Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The main fear comes when White comes back. What becomes his role then? Bc somebody is going to have to have their minutes cut eventually. Maybe not immediately bc Pop may slowly integrate Derrick, but still

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't really dribble and drive because that's not in his skill set right now. Do you know anything about this guy? He's very skinny and isn't confident in his handle.

I'm happy with his development so far in that he's shown some flashes of creating his own midrange shot and usually attempts one or two a game. He still has to learn how to walk before he can run and they're developing him the same way they did #2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s impressive too, even though he doesn’t do much play making yet, he’s had zero turnovers in 11 straight games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we develop rookies as well as u guys think we do... This isn't 10 years ago... Other teams play their rookies and allow them to make mistakes and grow their games (similar to how pop actually played parker and Ginobili as rookies)... If parker and gino were drafted by today's pop, they wouldn't start... They may not even play... Especially being late round draft picks... The way we deal with young players now is different... I know ppl love bashing me here, but we ALL have complained about it... Let's not pretend we haven't just because I'm the one saying it...

There are teams better than us that play their rookies significant minutes and allow them to make mistakes without fear of being benched or g-leagued... You can't assume a player will develop... Even the answers on here are telling... Some think he is just a 3D guy, some think he can develop into more... I say give him the chance to show more than just spotting up... Especially when he has shown that in college .. we are dumbing him down... He is a lottery pick on a bad team for goodness sakes
    Of all the things to about, developing young players? Are you ing seriously ing about this?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of all the things to about, developing young players? Are you ing seriously ing about this?
    es gonna .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The main fear comes when White comes back. What becomes his role then? Bc somebody is going to have to have their minutes cut eventually. Maybe not immediately bc Pop may slowly integrate Derrick, but still
    that's why it would be ideal to trade Mills for a 1st round pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's why it would be ideal to trade Mills for a 1st round pick
    Or DDR... I'd like to see more games without ddr iso's every possession down the stretch.... force the young guys to step up more...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, Gay probably nets us the best asset. Contenders could use him off the bench. Frees up minutes for Vassel too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Duncan2K5 thread bashing the FO and Pop's coaching choices. Shocking. Line up all of the 2020 draft picks and look at their respective roles and I think you'll see that Vassell is getting integrated better, and has a larger role, than most.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only fear bout vassell is that he aint get enough minutes to fully release his potential

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, Gay probably nets us the best asset. Contenders could use him off the bench. Frees up minutes for Vassel too
    Gay is a 4 and Vassel is a 2.5.

When healthy, I expect him to be competing with Walker for backup wing/9th man minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is easily replaceable by White. You can't replace Rudy, he's the only real 4 on this roster (not counting Lyles and Samanic). If they get offered a pick for him they should pull the trigger, but right now trading Mills makes the most sense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ur living in the past, bro...the past several years we ALL have been complaining about how the young guys are treated...this isn't 20 years ago when he would actually play rookies for significant roles...if Covid wasn't happening and white was healthy, we all know Vassel wouldn't be playing the minutes he is playing now
    Yikes! I’m truly speechless.....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is easily replaceable by White. You can't replace Rudy, he's the only real 4 on this roster (not counting Lyles and Samanic). If they get offered a pick for him they should pull the trigger, but right now trading Mills makes the most sense
    I agree with you on Mills making the most sense and he probably brings back a better asset than Gay would. If we move Gay we need to be committed to throwing Luka out there and letting him sink or swim. Im in favor of that too because I'd like to see with my own eyes if he has anything to his game and if he does then great....if not we can move on from him sooner rather than later.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - TP couldn’t finish in the paint
    - Manu was too predictable running the break
    - Timmy let his emotions get to him too often
    - Blair didn’t know how to order at Whataburger

—- Deep thoughts by duncan2k5——-

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't really dribble and drive because that's not in his skill set right now. Do you know anything about this guy? He's very skinny and isn't confident in his handle.

