My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm telling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His nominee for Treasury secretary, Janet Yellen, told a Senate committee this week that the president would hold off on reversing any parts of the tax law until later in the recovery
    Probably wants to wait until the GOP takes back the house before making "tax the rich" an issue again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats have spent years promising to repeal the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which Republicans passed without a single Democratic vote and was estimated to cost nearly $2 trillion over a decade. President Joe Biden said during a presidential debate in September that he was “going to eliminate the Trump tax cuts.”

Biden is now in the White House, and his party controls both chambers of Congress. Yet he and his aides are committing to only a partial rollback of the law, with their focus on provisions that help corporations and the very rich. It’s a position that Biden held throughout the campaign and that he clarified in the September debate by promising to only partly repeal a corporate rate cut.

Not sure what's controversial about this, tbh...

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably wants to wait until the GOP takes back the house before making "tax the rich" an issue again.
    going to be interesting in 2022... Warnock won't get re-elected, we may start to see purple states that went blue in 20 flip back in 22... GA, AZ, PA, WI, etc. Big senate seats up for grabs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taxes Going up in 2021 Due to GOP-Passed Bill
    https://popculture.com/trending/news...p-passed-bill/

Biden may want to raise taxes, but Trump already did.

Sucker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans, Not Biden, Are About to Raise Your Taxes
    President Trump built in tax increases beginning in 2021, for nearly everyone but those at the very top.

You didn't know.

Sucker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats have spent years promising to repeal the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which Republicans passed without a single Democratic vote and was estimated to cost nearly $2 trillion over a decade. President Joe Biden said during a presidential debate in September that he was “going to eliminate the Trump tax cuts.”

Biden is now in the White House, and his party controls both chambers of Congress. Yet he and his aides are committing to only a partial rollback of the law, with their focus on provisions that help corporations and the very rich. It’s a position that Biden held throughout the campaign and that he clarified in the September debate by promising to only partly repeal a corporate rate cut.

Not sure what's controversial about this, tbh...
    Well, they won't have to do anything.

Trumps tax cuts for the hyperwealthy, included provisions for raising taxes again starting this year.

They can simply say "well it is part of the Trump tax plan", and simply pass some new tax increase on the hyper wealthy, spin it that way, and get higher taxes across the board to stem the flow of red ink, and have the benefit of rightfully blaming Trump for the increases on the non-hyperwealthy.

I find that funny.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taxes Going up in 2021 Due to GOP-Passed Bill
    https://popculture.com/trending/news...p-passed-bill/

Biden may want to raise taxes, but Trump already did.

Sucker.
    I've been a proponent of raising your taxes long before Trump.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    going to be interesting in 2022... Warnock won't get re-elected, we may start to see purple states that went blue in 20 flip back in 22... GA, AZ, PA, WI, etc. Big senate seats up for grabs.
    Fortunately for Warnock the candidate running against him will probably be some QAnon MAGA nutcase like Doug Collins or Marjorie Taylor Greene. Same with Mark Kelly in AZ, he’d be in trouble if he was running against a Jeff Flake Republican but he’ll probably be running against a freedom caucus show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fortunately for Warnock the candidate running against him will probably be some QAnon MAGA nutcase like Doug Collins or Marjorie Taylor Greene. Same with Mark Kelly in AZ, he’d be in trouble if he was running against a Jeff Flake Republican but he’ll probably be running against a freedom caucus show.
    Doesn't matter, 22 has red tide written all over it. Would have had blue wave written if Trump had won re election. It's the nature of our country's cyclical democracy. Only guy who was able to really crack it was FDR and thanks to the depression and war for that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter, 22 has red tide written all over it. Would have had blue wave written if Trump had won re election. It's the nature of our country's cyclical democracy. Only guy who was able to really crack it was FDR and thanks to the depression and war for that.
    Yeah if history holds Dems are going to get rocked

Obama came into office extremely popular with super majority full control and when he left office Dems were in their weakest position in almost a century. Biden takes office as someone nobody really likes and Dems have the smallest majority possible to receive full blame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been a proponent of raising your taxes long before Trump.
    Um, sure? Not really my point tho.

