Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Among other things, conservatives also overestimate how many kids give a about playing sports.
    It's mostly their parents who never could do who care about it. They all think they have a diamond in the rough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never supported your position. You said Lebron should not be able to compete against women because he identifies as a male, but if identifies as a female, that's different. So then it's just about the paperwork.
    can you point out the specific post(s) about lebron that you'd like me to re-address?

You also never answered whether or not you'd date a transsexual person.
    i answered it outright

If you weren't married, would you date a tranny? If you say no, then you don't either.
    no, i dont think i'd date a trans woman. im interested in having kids, so that would be a big issue. i'm also generally sexually attracted to females, so that would be problematic. so you can add them to the list of women i wouldnt be interested in when it comes to a romantic or sexual relationship. with that said, its possible, if not very probable, that i've seen women at bars or coffee shops, or on a school campus who i thought was good looking, and was in fact trans. i have no way of actually knowing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can you point out the specific post(s) about lebron that you'd like me to re-address?

i answered it outright
    So would you have casual sex with a trans person if you weren't looking for a forum escape hatch family only bull excuse?

be honest, you'd not a tranny and if you ever did while drunk you'd not tell anyone.

You cannot expect the world to change if you don't. Lying about it doesn't work.

You posted the link, you can read your own argument. You said Lebron should not be allowed to play in the WNBA because he identifies as a male. I said "so what?" because you were saying that gender iden y trumps physical advantage, you want someone denied access based on their gender iden y. So if Lebron became Labiaonne, even if they could still run faster, jump higher, lift more, had bigger features and basically overwhelming physicality even for other guys, that would be different because of gender iden y.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So would you have casual sex with a trans person if you weren't looking for a forum escape hatch family only bull excuse?

be honest, you'd not a tranny and if you ever did while drunk you'd not tell anyone.

You cannot expect the world to change if you don't. Lying about it doesn't work.
    already answered in the same exact post

no, i dont think i'd date a trans woman. im interested in having kids, so that would be a big issue. i'm also generally sexually attracted to females, so that would be problematic. so you can add them to the list of women i wouldnt be interested in when it comes to a romantic or sexual relationship. with that said, its possible, if not very probable, that i've seen women at bars or coffee shops, or on a school campus who i thought was good looking, and was in fact trans. i have no way of actually knowing.
    you can still feel free to direct me to the specific lebron posts where you claim i did not support my position

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a fringe issue for EO. Doesn't even seem like something Biden would do. Its like he's trying to appease the uber woke progressives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    already answered in the same exact post

you can still feel free to direct me to the specific lebron posts where you claim i did not support my position
    So if a man transitions they aren't female? Even after reassignment surgery?

This is the issue: You consider men's sports and women's sports but in reality they are segregated because they are comprised of athletically different anatomies, male and female. When you muddy the waters and try to pretend male =/= men then you magically make the exception that sports can be gender based, not sex based, as if that's why it was ever segregated in the 1st place. I personally don't give a , but you're ignoring science and being disingenuous and evasive as .
    Last edited by DMC; 01-21-2021 at 11:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if a man transitions they aren't female?
    to try to keep the conversation somewhat clean (because the terms are often used interchangeably, which isnt necessarily correct):

male/female refer to sex. this is biologically determined by chromosomes and role in reproduction. (sex is bimodal though not binary... so while a vast majority of people fall squarely between male/female, there are fringe cases of people with XXY or XYY... just X. some people with XX grow penises and some people with XY develop vaginas).

but for the sake of simplicity, lets just say XX = female and XY = male, and that purely refers to sex

gender is a different concept than sex, which refers to one's iden y/expression based on societal norms

so to circle back to your question, i'd have to know if you are referring to sex or gender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But what we really want to know is who is going to bake the cake for the first transgender athlete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to try to keep the conversation somewhat clean (because the terms are often used interchangeably, which isnt necessarily correct):

male/female refer to sex. this is biologically determined by chromosomes and reproductive organs. (sex is bimodal though not binary... so while a vast majority of people fall squarely between male/female, there are fringe cases of people with XXY or XYY... just X. some people with XX grow penises and some people with XY develop vaginas).

but for the sake of simplicity, lets just say XX = female and XY = male, and that purely refers to sex

gender is a different concept than sex, which refers to one's iden y/expression based on societal norms

so to circle back to your question, i'd have to know if you are referring to sex or gender. you cant change your genetics. you can identify with either gender though
    So you can see the chromosomes ergo your attraction only to XX?

Do you think sports segregation was intended to be based on gender or on sex?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you can see the chromosomes ergo your attraction only to XX?
    i enjoy vagina. not a fan of and balls besides my own. why are you so interested in my preferences?

