My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Pretty annoying to watch. Not quite as bad as Harden’s foul drawing of a few years ago, but close. And by the numbers, it looks like it’s getting there.

To be fair, video scouts around the league should know that back up or quick stop so the defender runs into him from behind move, and teams should adjust to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty annoying to watch. Not quite as bad as Harden’s foul drawing of a few years ago, but close. And by the numbers, it looks like it’s getting there.

To be fair, video scouts around the league should know that back up or quick stop so the defender runs into him from behind move, and teams should adjust to it.
    Easier said than done.

I think in this situation, you're better off giving him those free throws rather than the adjustment that will most likely require giving him more space. Once he's in the paint, they'd have a plethora of options for open looks.

Truth is, not all of his drives would be foul drawing. Let him have his free throws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    today’s nba sophisticated offence and highly skilled perimeter players.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    yesterdays nba too stupid to understand basic rules and how to use them to their advantage

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    tbh this is a case where yesterday’s NBA has the solution. Just bully the crap out of him and make those fouls count. If he’s gonna stop and back up into you, then don’t slow down and just plow right into him. Put his ass on the ground enough times and he’ll cut it out.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yesterdays nba too stupid to understand basic rules and how to use them to their advantage
    yesterday’s NBA low basketball IQ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh this is a case where yesterday’s NBA has the solution. Just bully the crap out of him and make those fouls count. If he’s gonna stop and back up into you, then don’t slow down and just plow right into him. Put his ass on the ground enough times and he’ll cut it out.
    Not when the defender being suspended four games, fined, and have a dirty reputation hurting their marketing value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not when the defender being suspended four games, fined, and have a dirty reputation hurting their marketing value.
    Nah you just gotta pull the ol Charles Barkley. Fall on the guy and just land on him a bit with your elbow or knee. There's no fine for just falling on a dude and the way he is undercutting people, it's pretty easy to sell that you fell. Just look at when Curry broke his hand, nobody said the player that fell on him was dirty or fined him

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Easier said than done.

I think in this situation, you're better off giving him those free throws rather than the adjustment that will most likely require giving him more space. Once he's in the paint, they'd have a plethora of options for open looks.

Truth is, not all of his drives would be foul drawing. Let him have his free throws.
    Sure, it’s easier said than done. Like a lot of things in basketball at the professional level. Where on the court your shooting sweet spot is where you just almost never miss, what moves a certain defender falls for, how to break a press a certain team employs, how to defend the post against certain guys. It takes studying the video, figuring out a strategy or an approach, and practicing. And then discipline to execute in games. Easier said than done. If it were more easily done, anyone could play professional basketball.

With Trae, he often picks up those cheap fouls in full court just bringing up the ball. That’s number 1 on what I’d eliminate. Don’t pressure him so tightly 80, 90 feet away from the basket. And if for some reason you do and he gets by you, don’t run full stride directly behind him. Try to recover at an angle, again especially when you’re so far away from the basket. If he beats you in the halfcourt, let him go and trust you get help from teammates. If he gets to the rim and scores, so be it. Just don’t give him cheap fouls where he gets two freebies from a dumb foul from behind, or worse and and-1.

No it’s not easy. It takes film study, practice, and discipline. Sure it’s easier said than done. These are supposed to be the best basketball players in the world with the best coaches and strategists in the world. Learn. Adjust. Execute.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy gets so many pussy ft's, while Doncic is getting murdered pretty much every time he gets in the paint and gets nothing. Re ed refs protecthing little midgets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not basketball at all but theatrics instead. So sad that "Professionals" stoop to such levels to get a leg up on their compe ion instead of simply playing the game right.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Didn't Young go crying to social media about Grayson Allen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree with your assessment. It's the only logical solution tbh. Teach him a lesson he soon won't forget!

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Elite player and future NBA champion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what bothers me about his video is that he clearly has no intention of making the shots. they're all unnatural prayers.

refs need to have the liberty to swallow the whistle if the guy is making an unnatural move like that

Thread Information