Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s super athletic but he doesn’t the defensive IQ to a smarter player like Doncic or Curry. I rather they put Vassell or Keldon. Prove me wrong Lonnie.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My concern is that he is an unbelievably poor finisher. I mean, he’s great at getting into the teeth, so there’s amazing promise, but he can’t hit a freaking layup. Basically, I think he is afraid of contact; he’s sort of the opposite of Keldon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was an unbelievably poor finisher, but three years in the league he improved a lot in that area. I think we need to give Walker one more year. It’s not like he had trouble finishing in the G League. He’s just adjusting to the big boy league. The fact that he can get to the rim is encouraging.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has no fire.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not his offense that concerns me really. It's his defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reality is that of the 5 young guards, Spurs likely won’t be able to keep all in their long term plans. Some one, maybe Lonnie, will show enough flashes to become an interesting trade piece.

Like what does DDR/LMA + Lonnie fetch?
    Last edited by CGD; 01-22-2021 at 11:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to figure out what their future lineup will look like. Hopefully they run as far away from this hydra as possible. Doing that would mean moving one of White or Murray while also moving on from DeRozan. Walker may or may not stick, but he's more competing with Vassell than he is the other guys. Keldon is a nice piece, but he really needs to diversify his scoring tool box.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i've been on the trade him boat for a while now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to figure out what their future lineup will look like. Hopefully they run as far away from this hydra as possible. Doing that would mean moving one of White or Murray while also moving on from DeRozan. Walker may or may not stick, but he's more competing with Vassell than he is the other guys. Keldon is a nice piece, but he really needs to diversify his scoring tool box.
    Agree. They need to balance out the roster over the next two years. Murray/White is a decision point, but it’s not clear cut given Derrick’s age and Murray seemingly taking a step toward this year. Vassell/Lonnie does seem like the other one. Keldon is unique enough bc of his motor and seems to be a long term keeper.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has no fire.......
    This. Dont think his one on one d is a concern, maybe team defense is still a work in progress. I mean defensivly he often taking on the oppositions best and once picked is not getting enough help on the switch.

Its his passive offensive game im not liking. He likes to watch it seems. Too often going through the motions, not even trying to test his full ability. Does seem to shy away from contact . Dwhite comes back, one of the guards will have to take a lesser role.. nice guy lonnie putting his hand up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LWIV is talented, but it is obvious that he can't play with DeMar. Since DeMar's return, he has not been playing well, unlike the games when DeMar was out of the line up. At this point, it's better to ship off DeMar, and see what LWIV can do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn’t really have the skillsets to be a consistent performer. Has some tools but thats about it. His offense is very linear and he’s not physically inposing.

Loonie would shine if the spurs had a legitimate superstar though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just doesnt have a dog mentality. All the other main young guys have it except him. He's probably the most talented out of the bunch but just doesnt have that fire. He's disappointed the fuxk out of me this year. He's looking more and more like an empty calories, poor man's Zach Levine than a solid two-way guy, imo.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My concern is that he is an unbelievably poor finisher. I mean, he’s great at getting into the teeth, so there’s amazing promise, but he can’t hit a freaking layup. Basically, I think he is afraid of contact; he’s sort of the opposite of Keldon.
    He's not even looking to attempt to finish. If you watch him drive, most times he is damned-near moving toward the outer edge of the paint, the space between the paint and the corner 3, almost with his back to the basket. He is aiming to get rid of it first because he doesn't want to deal with the possibility of contact.

He'll only attack if the lane is mostly clear and won't dunk unless absolutely no one is near him.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell makes so much more sense playing Lonnie's role in the starting unit as the offball shooter/defender. Lonnie can shoot but he seems disinterested when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. And his defense is miles worse than Devin.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn people already turning on waker after begging and begging them to start him.

Dude's in his second full year with the team, he's still raw but is developing. Dudes has developed so much from last year.

stop ing, and let him develop. maybe after the 3 year than start complaing and ing, you weakass es.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn people already turning on waker after begging and begging them to start him.

