Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe blue font was necessary? That said the Samanic fandom aged like milk, some fans were predicting all star level back then... That's why I made that comment.
    no sweat ... the smokin Emoji was basically the same as blue font ... I still found it funny in retrospective

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I still see Shamanic as a potential star, thought pop would get Luka's head where it needed to be for the guy to put together the great size and very good athletic ability with the flashes of skill he shows at times.

That didn't happen, I am not sure it will happen. That said he is one of the guys that does need to get over themselves and dedicate himself to being the best professional basketball player they can be... If he does that he's probably able to be a perennial all star. If he doesn't he'll bounce around the NBA and Europe/Asia for a decade net himself a couple million and chill. Which isn't a bad pro sports career just not 100+ mill and international fame.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL it's painful watching doughy fat Luka strike like an assassin at will in the 4th every time we play the mavericks.

Tough to disagree with the OP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis has allegedy had a bright future for 3-4 years now and has pretty much nothing to show for it. OKC has a billion draft picks, but they've managed to up 3 mvps at one time so...., The rockets, well, lol, the rockets. Mavs have Luka but have yet to win a playoff series and haven't exactly surrounded him with great talent. Still, they have Luka. NOLA, well, lmao.

So maybe other teams do have better futures, but that's been the case for several years and it has mattered not one bit. Memphis and Dallas are in better spots because they have legit stars, for sure. But even then the gap isn't some insane wall I can't see changing in a couple of years. NOLA has an injury prone "star" that can't wait to get to NYC. They absolutely have a worse future and will likely be in Seattle before long. Houston has young players, but we've seen they have the ability to it up. And OKC has SGA who is going to have to lose like bradley beal for years before they get their together. A million draft picks but they are still tanking so whats the ing point?

This thread should be led "the Spurs don't have a star" because thats basically what it is. No team in this division is exactly looking amazing and thus the Spurs aren't far behind anyone despite their lack of a star.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i said it as plainly as i could.

• "spurs can't win" means they're not a playoff team
    • "spurs can't tank" means they're never going to full tank with pop coaching

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank god for houston

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Thank god for houston
    they fine with a tank though.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    check out the spurs standings when this thread was posted:
    Somehow someway despite the jeckyl Hyde season the Spurs are winning the division after this Boston win

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    lmao smart, doubt. this post says other wise
    Pretty sure they were blowing off the thread anyway.
    This guy has no clue why people are excited about the team because he doesn't even watch the ing games. People should stop paying attention to this moron.
    This one did age well at ALL.
    It’s time to close this thread
    Should have been closed the moment it was posted
    this thread is getting worse and worse by the day

Damn, if Luka pans out we gonna be decently stacked.

Murray
    Vassell
    Keldon
    Samanic
    Poeltl

White
    Walker
    Lyles

Also, no but, with DJ and Luka the Spurs' popularity among the ladies will increase exponentially.
    DAF was / is a top tier poster, top three at least tbh. he should've been on my page though.
    Last edited by gambit1990; 11-20-2021 at 12:52 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i said it as plainly as i could.

• "spurs can't win" means they're not a playoff team
    • "spurs can't tank" means they're never going to full tank with pop coaching
    They are tanking currently though. Right now they have almost the same odds at getting the #1 pick as Houston (who have only won 1 game). Spurs are in a great spot IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the 30 game win total is on point. The youngsters are playing with effort, but there is no one to take over the game consistently. I like what DJM is doing this year. Still, a high draft pick is pretty much a given this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the 30 game win total is on point. The youngsters are playing with effort, but there is no one to take over the game consistently. I like what DJM is doing this year. Still, a high draft pick is pretty much a given this year.
    Pipe dream.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. In fact just a few years ago, during the 2018-2019 season, a 30 win team would’ve received the 6th pick. Add that in with the new lottery rules and you have a real shot at a franchise player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question will be at one point do you think Pop will loose this team? Looking at the players body language you can tell they are not a happy group as we loose more I think you will see it progressively get worse.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homers are The cringiest people on the planet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question will be at one point do you think Pop will loose this team? Looking at the players body language you can tell they are not a happy group as we loose more I think you will see it progressively get worse.
    This is why tanking doesn't work. Losing culture is a legit thing. Professional athletes are completive in nature.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team body language is getting worse every week. They started off playing on fire, but that energy has tapered off. Lonnie already seems less motivated again…in a contract year. The Yak Covid thing was horrible timing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than 80% of the best players in this league are top 15 picks.

