Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget trying to get a young player for LMA (for a team wanting to win now) or trying to flip him for a 1st. The Spurs might be the ones needing to attach a 1st to get rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such low effort posts. There's no need to offload LMA, he's a free agent this upcoming offseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you only trade him if you get some sort of asset back otherwise you let his contract end

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said after one of his 56 point games of seasons ago was the time to unload.

Ya other GMs aren't fooled anymore and tonight might have been the tipper for any remaining who may be been buffaloed.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only contenders offload huge contracts Spurs are better off taking more contracts and collecting picks like Presti

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F*ck right now I'll take the Magic mascot for Aldridge. And I hate the Magic mascot!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol people continue to not understand how trades work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unreal how many ways Zaza ed us.

LMA was actually ok with Prime Kawhi holding his hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I hate to say this but the team does need to do a better job featuring him more. We have to get his trade value up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ship sailed on getting his value up the whole world knew useless PATFO had to blow it up on draft night no matter what and they sat on their thumbs as per usual.

Don’t expect any movement at the deadline either. They’ll start some rumors up as they do every year, and they won’t do since they’re aiming for det 8th seed as they do every year. This front office is ran by fat satisfied morons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ship sailed on getting his value up the whole world knew useless PATFO had to blow it up on draft night no matter what and they sat on their thumbs as per usual.

Don’t expect any movement at the deadline either. They’ll start some rumors up as they do every year, and they won’t do since they’re aiming for det 8th seed as they do every year. This front office is ran by fat satisfied morons.
    Aldridge was great against OKC. He can shoot outside and can rebound if he wants too. I don't know why Pop didn't have Demar set him up tonight like the other night, and could've pulled Wiseman and free up the lane for Keldon/Lonnie to attack.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can't get anything good for him. They are just going to have to let his contract expire. What I wonder is where will LMA go this summer. I guess maybe he will get a reunion in Portland with Dame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge was great against OKC. He can shoot outside and can rebound if he wants too. I don't know why Pop didn't have Demar set him up tonight like the other night, and could've pulled Wiseman and free up the lane for Keldon/Lonnie to attack.
    It usually takes Pop 2-3 years to realize , but he needs to stop having Aldridge shoot 3’s. He’s historically bad at it and should never attempt them if there’s more than 2 seconds on the shot clock. 3 of the last 4 years he’s shot sub .300 from that range. He’s at Westbrook levels of putrid.

Another thing that is damaging Aldridge’s trade value are his rebound numbers. The moronic defensive scheme Pop is running would cause Andre Drummond to average 8 boards a night instead of 15 Aldridge is always on the perimeter because of switches that his defensive rebound opportunities have disappeared. He has 9 rebounds in the last 4 games and it isn’t even his fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They didn't sit on their thumbs, though. They tried hard to get the #2 pick for LMA and were willing to take on Wiggins to make that happen. Can't blame them for Klay's injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't sit on their thumbs, though. They tried hard to get the #2 pick for LMA and were willing to take on Wiggins to make that happen. Can't blame them for Klay's injury.
    Presti made 10 trades in one night and some players weren’t even there for 30 minutes. Enough excuses tbh. The rumors always leave fans with blue balls every single time. They just throw them around (always to Zach Lowe) to keep their sheep fans happy and thinking they’re trying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Warriors increased their asking price once Klay got injured, or if the injury just killed the trade altogether.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's no real need to trade him just to dump him, he's expiring. trading him was worthwhile when we thought he could be used to get a real asset back. doesnt appear to be the case right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24m for this heartless and effortless bull

It's almost fraud

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Warriors increased their asking price once Klay got injured, or if the injury just killed the trade altogether.
    The things Kerr said yesterday and the way he kept name-dropping the Spurs and kept going back to how Klay's injury made them "reassess" their options make it seem like the injury killed the deal altogether. The one thing that wasn't mentioned was if Wiggins or our 1st pick was also involved in the potential deal but it was heavily implied that we would've acquired Wiseman while they took Aldridge. I mean, there's nothing they can do about it now but we can't say PATFO didn't try to make something happen. It was just some ty luck that, might have hurt us more than it's hurt the Dubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti made 10 trades in one night and some players weren’t even there for 30 minutes. Enough excuses tbh. The rumors always leave fans with blue balls every single time. They just throw them around (always to Zach Lowe) to keep their sheep fans happy and thinking they’re trying.
    Steve Kerr pretty much admitted it was a done deal before the injury so it wasn't just a Zach Lowe or tspence false rumor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Giannis’ early signing the extension played a part also. I’m just speculating. I mean Aldridge’s expiring contract, unloading Wiggins could be enough to lure Giannis to play with Curry/Klay/Green. But Giannis signing, Thompson’s injury torpedoed that chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Kerr pretty much admitted it was a done deal before the injury so it wasn't just a Zach Lowe or tspence false rumor.
    Must’ve missed it, was it recent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must’ve missed it, was it recent?
    Yesterday on the local Dubs station. I would post an archive of the interview but it's not available unfortunately. I was listening to it on my way home from work.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as the aldridge to GS rumors, one of their beat writers said the only thing left was for the warriors to feel like the guy that they wanted at 11 would be there. He said if the warriors felt like whoever that player was, was going to be their at 11, they were going to do no 2 and Wiggins for no 11 and LMA, but while they were doing that research Klay got hurt, and at that point they knew they were not going to be a serious contender now or maybe even going forward, so that was the end of that.

Remember the warriors are also holding that twolves pick that unless it is top 3 gives them a 1st rounder this year, and if it is top 3, it's unprotected next year, so before klay got hurt they had always planned to trade their own pick for something else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ship has definitely sailed on moving Aldridge imo. His value isn't likely to recover enough for a good team to justify finding the matching salary to acquire him at this point. He'd likely be on the team for the entire season, DeRozan too, but for different reasons. Obviously, Spur's aren't going to pay to unload Aldridge, for several reasons.

Still think Gay and Mills are likely to get moved though, possibly as a package deal .

Thread Information