Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The country right now is too overcrowded. We have about 330 million people. If those 62 million weren't aborted we are easily above 400 mill when you factor in the people who are aborted that some of them would have had kids between 1973 and the present.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are being honest abortion is an issue in which conservative white people are passionate about since the majority of abortions are committed by white women. They are now concerned about becoming a minority and want to prevent it from happening and think getting rid of abortion will stop whites from being a minority.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm rather indifferent when it comes to the subject of abortion... it isn't a voting issue for me one way or the other. I find it funny though when rich, white politicians pretend to care about lower class girls getting abortions.
    They want the extra cheap labor along with preserving the white majority status.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They want the extra cheap labor along with preserving the white majority status.
    Could be, I personally think they're just pandering to the evangelical vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think that in the micro, you can make compelling arguments against the morality of abortion, but laws aren't just made about the micro. you have to ask the bigger question of whether such a law would be better or worse for society, and for the life of me, i cant think of how forcing every unwanting mother to carry to term will make this country a better place

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of military here

I moved here because of computer job
    Computer jobs are rare outside of Yuma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Computer jobs are rare outside of Yuma.
    The Compaq repair demand must be huge in Yuma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Compaq repair demand must be huge in Yuma.
    I fix all makes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pediatrician here and not going to weigh into political fight but have revived years ago 26 week babies and sent to NICU so whatever happens consider viability.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Pediatrician here and not going to weigh into political fight but have revived years ago 26 week babies and sent to NICU so whatever happens consider viability.
    IMO a ban on abortions after 24 weeks unless the mothers life is in danger is fair, but iirc like less than 1% of all abortions happen after 20 weeks so muh 2nd trimester abortions is a right wing boogeyman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans always talking about abortion then whine about providing assistance to babies they shame poor single mothers into keeping.
    Last edited by Trill Clinton; 01-23-2021 at 02:08 PM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If we are being honest abortion is an issue in which conservative white people are passionate about since the majority of abortions are committed by white women. They are now concerned about becoming a minority and want to prevent it from happening and think getting rid of abortion will stop whites from being a minority.
    If you have data for this I’d love to see it but iirc the women who get abortions are disproportionately black. Conservative white men being pro-life isn’t about maintaining a white majority, it’s about being able to control women.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans always talking about abortion then whine about providing assistance to babies they shame poor single mothers into keeping.
    It's no secret that Repugs are only pro-life until the kids start living their lives. They're just pawns in the their political game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SCOTUS overturns Roe v. Wade, Ms of Christian women will still afford their abortions, while poor women won't be able to afford travelling to have abortions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SCOTUS overturns Roe v. Wade, Ms of Christian women will still afford their abortions, while poor women won't be able to afford travelling to have abortions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're ed."
    -George Carlin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to clamp down on abortions, first you have to:

- have a significantly more robust emphasis on sex education in schools. The earlier the better. Sex Ed is often time the only way for young children to be able to recognize when they are being sexually abused or molested instead of not understanding what is going on

- make contraceptives free and easily accessible at the point of purchase (ie have them all covered by universal health insurance)

- stronger welfare system and child care benefits

do those things and we can talk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are teaching sex Ed in public schools

Thread Information