Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    .“i am right and i didn't move the goalpost. " you were obtuse. The idea that the spurs should tank sooner (trade LMAO and derozan) can't be tested because the spurs didn't. It just doesn't matter. You've admitted you support the tank. So not hypocrisy just being annoying.

If you want to be a real edge lord you argue for tanking in 2008 because 7 years between chips is too much,
    it's incredible how some of y'all fail to grasp the point because you don't want to eat crow.

i posted this thread when the spurs were atop the divsion. the spurs should've moved la and demar when they had more value, period. this thread was about me knowing they wouldn't do that and suffer consequences later instead of tanking then and being in a better place now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Accountability. Once Pop is gone new ppl will have the opportunity to build their own legacies but they won’t have the comfort of Tim Duncan, David Robinson and to a lesser extent Tony/Manu.

Those shot callers are going learn real quick not everyone has, nor deserves the grace period PATFO has utilized/previously earned.
    It was always inevitable that the Spurs would eventually go from anomalous NBA royalty back to backwater, small town franchise like an Indiana, or Sacramento.
    Hopefully it won't be that bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp,damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP got on hard but turned out to be spot on. Pels looking good. Memphis is an elite team. Dallas has Luka. Houston has a solid young core. Spurs have Keldon

If we miss out on Wemby and Scoot we're truly ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still hope houston gives us a run for our money

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP got on hard but turned out to be spot on. Pels looking good. Memphis is an elite team. Dallas has Luka. Houston has a solid young core. Spurs have Keldon

Way to early to be handing out medals ….. patience my guy

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot or Wemby or the season is a bust. This is the first season in 22 years when I am cheering every loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As one person put it you are never as bad as you think are and never as good as you think you are depending on the result.
    But damn-It's the 50th anniversary season...... of the 72-73 76ers. Arguably the worse team ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This thread being bumped is gonna piss off Dejounte something fierce.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For real though the Pelicans look like trash without a lot of ways to fix their problems.
    You're wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

no he ain't, not close to, at least for now. You can read the pages/quotes where he explicitly explains that the point of his post hasn't happened yet - the future future.

You're falling into the same mistake he was: judging only the talent level of other teams' players in a vacuum, and adhering results to them. BBall isn't that straightforward; if all it took to win a ring was talent, the Kings and Wolves would've been fighting out the past decades' chips.

None of the teams you listed has made even a Conference Finals yet, and the Spurs are just now starting their rebuild. The thread was and will be predictably bumped, but OP and I both know this hasn't been settled yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spot on, OP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It only just occured to me that this thread was a reverse-jinx to ensure the Spurs land Wembanyama. I'm rid of doubts: we're landing the No.1 pick in the next draft. I'll be sure to thank OP properly after we're done celebrating...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the least talented team in the league picking a relatively low ceiling player with the 9th pick and likely getting very little from their rookies again despite having 3 of the top 25 picks.

But hey, at least we get to watch Vassell's efficiency crater while he pretends to be an on-ball scorer, while a confused Primo masquerades as a PG backing up the fringe rotation player starting in front of him.

There's no team in the league as in need of a centerpiece, yet you just know they're not getting a top 2 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no he ain't, not close to, at least for now. You can read the pages/quotes where he explicitly explains that the point of his post hasn't happened yet - the future future.

You're falling into the same mistake he was: judging only the talent level of other teams' players in a vacuum, and adhering results to them. BBall isn't that straightforward; if all it took to win a ring was talent, the Kings and Wolves would've been fighting out the past decades' chips.

None of the teams you listed has made even a Conference Finals yet, and the Spurs are just now starting their rebuild. The thread was and will be predictably bumped, but OP and I both know this hasn't been settled yet.
    This is just straight up homerism bro, no offense. Yeah we obviously can't know the future but it's not even debatable that every other team in the conference projects to be better than us for the foreseeable future.

Of course we can change that by landing a top 2 pick this season. But nothing I said is even controversial it's straight up fact that the Spurs have no blue chip prospects and no star players. Every other team has one or the other or both

Also what super talented teams have the Kings and Wolves had in the last decade? the Kings in particular have just been horrible at drafting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just straight up homerism bro, no offense. Yeah we obviously can't know the future but it's not even debatable that every other team in the conference projects to be better than us for the foreseeable future.

Of course we can change that by landing a top 2 pick this season. But nothing I said is even controversial it's straight up fact that the Spurs have no blue chip prospects and no star players. Every other team has one or the other or both

Also what super talented teams have the Kings and Wolves had in the last decade? the Kings in particular have just been horrible at drafting
    oh this is tiresome. Gambit was one of several posters that wanted to trade the LMA derozan core, a playoff spoiler level team, to tank. He argues that the spurs were in the dreaded pretenders area where they can't get better and don't get high draft picks. Many have argued that tanking isn't a panacea and you can get young talent from later picks if you are careful and lucky. The spurs did that with derrick white and murray. Then they decided to trade them for value in processs style tank. They did exactly what gambit argued, albeit three years later. OKC is ahead in their tank, Houston is ahead of their tank. Memphis is good, new orleans is good and raped the lakers for their HOF draft pick A. Davis.

It's stupid to say that SA, on year one of the deep tank, aren't going to equal OKC and houston in talent. IT will come, it doesn't even have to happen this year. Saying the spurs have less talent is true, it's a strategy, one that OP has endorsed.

Finally, we have two blue chips keldon johnson and Sochan. Both are major players on major college teams. They may not be the ones you want, they are not stars, but they're blue chips by the definition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure the OP is right.... until the Spurs get a chance at drafting at the top of the Draft like Grizz, Mavs, Rockets & Pelicans all have to get the current best players on their respective rosters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure the OP is right.... until the Spurs get a chance at drafting at the top of the Draft like Grizz, Mavs, Rockets & Pelicans all have to get the current best players on their respective rosters.
    Exactly context is everything

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    here's the kicker... a) spurs need draft the correct player and b) they aren't going to all of sudden leapfrog the grizz, mavs, pelicans because they all have established rosters. grizz and pels were playing at a high level in the playoffs, mavs got to the WCF ...

on top of that, the spurs would be lucky to get a coach as good as the grizz or pels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's the kicker... a) spurs need draft the correct player and b) they aren't going to all of sudden leapfrog the grizz, mavs, pelicans because they all have established rosters. grizz and pels were playing at a high level in the playoffs, mavs got to the WCF ...

on top of that, the spurs would be lucky to get a coach as good as the grizz or pels.
    That's fair. It still starts with picking at the top and landing a potential all nba talent.

Besides the Mavs, every other divisional team has had multiple top 10 picks in the last 3-4 years, with Rockets and Grizz having multiple top 5 picks.

Those top picks don't guarantee , but they are a vital first step.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the best example are the Grizzlies. They broke up the Gasol/Conley team when the Spurs had LA/DeRozan/Gay. The Grizzlies are back in contention already, the Spurs just started to tank

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Except for when we play other teams in the division they beat us more than we beat them

Which sort of alludes to them being better than us

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOU is still the worst team in the NBA talent wise in year 3 of their rebuild. I mean they are the worst team in the NBA for about 3 years now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Green is showing out and looks to have a scary good future, and not just offensively.

Thread Information