Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK, Kyrie seems like the kind of guy who will take less money for the situation he feels best suits him. I'm not sure North Texas is the kind of place he'll feel at home.
    He'd have to take way less money though. Don't really see him as the kind of guy to take MLE to go play in say Chicago or Cleveland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas
    OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does missing the playoffs impact the way we view Luka?

Superstars don't miss the playoffs in their primes. Interesting article on how many times "all time greats" have missed the playoffs. https://www.nba.com/news/nba-legends...g-out-playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL DALLAS

Would be hilarious to watch their pick get stripped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL DALLAS

Would be hilarious to watch their pick get stripped.
    As far as it pertains us and Houston, this might be another small push to keep up appearances and put up a compe ive lineup in the last 2 games. Shouldn't be enough to beat Minnesota (hopefully), but maybe it will get us a tie with Houston even if we end up beating Dallas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as it pertains us and Houston, this might be another small push to keep up appearances and put up a compe ive lineup in the last 2 games. Shouldn't be enough to beat Minnesota (hopefully), but maybe it will get us a tie with Houston even if we end up beating Dallas.
    Well, Collins and Johnson are out today, so there goes that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Collins and Johnson are out today, so there goes that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Houston Rockets are declining to pick up the fourth-year option on coach Stephen Silas' contract, ending his three-year run leading the franchise's rebuild, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Sunday."

just wanted to put this here, maybe they strike gold and OP wins the argument or maybe they are mired in dysfunction and cant surface into anything. but in addition to disfunction and blatant tanking, no loyalty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Houston Rockets are declining to pick up the fourth-year option on coach Stephen Silas' contract, ending his three-year run leading the franchise's rebuild, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Sunday."

just wanted to put this here, maybe they strike gold and OP wins the argument or maybe they are mired in dysfunction and cant surface into anything. but in addition to disfunction and blatant tanking, no loyalty.
    The problem stems from ownership and perhaps with the GM - we'll see if he gets rid of KPJ and gives a better direction to the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll reassess our status after the draft relative to the other teams in our division.

For now, I'd no longer put NO or Dallas above us given Zion's health and Cuban's incompetence in putting the right kind of players around Luka. So that just leaves Memphis and Houston. Houston only because they could land Wembanyama like us. Really the immediate future of the division is likely Memphis or maybe Dallas if they can salvage anything there. But we're a solid third at worst next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not our division but crazy these tank teams can't think ahead more than a few years. Detroit and houston both have talent to build on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not our division but crazy these tank teams can't think ahead more than a few years. Detroit and houston both have talent to build on.

And yet both are hanging out in the bottom with a far, far less talented (even just based on potential) team like the Spurs. Crazy that neither team has seen much improvement over the last three years other than ac ulating high draft picks.

They are both are in need of a new coach and an actual ing direction or improvement in play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem stems from ownership and perhaps with the GM - we'll see if he gets rid of KPJ and gives a better direction to the team.
    Their whole team is a bunch of immature jackasses. Getting rid of KPJ, while necessary, won't fix their janky culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like Houston is going to continue to suck, and Dallas might have screwed the pooch signing Kyrie. I could see Memphis blowing it up if they lose early in the post season, and NO will always be marginal as long as Zion's never-ending string of injuries is in the mix.

It's a pretty dysfunctional division. No championship caliber teams are rising from this mix for a while. Spurs land Wemby and they could be right back at the top of the division within 2 seasons. Top of the garbage heap!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like Houston is going to continue to suck, and Dallas might have screwed the pooch signing Kyrie. I could see Memphis blowing it up if they lose early in the post season, and NO will always be marginal as long as Zion's never-ending string of injuries is in the mix.

It's a pretty dysfunctional division. No championship caliber teams are rising from this mix for a while. Spurs land Wemby and they could be right back at the top of the division within 2 seasons. Top of the garbage heap!
    There might be a lot of Western Conference teams tumbling out of the sky pretty soon. LeBron can't last forever and Davis sucks without him. Clippers only have a short run. Warriors won't last forever. Chris Paul and Durant are near the end. What teams will join OKC as the best of the bunch?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It’s wild that coaches (like Casey and Silas) agree to be part of these shows - they have to realize that by signing up to lead these rebuilds only to get fired mid-stream or towards the “end”* probably means you’ll never have a head coaching gig in this league again. Then again, maybe this was their only shot at a HC gig to begin with? I don’t know enough about Casey or Silas to say. Either way, hope the money was worth it, because you’re pretty much damaged goods at this point.

