Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that the first F grade ever in your game grades? I’ve seen a lot of Bryn Forbes and Patty Mills performances in my day and always correctly anticipated the classic D-

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff as always OP.

I would switch Keldon's and Lonnie's grades. They were both terrible tonight, but KJ at least hustled and rebounded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop didnt get an F..lol

embarrasing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ouch! Thanks for the grades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp. The Dubs jumped on our guys early and never looked back. It didn’t help that Sours were 3/32 from downtown, while Dubs kept sinking theirs. I find that Spurs have problems protecting the 3’s this year. I don’t get it when they have long athletic guards who should have no problem staying with their men.

Pop should’ve Demar get Aldridge start early. It worked the other night, and would’ve pulled Wiseman out and opened the lanes for Keldon/Lonnie to drive.

Aldridge is becoming a defensive liability. He needs to start early or he would pout the rest of the game. I would give him an F

Lonnie was equally horible on defense. As athletic as he is. Lonnie gets loose from his man a lot. Curry was just toying with him and Mills. I don’t know Vassell or DJ wasn’t put on Curry more. Dubs live and die with Curry. Pop F for that.

Keldon/Lonnie needs to attack more. I don’t know why that’s not on the gameplan a lot.

All in all, I though they could have done a better job defensively. They seemed to be starstruck with Curry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, it's just one of those games where nothing falls. Happens a few times a season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is not a good basketball player anymore. Hasn't been all season. Won't be going forward.

Keldons game needs to evolve as he has been "figured out" so to speak...teams know he is either going to shoot an open 3 and they don't care cause he is not known as a shooter yet, or if you drive him off the line he is going to try and go all the way to the rim so you can just load up on him their. Part of his problem is that our bigs are so trash that defenses can easily just go after Keldon's shot cause its not like we are going to lob it or pass it to a big to get them an easy dunk like literally every other team in the nba. This just might be who keldon is until we get some modern big men on the team. Same thing for Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs never had a chance when Curry was playing ... our three point shooting remains a problem.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve noticed how the Spurs have (or at least had) a better record with Aldridge in the line up as opposed to him being out and thinking that maybe there’s something to this. But I’m realizing now that it may just be because Aldridge is another warm body over 6’10”. I’m ready for a trade to happen now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve noticed how the Spurs have (or at least had) a better record with Aldridge in the line up as opposed to him being out and thinking that maybe there’s something to this. But I’m realizing now that it may just be because Aldridge is another warm body over 6’10”. I’m ready for a trade to happen now...
    look at the comments of the Clippers game, this was obvious in that game, the only reason LA is important is that its backups don’t even have the talent to be legitimate starters in good teams and it costs 1/4 of the cap, no for being the best player on the team, most impactful (and all that eternal attempt to see beyond the obvious, when there is nothing to see), etc.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, i mostly agree with these grades, accept for Rudy Gay, he played poorly-I saw nothing from him but usual isolation play as if he is 25 again. Vasell showed hustle and heart through defense and that was worth the same as Dejounte.
    I am seeing some of the older guys looking for their shot ( Mills and Gay) instead of moving the ball, where as Walker seems unsure and timid and constantly defers to others, when he is the best pure 3 level scorer but cant seem to get into any rhythm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Fools gold record. GS was so much more prepared. Made us look like a bunch of rookies. GS are slightly underrated still have plenty of talent, chemistry, and experience. As long as the young ones keep getting their minutes, especially when White comes back, we will be just fine. If we suck we get a higher draft pick if we are pretty good we will hopefully pick up a solid free agent who makes us a legit playoff squad. Just ride out the ups and downs. Either way I’m excited to see where this team goes.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keldon F? nucb. he went to the line 11 times. that's enough for a d-

lma should get an f

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    look at the comments of the Clippers game, this was obvious in that game, the only reason LA is important is that its backups don’t even have the talent to be legitimate starters in good teams and it costs 1/4 of the cap, no for being the best player on the team, most impactful (and all that eternal attempt to see beyond the obvious, when there is nothing to see), etc.
    I don’t disagree one bit. I’m still holding on to nostalgia of LMA I suppose in hopes that maybe having him on the team is still a positive but unless he were usurped to the bench on a 15-20 minute a game basis, he can’t be on this team and it be long term successful. Especially since his defensive assignments are so much faster and athletic than he is at this stage. I just worry the more the league sees this, the harder it will be to offload him. His Blazers game was good on offense though for selling point?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think everyone can agree that neither LMA or Poodle are starting big men in today’s NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keldon F? nucb. he went to the line 11 times. that's enough for a d-

lma should get an f
    Pet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i actually think the box and one worked alright. but, yeah, walker and kj were awful on defense, just awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for doing the grades timvp... Certainly a labor of love after whatever that was last night

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pet?

me stupid, explain please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think everyone can agree that neither LMA or Poodle are starting big men in today’s NBA.
    If only we could combine them into one person... But alas, we have one guy who air balls 2 foot shots and another whose favorite past time is to let people drive past him and score

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team definitely laid an egg last night. This game, and the Utah game, it appeared like we got out-hustled and didn't put forth the energy needed to win. This is an effort group that will win on desire as much, or more than skill. I think there are more talented teams out there, so when our guys come out flat, it's a guaranteed loss, almost regardless of the opponent.

Interesting how our four vets showed up in tandem for Portland, but none of them brought it last night (with the 1/2 credit exception for Rudy).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t disagree one bit. I’m still holding on to nostalgia of LMA I suppose in hopes that maybe having him on the team is still a positive but unless he were usurped to the bench on a 15-20 minute a game basis, he can’t be on this team and it be long term successful. Especially since his defensive assignments are so much faster and athletic than he is at this stage. I just worry the more the league sees this, the harder it will be to offload him. His Blazers game was good on offense though for selling point?
    There is a virtual 0% chance to trade LMA now. Anybody who puts him on film for 10 seconds is going to see how awful he is. Usually if teams like a player and he is playing bad they will put blame on the current team doing something wrong and trade for the guy anyway cause they feel they can be successful with him. But LMA is just the worst of everything now. Big and slow, old with bad knees, sets one screen and takes one step back., doesn't defend the rim doesnt close out doesn't rebound doesn't get to the line, doesn't really do anything but be tall and take long 2's and 3's that no other team cares about because he shoots such a low percentage.

I thought he had some value as an isolation post scorer but he doesn't even attempt to do that anymore so...nothing really going for him that a team would be interested in.

Luckily for us the number one thing we need are younger more athletic bigs, and the draft is a good way to acquire those, and LMA's poor play is going to help us acquire that type of talent

Have you seen the front car of the tank train ? It looks like this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to see more Vassell on Curry next time; Pop cant be too conservative

Steph toyed with our D, and Lonnie bits too easily on pumpfakes

Thread Information