pieces dont really more the needle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then there is this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ft-kidney/amp/

Apparently as part of the physical they found a mass in LaVert’s kidney requiring him to be out in definitely. Hopefully it’s nothing serious
    bc that stuff is scary.
    True, Levert's a big question mark. Had they not acquired him, I think DeRozan might've been an option for them. He still could be in theory and I think Indy is likely to move on from Turner at some point. Trading a big for a wing is probably how'd they do it if they were to move on for Turner.

I just don’t know what BOS expects to get from that TPE. I think what you suggest (multiple players) makes sense. I see rumbling of Aaron Gordon, but again what moves the needle for Orlando from their current roster? Smart, Nesmith? I don’t know and Ainge doesn’t seem like the type to want to cough up picks. LMA could be good there, and I don’t think the Spurs would ask for much (plus I think they’d like to give LMA a chance to join a club making a deep run).

It’s true they can use it for a play ahead of the next draft, but they can no longer count on their hoard of assets anymore to sweeten the pot for a trade. Aside from their two, again, their pieces dont really more the needle.
    I don't think a star will be on the market for them so key role players make a lot of sense. I don't see the AG being an option for Boston and for Orlando for the reason that you said.

I do think that Ainge would be willing to trade a first however, as they still have three former 1st round picks in Williams, Nesmith and Pritchard all in the pipeline and all of their firsts going forward. Moving Ojele, Langford and a 2021 first-- which is probably going to around 25 for two good vets could definitely help them in their playoff run without hamstringing their future.

Aldridge for Theis and their 2021 first works too but I'm not sure that their looking to upgrade center. After all, they turned down a chance to get Myles Turner and instead signed Tristan Thompson. Aldridge has been all over the place, so that seems especially unlikely now.

Thread Information