Dude's in his second full year with the team, he's still raw but is developing. Dudes has developed so much from last year.

stop ing, and let him develop. maybe after the 3 year than start complaing and ing, you weakass es.
    Eh, there are a lot of folks on ST who've never liked Walker and haven't been dissuaded to change their minds. I have been a huge defender of him, but I don't think he's a good fit with the "offense" Pop wants to run. Unlike a lot of folks here, I don't think it's simply a matter of DeRozan leaving to "unlock" him. Lonnie has some really intriguing one-on-one potential, but he should be getting most of his touches created by the offense, and Pop seems too interested in finally fulfilling his career-long dream of running two PGs at the same time to bother to coach on that side of the ball. I'm really curious if he can adjust to Murray's absence by anything other than giving DeRozan even more touches or starting Mills. White being hurt was the perfect time to work Walker in as the second option. Murray getting hurt means there's no excuses at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, there are a lot of folks on ST who've never liked Walker and haven't been dissuaded to change their minds. I have been a huge defender of him, but I don't think he's a good fit with the "offense" Pop wants to run. Unlike a lot of folks here, I don't think it's simply a matter of DeRozan leaving to "unlock" him. Lonnie has some really intriguing one-on-one potential, but he should be getting most of his touches created by the offense, and Pop seems too interested in finally fulfilling his career-long dream of running two PGs at the same time to bother to coach on that side of the ball. I'm really curious if he can adjust to Murray's absence by anything other than giving DeRozan even more touches or starting Mills. White being hurt was the perfect time to work Walker in as the second option. Murray getting hurt means there's no excuses at this point.

I respect what you said and i agreed with you somewhat. I would also say that Lonnie himself, is fully there to be a consitent player. he's still raw and needs to develop and that's on both side of the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as DJ is out, put Jones and Vassell with starters and bring Mills and Walker off the bench with Lonnie the primary ball handler when DeRozen sits. If Lonnie can't take advantage of bench players, use him at the deadline for additions to this team that will make an impact in the future. This coaching staff is wasting his potential with the role they are putting him in, and he isn't being aggressive in what he does on the floor.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade one of the two guards who the spurs thought were good enough for second contracts

Murray and White are going to be our starting back court going forward unless a Giannis or Anthony Davis type player becomes available and you can trade one of Murray or White for that player

It's like you guys do not at all consider real life trends and historical contexts for this front office when it comes to talking about what they need to do

They have ridden LMA until the wheels have literally fallen off but they are going to turn around and trade a guard in his physical prime on a really good deal for...what exactly ?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to see him in a 6th man role like Jordan Clarkson. He's not a good defender, so I don't think he should be a starter.

Aldridge/Poeltl
    DeRozan/Gay
    Johnson/Walker
    White/ Mills
    Murray/Jones

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would trade lonnie and Trey Lyles for Mo Bamba. We would get another young big that will shoot the 3 and supposed to be good at defense. I would start him over Jakob. we would have one more year to see if he developes before we would have to resign him. I think magic are done with him and this would get them a young guard. This would basically be them trading back 5 spots as both lonnie and Mo were in the same draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you kidding me? Lonnie has been one of the most supported player on this forum. Let's not play revisionist history here. He's always been treated as the 'second coming' and "all he needs is a chance" is a line MANY said around here. That's just bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is the most ironic part. Pop is basically being proven right for not playing Lonnie much last year. He probably saw all the beta/ softness issues Lonnie is showing in full display right now and it was a method of trying to instill toughness in him. Sorry, my guy Sugus, I don't think saying Pop 'broke' him has any credibility. At some point, the player has to take some accountability.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-23-2021 at 01:08 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the most ironic part. Pop is basically being proven right for not playing much last year. He probably saw all the beta/ softness issues Lonnie is showing in full display right now and it was a method of trying to instill toughness in him. Sorry, my guy Sugus, I don't think saying Pop 'broke' him has any credibility. At some point, the player has to take some accountability.
    Ive never been high on lonnie and have stood up for DJM. most people were against me but I have been consistent in who I felt was better. I do think if Lonnie played with confidence he would be better (then he is now) but dont know why he does not play with confidence.

Thread Information