Do you think sports segregation was intended to be based on gender or on sex?
    hard to say definitively

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i enjoy vagina. not a fan of and balls besides my own.
    So reassignment surgery = go? Would you hit a penis that's been altered into a clitoris? Would you fondle the scrotum turned labia?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i enjoy vagina. not a fan of and balls besides my own. why are you so interested in my preferences?

hard to say definitively
    Why? Do you not think that even pro sports segregates based on biological factors that create physical athletic advantages/disadvantages based on XX vs XY?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So reassignment surgery = go?
    never been in that situation that i know of. i never asked girls ive been out with if they had undergone bottom surgery. and if i never noticed the difference before they told me? dont really see why i wouldnt have. if the difference was noticeable, might have caused me enough discomfort to not want to go through. i dont know, i'm mostly speculating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    never been in that situation that i know of. i never asked girls ive been out with if they had undergone bottom surgery. and if i never noticed the difference before they told me? dont really see why i wouldnt have. if the difference was noticeable, might have caused me enough discomfort to not want to go through. i dont know, i'm mostly speculating.
    If you were out with a person, and they said they'd had that surgery and wanted to make out with you, would you even kiss them?

Are you a tranny er theoretically?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Do you not think that even pro sports segregates based on biological factors that create physical athletic advantages/disadvantages based on XX vs XY?
    i think thats probably a fair assumption in pro sports, though like you said on page 1 of this thread, there are physical advantages that some males have over others. the difference between lebron and jimmer is probably more pronounced than jimmer and an average WNBA player

but in school sports (which is whats actually at issue here)? harder to say. teambuilding, camaraderie, sportsmanship, etc are key elements of youth sports. and the younger you are, the less pronounced those physical differences would even be (particularly for the fringe few on puberty blockers)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you were out with a person, and they said they'd had that surgery and wanted to make out with you, would you even kiss them?

Are you a tranny er theoretically?
    your curiosity is bordering on derp-reck levels of creepiness

if i knew that somebody had surgery, i'd probably say i'm not interested. if that means i have some degree of transphobia that caused me to pass up on an experience that i otherwise may have enjoyed, so be it, i'll acknowledge that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think thats probably a fair assumption in pro sports, though like you said on page 1 of this thread, there are physical advantages that some males have over others. the difference between lebron and jimmer is probably more pronounced than jimmer and an average WNBA player

but in school sports (which is whats actually at issue here)? harder to say. teambuilding, camaraderie, sportsmanship, etc are key elements of youth sports. and the younger you are, the less pronounced those physical differences would even be (particularly for the fringe few on puberty blockers)
    Yes but you cannot differentiate between sizes. Sports is segregated because of compe ion, not because comfort using the potty, at least at any level above kindergarten and maybe even there. Imagine a girl trying to hit a fastball from Randy Johnson, or Mic e Wie against Tiger Woods. There's a woman's tee for a reason. Imagine Tiger teeing off from there in his prime.

You'd never have heard of Cheryl Swoopes, Candace Parker or Becky Hammon if men were allowed to simply walk onto a girls team. So what are you going to say when all the women's sports records fall to transsexuals? You only need one sub Lebron athlete to cross over, then they wreck house in every sport. Bo Jackson ain't .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but you cannot differentiate between sizes. Sports is segregated because of compe ion, not because comfort using the potty, at least at any level above kindergarten and maybe even there. Imagine a girl trying to hit a fastball from Randy Johnson, or Mic e Wie against Tiger Woods. There's a woman's tee for a reason. Imagine Tiger teeing off from there in his prime.

You'd never have heard of Cheryl Swoopes, Candace Parker or Becky Hammon if men were allowed to simply walk onto a girls team. So what are you going to say when all the women's sports records fall to transsexuals? You only need one sub Lebron athlete to cross over, then they wreck house in every sport. Bo Jackson ain't .
    a) specifically said its a safe assumption in pro sports. if we start seeing womens sports being overtaken by a small minority of trans athletes, then we can have that discussion. until then, its fearmongering that isnt born out in reality

b) yes, you can differentiate between sizes. there are weight classes in a lot of sports

c) nobody said anything about men being allowed to walk onto a girls team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just let regular athletes compete in the special Olympics., tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just let regular athletes compete in the special Olympics., tbh
    nice one.

next you should do the "i sexually identify as an attack helicopter" one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a fringe issue for EO. Doesn't even seem like something Biden would do. Its like he's trying to appease the uber woke progressives
    Trump raised the visibility recently with his own EO, removing legal protection for gay/trans on his out the door.

Restoring them promptly by EO is completely appropriate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice one.

next you should do the "i sexually identify as an attack helicopter" one
    Just create a trans league. All two or three people can compete.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Trump raised the visibility recently with his own EO, removing legal protection for gay/trans on his out the door.

Restoring them promptly by EO is completely appropriate.
    Yep, all this trans stuff has typically been introduced by Republican legislation trying to limit their rights, then when Democrats push back they're accused of activism. That's how the whole bathroom bull started too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just create a trans league. All two or three people can compete.
    Clearly you haven't attended your company's diversity class yet, tbh

Thread Information