Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anybody on this forum able to read a calendar? Aldridge was born in 1985. In NBA terms he is old. As in "old." Comprende?

LMA is close to the end of his NBA career. He is never again going to be the player he was 10 years ago. Not a chance.

He's at an age when the brain says "Go!" and the body replies "Huh? Who, me?" Remarks about motivation or laziness or at ude are just stupid, ignorant drivel. There's no psychological change that will make LMA 25 years old again.

Guys, LMA is O L D. Got it?

The real failure here is the neglect, and irresponsibility, of the Popovich front office to have a replacement for LMA in development for the last 2 or 3 years. What will be done about the situation now, as long as Pop is in charge? Nothing.

LMA's trade value is zip. He might retire at the end of this season. , he might retire tomorrow. If LMA were on some other team the Spurs could be the dumb suckers who would trade for him. Think Demarre Carroll.

The smart move would be to trade DDR for some kind of LMA replacement. That won't happen, with Pop in charge. Pop likes to come off as some kind of progressive with his politics, but in basketball terms he's so conservative, when he appears on the sideline during games he should have a pigeon perched on his head.

Do not give up a draft pick to move LMA. That would be stupid. Sheer lunacy. Giving up draft picks as a team gets older is not a strategy that's going to work out. Because you need those draft picks for younger players. To replace the old ones. Duh.
    Read this folks.. he getting old. Also in loosen up and coast mode , cheating alot on D. That should change by the second half of season. Again because he getting old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read this folks.. he getting old. Also in loosen up and coast mode , cheating alot on D. That should change by the second half of season. Again because he getting old
    Just in time for sure to miss out on both the playoffs and trading him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, Levert's a big question mark. Had they not acquired him, I think DeRozan might've been an option for them. He still could be in theory and I think Indy is likely to move on from Turner at some point. Trading a big for a wing is probably how'd they do it if they were to move on for Turner.

I don't think a star will be on the market for them so key role players make a lot of sense. I don't see the AG being an option for Boston and for Orlando for the reason that you said.

I do think that Ainge would be willing to trade a first however, as they still have three former 1st round picks in Williams, Nesmith and Pritchard all in the pipeline and all of their firsts going forward. Moving Ojele, Langford and a 2021 first-- which is probably going to around 25 for two good vets could definitely help them in their playoff run without hamstringing their future.

Aldridge for Theis and their 2021 first works too but I'm not sure that their looking to upgrade center. After all, they turned down a chance to get Myles Turner and instead signed Tristan Thompson. Aldridge has been all over the place, so that seems especially unlikely now.
    All makes sense. My understanding was part of them passing on Turner was not wanting to tie up the long term money, and seeing a thin trade market if they needed to flip Turner subsequently. Anyway, lots has changed there in terms of Turners performance, but LMA would give them options (move on/resign cheap with bird rights).

We’ll see what happens. The more they get crushed by Embid the better for us :-)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, adding Levert makes adding DeMar more unlikely for Indy.

If they thought want to use DeMar in a similar role to how he's used here, in a Holiday, Brogdan, Levert, DeMar, Sabonis type of lineup, however, that adds more ball-handling and play-making, then that could make some sense.
    Too small, plus Warren will be back at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All makes sense. My understanding was part of them passing on Turner was not wanting to tie up the long term money, and seeing a thin trade market if they needed to flip Turner subsequently. Anyway, lots has changed there in terms of Turners performance, but LMA would give them options (move on/resign cheap with bird rights).

We’ll see what happens. The more they get crushed by Embid the better for us :-)
    Maybe, though Boston apparently wanted a first plus Turner and McDermott in an S&T for Hayward. Sounds like they didn't really value him at all.

Aldridge does a good job defensively, in the post, historically. If they don't think Theis and Thompson can cut it then maybe they do search for a center. Aldridge is the most talented available but that doesn't mean that they'd be interested.

