Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a low IQ team in big games.

I don't see a Championship anytime soon, if at all.

I don't think he is of the same ilk as modern day players that pout until they are traded -and get their way.

But.....couple more years of this is he gonna want a Championship or be satisfied with mega millions and All Pro teams?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He stayed in Milwaukee? Yea, he'll be punished on the NBA screwing over small market teams alone.

2000. Milwaukee would've beat Philly in five in a fair series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's as much to blame as anyone. Dude hasn't improved his game the past three/four seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He stayed in Milwaukee? Yea, he'll be punished on the NBA screwing over small market teams alone.

2000. Milwaukee would've beat Philly in five in a fair series.
    The Bucks got skull ed by Stern that year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to regret that much money when you can just pull a move and demand a trade. Harden got his ass traded in one day and he's still making his 43 million a year

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He's as much to blame as anyone. Dude hasn't improved his game the past three/four seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to regret that much money when you can just pull a move and demand a trade. Harden got his ass traded in one day and he's still making his 43 million a year
    It's the new new NBA. The Greek Freak will most likely go the same way as Leonard and Harden unfortunately.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much money to turn down. He's young enough where he can ring chase after the contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much money to turn down. He's young enough where he can ring chase after the contract.
    Pretty much this. I also don't think he worries much about what people think about him. He's been through worse since he grew up as a refugee. Stuff like that gives you perspective and I'm sure he knows how good he has it regardless of whether he ever wins.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ring chasing is f'ing stupid. Take the money unless you're a Ginobili and actually play for the love of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard should be called the Geek Freak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    42/12/4/3 on 70% plus shooting and good D.

He's surrounded by incompetence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    42/12/4/3 on 70% plus shooting and good D.

He's surrounded by incompetence.
    He really didn't get much help tonight.
    I've said that if Middleton is your number 2, and has a maximum contract...you are ed as a team. Middleton is good, a solid player, but not a max guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has literally improved almost ever year. Outside of shooting FTs, what more could you want from him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has literally improved almost ever year. Outside of shooting FTs, what more could you want from him?
    This.

I mean sure there are aspects he can work on.
    But put Durbetta, Stephina, Chrissy Paul, Load Management, Booker and any other *top* NBA player on this Bucks squad and see if they do any better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

I mean sure there are aspects he can work on.
    But put Durbetta, Stephina, Chrissy Paul, Load Management, Booker and any other *top* NBA player on this Bucks squad and see if they do any better.
    I think Bud needs some blame tbh. Giannis' reputation took a hit the last couple years. Giannis might not ever be a 3 point threat/jump shooting threat. It's not his game. He is the most imposing post player in the NBA right now, quit trying to make him shoot jump shots. He needs to be surrounded by shooters at all times. The defense should have to choose, guard the three ball, or double Giannis in the paint. It should be poison for opposing defenses, a nightmare!
    I liken the criticism of Giannis to someone saying Kevin Durant cant play in the post and rebound as a traditional big, it makes no sense. Use a player to their strengths and build the team around the superstar.
    That being said Giannis needs to be able to hit in the mid 60's from the charity stripe. No one disagrees there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's literally the same player he was a few years ago. Great effort by him tonight and his teammates were trash, but his lack of shooting is holding him back from being a generational talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have went to Miami

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's an understanding that with two years on a contract, a star player can say "I want out", and the team is to accommodate him.
    The league ain't doing nothing to quell that practice either.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if i am a team, i aint afraid of the other team thats lead by Giannis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bucks rally as other teams have done in this weird season then this thread will look sublime. He is a great player in so many regards that if the others even step up at all it is possible. If not at least he is a loyal and not peripatetic superstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if i am a team, i aint afraid of the other team thats lead by Giannis.
    A team should not be afraid of Giannis surrounding cast.

Do you think Clitter Paul was better then Freak last night?
    Of course not.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He really didn't get much help tonight.
    I've said that if Middleton is your number 2, and has a maximum contract...you are ed as a team. Middleton is good, a solid player, but not a max guy.
    Middleton is just not consistent enough. They need a legit #2 and somebody like Middleton leading the 2nd unit.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Should have went to Miami

He will end up in LA like everybody else, tbh.

Thread Information