Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Appears to be a rim rolling type big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After we resign DDR/Patty this will be our major FA pickup!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What type of money would he command?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone like this is who the Spurs will sign next offseason after reupping DePression for the max tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After we resign DDR/Patty this will be our major FA pickup!!
    You're joking, but it could very well be true.

All our eyes are focused on the obvious bigs available on the market like Collins, Richaun, Drummond... yet the Spurs are looking at other guys.

Honestly, this expression of interest by the Spurs points me the other way-- I think looking at unknowns like Dinos may mean we might get a big overhaul over the summer. Otherwise, the cap space could have just been used on one major player like Collins and the roster would have been done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    End of the bench scrub maybe i guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What type of money would he command?
    Facundo Campazzo signed a 2 year / $6,400,000 contract with the Denver Nuggets, so I think Dinos would command something similar and maybe a little larger because he's younger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I been thinking that with all this cap space the Spurs have in the offseason, they will probably bring 1-2 Euros over. I just don't know if there are any players available who could become high level NBA players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I been thinking that with all this cap space the Spurs have in the offseason, they will probably bring 1-2 Euros over. I just don't know if there are any players available who could become high level NBA players
    The Spurs were able to turn players like Tiago and Bertans into quality NBA players. I feel like the Spurs have a better hit rate with international players than American ones.

In fact, if Dinos gets signed, it would remind me very much of the Tiago signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Appears he can shoot 3s, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when he was at Wake Forest with John Collins... interesting connection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mirotic
    Last edited by r0drig0lac; 01-23-2021 at 05:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when he was at Wake Forest with John Collins... interesting connection.
    I'll entertain this connection:

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-new...ay-in-the-nba/

Let all the Collins bandwagon fans ( RC_Drunkford ) commence their premature ejaculation...

PG: Murray/ White/ Tre
    SG: Vassell/ Lonnie/ Q
    SF: Keldon/ Wagner
    PF: Collins/ KBD/ Samanic
    C: Poetl/ Dinos/ Eubanks

14 players

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gross. Imagine him, Eubanks, Samanic, and Poeltl being your bigs...

Can we get an athletic black center for s sake?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll entertain this connection:

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-new...ay-in-the-nba/

Let all the Collins bandwagon fans ( RC_Drunkford ) commence their premature ejaculation...

SF: Keldon/ Wagner
    PF: Collins/ KBD/ Samanic

14 players
    I wouldn't mind Mitoglou as a 4 off the bench. He's pretty versatile and shot 44% from 3 in the Greek League. Still want a mobile 3-point shooting Center like Myles Turner though or maybe Holmes. We got 50 million, we can add a lot of good players if we don't resign any of the 4 vets, which I hope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the scenario Dinos isn't actually being used to bait Collins...

SF: DeMar/ Wagner
    PF: Keldon/ Gay/ KBD/ Samanic

15 players

Mills is so gone. I don't know why people think he will still be with this team. Gay looks like he won't fit next year either. You can only have 15 players on your roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind Mitoglou as a 4 off the bench. He's pretty versatile and shot 44% from 3 in the Greek League. Still want a mobile 3-point shooting Center like Myles Turner though or maybe Holmes. We got 50 million, we can add a lot of good players if we don't resign any of the 4 vets, which I hope
    So, as a back-up to Collins? I don't know. He doesn't look like he's mobile enough + he did play alongside Collins as a C in line-ups in college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather see something like this

White/Murray/Tre Jones
    Walker/Vassell/Weatherspoon
    Johnson/Wagner
    Collins/Mitoglou/Samanic
    Holmes/Poeltl/Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, as a back-up to Collins? I don't know. He doesn't look like he's mobile enough + he did play alongside Collins as a C in line-ups in college.
    combo PF/C. Could also just waive Eubanks and bring him in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather see something like this

White/Murray/Tre Jones
    Walker/Vassell/Weatherspoon
    Johnson/Wagner
    Collins/Mitoglou/Samanic
    Holmes/Poeltl/Eubanks
    Signing two "big names" in free agency will force the team to hit the luxury tax, especially when you consider Lonnie's extension is coming up. I doubt they would be willing to do that unless they believed we would be contending in the short term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing two "big names" in free agency will force the team to hit the luxury tax, especially when you consider Lonnie's extension is coming up. I doubt they would be willing to do that unless they believed we would be contending in the short term.
    nah we have about 57 million in cap space next year. We can easily sign 2 plus 1 euro and operate over the cap in 2022 with the Walker extension while being below the luxury tax

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah we have about 57 million in cap space next year. We can easily sign 2 plus 1 euro and operate over the cap in 2022 with the Walker extension while being below the luxury tax
    Wrong, dude. I already did the math on this:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=288583

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope like I said I'm right. According to your calculation we have 28 million open in 2021 which would be enough for Holmes, who'd probably sign for less than that. In 2022 with your calculated Walker extension and if Holmes would be at 28, although I assume it woud rather be around 20 million, we'd have a cap of 131 million. The luxury tax threshold is 138 million right now and that's without the cap going up. It would only get tricky in 2023 when Keldon and Luka extensions would kick in, but that's way too far ahead. I'd like for the Spurs to be aggressive with their cap space until then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope like I said I'm right. According to your calculation we have 28 million open in 2021 which would be enough for Holmes, who'd probably sign for less than that. In 2022 with your calculated Walker extension and if Holmes would be at 28, although I assume it woud rather be around 20 million, we'd have a cap of 131 million. The luxury tax threshold is 138 million right now and that's without the cap going up. It would only get tricky in 2023 when Keldon and Luka extensions would kick in, but that's way too far ahead. I'd like for the Spurs to be aggressive with their cap space until then
    They will be $4 million over the Luxury Tax Threshold in 2022:

This assumes no free agent signings in summer of 2022 and 2023 = unrealistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's only if the cap doesn't go up though, which it should although it's hard to predict with Covid still around. They will have to make some trades down the line anyway. Gotta see how it plays out. Also cut Dinos and they would still be under the tax. I doubt that he would cost 8 million

Thread Information