Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s going to be a struggle all year tbh.

Id say 30% they make the playoffs

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'd best hope not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on Dejounte Murray. If he plays 95% of the games, we make the playoffs.
    I'd say it depends on 3 factors:

1. How long Derrick is out
    2. How consistent can LMA be
    3. Can team stay healthy with only limited missed games (see DJ and how long he's out)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at best we're a 6/7 seat, likely secenerio we're a 7th seat, worst scenerio we're out.

personally i would rather trade and tank.

This is a loaded class, and we get the right guy, and comeback as a better team.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    They will finish 9th or 10th in the West.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the few times I agree with the OP. I would say 30 percent is about right. The spurs have too many flaws as a team to make it to the playoffs. I'm actually fine with missing the playoffs again. I don't see a point of losing to the Lakers or Clippers in the first round.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at best we're a 6/7 seat, likely secenerio we're a 7th seat, worst scenerio we're out.

This is a loaded class, and we get the right guy, and comeback as a better team.
    That's how I feel. I would rather get another lottery draft pick in this loaded drafted then miss out on it and lose in an uneventful first round match up with the Lakers-Clippers.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No and its ok. My problem is that this s will finish 10th instead of last and at least get a top 3 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No playoffs, and no trades. Spurs shouldn't make the playoffs, they aren't built for it yet. But they should trade and won't. That is directly the fault of Pop, and why he should go.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First round canon fodder tbh unless we somehow play a team who's best player is out for the series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playoffs are pointless during a time like this around the world. Not gonna be any fans to even play in front of and feel that real playoff atmosphere. Just miss it, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they make it if Derrick plays for the rest of the season, he is the glue/connector of the team. White is a ceiling raiser type of player. If White can stabilize the starting unit and the bench keeps dominating we are a 5-6 seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25% chance. Hoping for a 10 loss streak with DJ down to put a nail in the coffin in this season so we can get a top 10 pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm with you on trading and tanking but, I think if we trade LMA and DDR we might actually improve. The young guys play better without them.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dijon is proving to be one of those guys that you don’t completely realize his value til he’s off the floor. With him playing injury free the majority of the season, this team has an 80-90% chance. Yes, these games absolutely want to make you pull your hair out, but just from watching you can see this squad is learning and gelling. The defense sucks now but I can see the defense being night and day by game 60

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team has nothing to gain by making the playoffs..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Probably a 20% chance overall, tbh

1. Spurs are currently 10th, I would say that they are on par with only two team ahead of them (Memphis and Golden State). They'd have to be both of them out to make the playoffs outright. Golden State seems to have turned a corner while Memphis has played well considering their best player hasn't played yet and Jah is still getting back from his injury.

2. The Spurs haven't really been impacted by covid yet, at some point that could be an issue that derails their season.

3. The Spurs could still blow it up midseason and trade any one of DDR, LMA, Gay and or Mills. I think Mills and Gay are the most likely to be moved, possibly in a package deal that nets a 1st round pick. Even if they stay together, I could see them making it up to 9th and giving themselves a shot in the play-in but I think the odds are against them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone who really wanted to keep the streak going last season, what's the point of making the playoffs this year?
    Assuming that nothing changes and that the vets have all the freedom to chuck whenever they want.
    3 black holes on offense (LMA, Patty, Rudy) with Demar desparetly trying not to be the 4th, but come crunch time he always reverts to his usual self, like he did last night.

Ceiling of the roster with current gameplan and roles is known. 1st round sweep, at best. Even that's very unlikely.
    What could we possibly lose if young guys get more responsibilities? Like letting Lonnie run the offense once in a while or running some plays for young guys?
    What exactly would this team gain if 4 vets lineup won the game last night? I really don't understand.

Shambolic season, games getting postponed daily, who knows if it's even going to be finished. What does PATFO do? They're desparately trying to be a 1st round exit led by 4 expiring veterans instead of letting the young guys develop and getting some assets in the process. I guess this is what mediocrity looks like.

Not to mention how the entire defensive gameplan revolves around giving up wide open 3s and hoping for the best.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    0% chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chances largely depend on health. If the entire roster is healthy down the line including Derrick White I see this team somewhere between 6th and 8th seed

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chances largely depend on health. If the entire roster is healthy down the line including Derrick White I see this team somewhere between 6th and 8th seed
    Agreed. So if you want to put a percentage on it I’d say 50%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That assumes that they stand pat rather than trade any of their expiring's, don't know if I'd assume that despite their track record. Also, that this team doesn't have a covid outbreak.

Even then, I don't think they could get up into the top 8 on record alone. They'd have to make the playoffs through the play-in, which is matchup dependent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That assumes that they stand pat rather than trade any of their expiring's, don't know if I'd assume that despite their track record. Also, that this team doesn't have a covid outbreak.

Even then, I don't think they could get up into the top 8 on record alone. They'd have to make the playoffs through the play-in, which is matchup dependent.
    when's the last time we made a trade? I hope they make one, but we all know how often that happens. I'm not too optimistic about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when's the last time we made a trade? I hope they make one, but we all know how often that happens. I'm not too optimistic about it
    You forgot the Nando De Colo for Austin Daye trade that got us 5 already?

Seriously, they don't make trades but if they were to make one this is the season that they'd do it. They have four expiring vets with varying levels of value. I think Mills could get a first, Gay could probably net to future seconds or a first if packaged with Mills. DeRozan could possibly get a first but the problem with him is fit and whether teams would try and take him on. Aldridge is less likely to be moved because he's been wildly inconsistent and his salary is harder to match for contending teams.

I think they make at least one move, though odds are against me tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trades are just not something we do well (to me the G Hill for Kawhi trade was due to scouting). Trading at least one of our expiring vets should have been a layup this offseason, even for our front office but now it’s too late.

2005 Nazr Mohammed trade was probably our best trade in the last 15-20 years.

Go back further and there are some real stinkers: DA for Steve Smith, Will Perdue for Rodman are a few that come to mind.

Thread Information