*Reminds me of the Browns firing Sashi Brown after he completely rebuilt their team and made them halfway respectable again, only for his successors to once again screw up that franchise. Sashi is in a better place now (President of the Ravens after a short stint leading the Wizards)

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There might be a lot of Western Conference teams tumbling out of the sky pretty soon. LeBron can't last forever and Davis sucks without him. Clippers only have a short run. Warriors won't last forever. Chris Paul and Durant are near the end. What teams will join OKC as the best of the bunch?
    Lakers can turn it around through free agency. They have a history of adding the top players in the leaue through free agency.

It wouldn't surprise me if Wemby ends up signing there in the future.

Spurs have to get lucky in the draft and build that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers can turn it around through free agency. They have a history of adding the top players in the leaue through free agency.

It wouldn't surprise me if Wemby ends up signing there in the future.

Spurs have to get lucky in the draft and build that way.
    Their history is 1966 and 2018. That’s it. LeBron didn’t even go there for basketball. He went to get a jump on his second career in the entertainment industry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their history is 1966 and 2018. That’s it. LeBron didn’t even go there for basketball. He went to get a jump on his second career in the entertainment industry.
    Not necessarily with success, but they've added a lot of star power over the years simply because it's the Lakers. I think they have the ability to rebuild much quicker than a small market team. They're just so badly run these days that they might fall a cliff (hopefully) when LeBron is done there. They're teetering on the edge looking down right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily with success, but they've added a lot of star power over the years simply because it's the Lakers. I think they have the ability to rebuild much quicker than a small market team. They're just so badly run these days that they might fall a cliff (hopefully) when LeBron is done there. They're teetering on the edge looking down right now.
    Those other players were usually past their prime and chasing rings, not players you can build a le contender with. rascal was talking about them rebuilding with a superstar FA, and I pointed out that it's really only happened twice for them in the FA era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just remembered Luka can"t be traded before next year... Imagining Flat Earther bolting and mavs failing in this draft, next season could be funky in Dallas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well officially shaq was traded but effectively he chose la over Orlando in free agency. Kareem forced his way there. Davis forced his way there. Kobe threatened not to show up as a nets to force his way there. Magic threatened not to show up in Chicago if they got the first pick (moot point since they didn’t).

If you want to say just purely free agency then fine but the reality is that those trades wouldn’t have happened for any other team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well officially shaq was traded but effectively he chose la over Orlando in free agency. Kareem forced his way there. Davis forced his way there. Kobe threatened not to show up as a nets to force his way there. Magic threatened not to show up in Chicago if they got the first pick (moot point since they didn’t).

If you want to say just purely free agency then fine but the reality is that those trades wouldn’t have happened for any other team.
    When the Lakers bottom out, ain’t no one forcing their way there. LeBron will do his usual, leaving a team a burnt husk upon his departure. Even with LeBron and their Mickey Mouse le and stealing AD from the Pels, a LOT of the cachet has worn off the Lakers in the last ten years.

Oh, and find me a link that Shaq was traded to LA, please. It was a straight up FA signing.
    Last edited by exstatic; 04-12-2023 at 06:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the Lakers bottom out, ain’t no one forcing their way there. LeBron will do his usual, leaving a team a burnt husk upon his departure. Even with LeBron and their Mickey Mouse le and stealing AD from the Pels, a LOT of the cachet has worn off the Lakers in the last ten years.

Oh, and find me a link that Shaq was traded to LA, please. It was a straight up FA signing.
    Oh my bad. Looked it up and shaq straight up signed. I for some reason thought he forced a sign and trade.

As for bottoming out, lakers only had one real bottom out ever and that’s Kobe’s doing. All the other times the lakers got back before bottoming out because stars force their way there or they get some incredibly advantageous trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the Lakers were in a bad state because of Kobe and they rebounded perfectly. The league got them Anthony Davis and LeBron signed there.

They'll always be in good hands.

Thread Information