I'm happy with his development so far in that he's shown some flashes of creating his own midrange shot and usually attempts one or two a game. He still has to learn how to walk before he can run and they're developing him the same way they did #2.
    KD was also skinny and didn't have great handle when he came in...you don't get better at something by never doing it...that's how u gimp urself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or DDR... I'd like to see more games without ddr iso's every possession down the stretch.... force the young guys to step up more...
    See? Someone gets it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Duncan2K5 thread bashing the FO and Pop's coaching choices. Shocking. Line up all of the 2020 draft picks and look at their respective roles and I think you'll see that Vassell is getting integrated better, and has a larger role, than most.
    So in ur opinion,the past couple years,the FO and Pop deserves no criticism?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only fear bout vassell is that he aint get enough minutes to fully release his potential
    This too...I think he should start...but because I said it, ppl will disagree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - TP couldn’t finish in the paint
    - Manu was too predictable running the break
    - Timmy let his emotions get to him too often
    - Blair didn’t know how to order at Whataburger

—- Deep thoughts by duncan2k5——-
    Since we are making things up:

-Derozan is the best player we ever had

-Pop has never done anything wrong

-im secure with my self worth as a human being

(Deep thoughts by Allan Rowe vs Wade)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in ur opinion,the past couple years,the FO and Pop deserves no criticism?
    No, I think they are certainly not above criticism, and could have done many things better. But all you do is criticize, and it gets old sometimes.

I've always pointed out dumb FO moves...the Gasol contract being high on that list. Losing Bertans to try and sign a player who doesn't fit the Spurs' M.O. is another fine example of the FO not at its finest. My only issue with your posts are that they're all critical, even when criticism is uncalled for, and usually lack any merit or weight. You can look at every team in the association, and none of them have been better run for the last 23 years than the Spurs have been. I think that needs to be recognized as well.

We need to turn that frown upside down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I think they are certainly not above criticism, and could have done many things better. But all you do is criticize, and it gets old sometimes.

I've always pointed out dumb FO moves...the Gasol contract being high on that list. Losing Bertans to try and sign a player who doesn't fit the Spurs' M.O. is another fine example of the FO not at its finest. My only issue with your posts are that they're all critical, even when criticism is uncalled for, and usually lack any merit or weight. You can look at every team in the association, and none of them have been better run for the last 23 years than the Spurs have been. I think that needs to be recognized as well.

You know there are just some posters here not worth discussing issues with. According to them, If a player is not playing enough it's FO fault for not developing them, if the player plays and shows he is not ready it's FO fault for destroying his confidence, when a player finally comes good it got nothing to do with FO it's only the hard work of the player. Probably if FO drafts a generational talent they would say the FO are just lucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not only critical...it's just that when I praise a player, ppl usually disagree, so they hate my post anyway...I've been praising Murray and White for years...been praising Kawhi when he was here...

Being great for a long time doesn't mean you can't get criticized... Especially when it seems like bad decisions are becoming more of a trend than a mistake...

And yes, I constantly hate on LMA and DDR... u have no idea how passionate I am as a Spurs fan...so I don't want to normalize mediocrity... That's how you end up like the raptors... I want us to realize we are in a bad situation and make moves to change it ASAP... not remain in that bad situation because we are trying to be nice to players (that don't deserve it)

I always had joy watching my Spurs, win or lose... But lately with DeMar and LMA ball, it's no fun... Because I know our ceiling is a first round exit, and it feels like I'm the only one who can see it... Everyone else is trying to look for the good parts about their game and hold out on hope that 2 career losers in their 30s will somehow get it together... And I'm alone screaming for everyone to wake up and I'm being attacked... My only joy is from watching Murray and the other youth grow, and I don't think they can reach their true potential with those 2 guys on the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know there are just some posters here not worth discussing issues with. According to them, If a player is not playing enough it's FO fault for not developing them, if the player plays and shows he is not ready it's FO fault for destroying his confidence, when a player finally comes good it got nothing to do with FO it's only the hard work of the player. Probably if FO drafts a generational talent they would say the FO are just lucky.
    Show me where I said they were lucky for drafting a generational talent...and I've never said a player not playing enough is due to the FO not developing them... Also show me where I said if a player that I blamed the FO for not developing suddenly becomes good... Then show me where I said the FO don't deserve credit in that scenario...

See, it's easy to make someone look bad when u make up stuff... Ur not even pointing out legitimate things to hate me about... U just make things up... That makes it seem personal

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still struggling from non 3 attempts , 1-9 last 7 games. Addressing this first might be the most logical development step before any half court initiating skills.

Thread Information