More than half are still with their drafting teams.

60% of the best players are a top 7 pick.

Tanking to get franchise players can obviously work and works majority of the time. Let’s just hope the players understand this very simple fact.

I will say, it doesn’t mean you have to tank very long though. Just have to pick the right player(s).

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, for me, the tanking “decision” assumes that we’re somehow playing well and could play worse then we are. We’re already playing Forbes and Eubanks. I suppose we could play Jones instead of some of White or DJ’s minutes, but that could also turn out to be a winning move. It’s all throwing darts at this point. Tanking. Playing to win. I don’t see a big discrepancy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs arent tanking. They just spent 47 million this offseason,and im sure it wasnt to get a top 5 pick. That would just be moronic. "Tanking is holding out david Robinson even though he was healthy enough to play because tim dincan was coming out

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs arent tanking. They just spent 47 million this offseason,and im sure it wasnt to get a top 5 pick. That would just be moronic. "Tanking is holding out david Robinson even though he was healthy enough to play because tim dincan was coming out
    They spent money because they literally had to. You get fined for not having your team salary at a certain $$ amount.

I’m really surprised so many people are oblivious to the plan here.

1. draft and stash a young player *obviously not a literal draft and stash but their own “version” of it* - Primo ✅
    2. sign a quality role player - McDermott ✅
    3. Sign a fan favorite or a familiar face to keep tickets selling and cushion the blow of Mills leaving (while also losing games) - Forbes ✅
    4. Lose basketball games with rotations that you obviously wouldn’t have out there and still stay within striking distance - ✅
    5. obtain a top pick in the next draft and introduce that new player and Primo at the same time.
    Last edited by FutureMan; 11-21-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we hit on Collins & Primo.....look out!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They spent money because they literally had to. You get fined for not having your team salary at a certain $$ amount.

1. draft and stash a young player - Primo ✅
    3. Sign a fan favorite or a familiar face to keep tickets selling and cushion the blow of Mills leaving (while also losing games) - Forbes ✅
    4. Lose basketball games with rotations that you obviously wouldn’t have out there and still stay within striking distance - ✅
    5. obtain a top pick in the next draft and introduce that new player and Primo at the same time.
    If it’s that obvious I give up. Number 3 especially.

Either way the tank is on I just don’t actually think it’s deliberate which is scary in itself.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Dejounte Murray becoming an All- Star
    2) Primo possibly being a franchise player
    3) continued development of young core ( Keldon / Vassell/ Poetl)
    4) Possible Top 5 pick next year
    5) offering a max contract to a player like Deandre Ayton next offseason

I think Spurs are in pretty good shape for the future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. draft and stash a young player - Primo ✅
    Primo isn’t stashed. He’s on the roster. You’re ignorant of what the word means.

Is the lack of playing time for Primo different from what the Spurs usually do?

Is it?

Is that something done only by tanking teams? What are you trying to argue?

Are you actually trying to argue that tanking teams can be identified by the fact that they’re the teams which sign quality role players? Really?

You think Forbes was signed as a “fan favorite” and because he’s a familiar face.

What have you been drinking, and how much? And how bad is the hangover?

Taking into account Pop’s long history of using wacko rotations, point out one single instance this season of a rotation you know he would not have used in any earlier season. Hint: you can’t do it.

Why “at the same time?”

BTW, a team is not fined for failure to meet the minimum players’ salary total (90% of the salary cap.) The team is required to pay its players an additional amount, to bring the total up to the minimum.

Thread Information