I was merely pointing out how your confirmation bias leads you to sources that didn't let you in on this detail, for some reason.

What reason do you think that is?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    GWB cracked it in 2002. It’s not some law of physics that the party in power does ty in midterms. Obama got crushed in 2010 because of how little he’d done to fix the economy and instead spent the first year of his presidency passing a mediocre healthcare law that no one would see the benefit of for years. Clinton also got crushed because he didn’t do enough to quickly rebound from the recession he inherited and instead prioritized a tax increase that was the right move but wouldn’t lead to an immediate positive effect. So far Biden is prioritizing the stuff that creates the most immediate economic impact and is making the more complicated like healthcare reform less of a priority.

The GOP is also not at risk of losing these seats, but if more establishment types like Grassley/Portman retire it creates ugly primaries between MAGA and the establishment and it’s more compe ive races where the GOP needs to spend money.

The high propensity suburb voters are also a lot bluer now, while the GOP has become the party that relies on low propensity rural re s. That’s why they got crushed in 2018. The educated suburb voters typically dominate midterm elections, and they’re no longer solidly Republican. Yesterday in Iowa a state senate seat had a special election where the GOP spent 5x as much money as the Dems did, yet the GOP candidate only won by 10 points in a state senate district that Trump carried by 20 points.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah if history holds Dems are going to get rocked

Obama came into office extremely popular with super majority full control and when he left office Dems were in their weakest position in almost a century. Biden takes office as someone nobody really likes and Dems have the smallest majority possible to receive full blame.
    Obama had a super majority for like a few months , then the Dems choked in the special election for Ted Kennedy’s seat. He also had 10+ DINOs from red states in that super majority, plus Joe Lieber in CT who was actively working to obstruct Obama’s agenda. For all the complaining about Joe Manchin he’s a bleeding heart liberal compared to old senators like Ben Nelson and Kent Conrad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama had a super majority for like a few months , then the Dems choked in the special election for Ted Kennedy’s seat. He also had 10+ DINOs from red states in that super majority, plus Joe Lieber in CT who was actively working to obstruct Obama’s agenda. For all the complaining about Joe Manchin he’s a bleeding heart liberal compared to old senators like Ben Nelson and Kent Conrad.
    Point still holds. Dems have literally the weakest margin possible to have full control & full blame and nobody actually likes Biden/Kamala. Randomguy felt so dirty after voting for them he felt the need to come on here and vow never again

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Point still holds. Dems have literally the weakest margin possible to have full control & full blame and nobody actually likes Biden/Kamala. Randomguy felt so dirty after voting for them he felt the need to come on here and vow never again
    Imo that works both ways. The fact such a milquetoast cheese candidate got great turnout means the base of voters can be relied on to show up and vote with or without a celebrity candidate like Obama or Slick Willy on the ticket.

Biden’s also lucky in the sense that he’s inheriting an economy that’ll mostly recover on its own if he can get COVID under control. Obama inherited a once in a century credit crunch and proceeded to prioritize a flawed healthcare bill over economic recovery. Biden’s prioritizing a stimulus and an infrastructure bill that creates jobs - if Biden was doing the same as Obama and spending an entire year trying to get a public option through Congress then yeah he’d get s acked in ‘22.

The GOP also had its together 10 yrs ago more so than it does now. If Cocaine Mitch was in full control of his party I’d feel worse about midterms but some of the most pivotal state GOPs are going full Q .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GWB cracked it in 2002.
    9/11

But you make some good points. Biden is a nobody to the Dems or anyone else. He won because he "wasn't Trump", tbh. Even a Romney or McCain type would have smoked Ole Jim Crow Joe

Thread Information