Though they could probably re-sign him on the relative cheap if they were to trade for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too small, plus Warren will be back at some point.
    Forgot about TJ Warren. Still think they'd move Turner for a wing, at some point, or at least a more modern four, given the direction of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, though Boston apparently wanted a first plus Turner and McDermott in an S&T for Hayward. Sounds like they didn't really value him at all.

Aldridge does a good job defensively, in the post, historically. If they don't think Theis and Thompson can cut it then maybe they do search for a center. Aldridge is the most talented available but that doesn't mean that they'd be interested.

Though they could probably re-sign him on the relative cheap if they were to trade for him.
    What would Aldridge solve against Philly? Just 6 more fouls on Embiid, certainly isn’t stopping him as he is a horrible defender these days. No way Boston gives up an asset for LMA, they would entertain part of their TPE and a second I suspect. If they actually thought he could add value they’ll be able to sign him for probably half the MLE come the offseason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would Aldridge solve against Philly? Just 6 more fouls on Embiid, certainly isn’t stopping him as he is a horrible defender these days. No way Boston gives up an asset for LMA, they would entertain part of their TPE and a second I suspect. If they actually thought he could add value they’ll be able to sign him for probably half the MLE come the offseason.
    He actually defends Embiid pretty well because it's mostly a physical match up and LMA doesn't have to guard in space.. I'm not sure how much Boston would value thst though because he's a poor match up against most of the other teams in the East.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They haven’t played in over a year and Embiid dominated LMA both meetings last season. Embiid is having an MVP caliber season and LMA looks the worst he has ever looked on the defensive end currently.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge only played in one game against Embiid last season (nov 2019) and he did well in an 11 point loss. He held him to 21 points and scored 17 himself. The other game against Philly last season lma was out and Poeltl was the starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge only played in one game against Embiid last season (nov 2019) and he did well in an 11 point loss. He held him to 21 points and scored 17 himself. The other game against Philly last season lma was out and Poeltl was the starter.
    Held him to 9-13 shooting! The game before that Embiid went off for 33. My point is that no one who has watched a Spurs game this year sees LMA as a Jokic/AD/Embiid stopper. He may have had some success in the past but but he is now 36, coming off shoulder surgery, out of shape and on a fast decline. He might give you one good defensive effort per 7game series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go back to the score Embiid dropped 21 and 14 boards in 28 minutes on 9-13 shooting. Horford has 18 and Tobias Harris had 26. Aldridge had an efficient 17 points and 6 boards but in 36 minutes. Hard to argue Aldridge held his own.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go back to the score Embiid dropped 21 and 14 boards in 28 minutes on 9-13 shooting. Horford has 18 and Tobias Harris had 26. Aldridge had an efficient 17 points and 6 boards but in 36 minutes. Hard to argue Aldridge held his own.
    I think that it's pretty easy to argue that Aldridge did better against Embiid than anybody the Celtics have on their roster. Obviously he's not as good as Embiid (few are) but from the Celtics perspective its about closing the gap and how much that's worth to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that it's pretty easy to argue that Aldridge did better against Embiid than anybody the Celtics have on their roster. Obviously he's not as good as Embiid (few are) but from the Celtics perspective its about closing the gap and how much that's worth to them.
    If he could get back into game shape and accept a backup role he could add value. I can’t see him swallowing his pride and taking that role on however. His body language in games he doesn't get 15 shots up is very telling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about TJ Warren. Still think they'd move Turner for a wing, at some point, or at least a more modern four, given the direction of the league.
    Given that J. Holiday, a scrawny 2.5, has often masqueraded as a modern four with Warren out, turning Turner into one has to be the plan, but it's easier said than done considering many teams need a modern four, while few need a five and the ones that are probably searching (Nets, Hornets, Raptors) aren't a match.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he could get back into game shape and accept a backup role he could add value. I can’t see him swallowing his pride and taking that role on however. His body language in games he doesn't get 15 shots up is very telling.
    That could be for sure... he wouldn't be main guy for them...he'd be a role player... that's what he'll be anywhere next year too...so maybe he can embrace it now in return for a chance to compete for a championship.

Thread Information