Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if houston gets wemba, they'll hover around a play in spot but that all depends on what happens with some of these other teams (NO, Portland, Dallas).
    Wemby getting drafted by the Rockets won't be great for his development. He's probably praying for any other team to win the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    /thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good, now this attention 's stupid thread can be forgotten. All the while, Spurs never finished below every other team in the division. Good ing call!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta make a new one: Spurs have the best future in their division

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One team in division has a guy who can’t keep from flashing guns on his Instagram

One team has a guy who must have ballooned to 400 pounds who has little interest in actually playing

One team thought flat earther was the missing piece

And then there’s the Rockets who have nothing redeeming to talk about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Future is suddenly bright asf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can finally bury this thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wheres this semen drinking, gaping asshole, face op gone?

His team was 1 and done and it was against an injured team lmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOCK
    DIS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have the best future in their division:

- landed #1 overall pick and sole rights to draft a generational talent

- 50 mil in cap space to sign free agents

- no bad contracts currently

- treasure chest stuffed full of future draft capital

- Hall of Fame coach

- core players showing development

- $0.5 billion dollar brand new practice facility campus opens Aug. 2023

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not until we ring imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

C'mon, boy, gambit1990. Where you at? Come in here. Give me my damn ing respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have the best future in their division:

- landed #1 overall pick and sole rights to draft a generational talent

- 50 mil in cap space to sign free agents

- no bad contracts currently

- treasure chest stuffed full of future draft capital

- Hall of Fame coach

- core players showing development

- $0.5 billion dollar brand new practice facility campus opens Aug. 2023
    B-b-but the Rockettes core!! Jalen Smith!!! Dallas with Kyrie!!! Zion!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't mind me bumping this thread in eternum, until OP decides to stop ing up and logs into his account to give me my respect.

Meanwhile, let's look at some takes that have aged like milk, and wine, in the thread:

Is two years not future? Color me lost.
    Are you found yet, my guy? Do you see precisely what I was getting at? It's almost like two years was not the "future, future", and we had to wait a bit longer for the cards to play out...

One thing's for certain, though: this thread is the perfect anti-jinx. I just know the Spurs are landing Wembanyama in a Duncan-esque sequence, and it's all due to this thread. Gotta give the props where due - but I'll wait for the draft, myself
    God damn, look at this wine-aged take! Only thing I'm taking back is, no way I'm thanking OP or this thread for Wemby

Also let's give some flowers to an oft-hated member of the board, whose resilient homerism got him a W here:

Way to early to be handing out medals ….. patience my guy
    Which was in response to a terrible take:

This is just straight up homerism bro, no offense. Yeah we obviously can't know the future but it's not even debatable that every other team in the conference projects to be better than us for the foreseeable future.

Of course we can change that by landing a top 2 pick this season. But nothing I said is even controversial:lol it's straight up fact that the Spurs have no blue chip prospects and no star players. Every other team has one or the other or both
    Looks like it was less "homerism" and more "knowing how the cards are played", huh, Leetonidas? Maybe not declare the Spurs so definitely devoid of talent when they were purposefully tanking on one of the most coveted drafts of the modern era? But I guess it wasn't even debatable, huh...

Let's focus on the poo-poo takes a bit longer:

Of course, lovers like to go hand in hand;

i literally said "not weeks or months." this is the future i was bringing to y'all's attention.
    This thread needs to be pinned. Even with Wemby the thread le remains true.
    ^ OP was reminding most of you how clueless you were/are.
    Mind illuminating us a bit further on how clueless we all are, and how the Spurs have the worst future, still, KingKev? Or are you too laying off the forum until the dust settles?

Last but not least (for now):

And I don't really see the argument to the contrary at present. We have a worse trajectory over the next 5 years than NO, Memphis, Dallas, OKC, and yes, even Houston given their recent draft picks and still large amount of future picks.

Keeping it factual only, gambit nailed this, and did so a long time ago. Props, gambit. I'm now on board the we suck train, too.
    You should make better evaluations on what trains you hop into, my guy offset formation. Taking boy's side will only lead you down this terrible takes path, and I don't want to see you there...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how they think that Houston is such a great city compared to San Antonio for a player to come and play. For Wenby, any city in the US is going to be a step down compared to Paris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't mind me bumping this thread in eternum, until OP decides to stop ing up and logs into his account to give me my respect.

Meanwhile, let's look at some takes that have aged like milk, and wine, in the thread:

Are you found yet, my guy? Do you see precisely what I was getting at? It's almost like two years was not the "future, future", and we had to wait a bit longer for the cards to play out...

God damn, look at this wine-aged take! Only thing I'm taking back is, no way I'm thanking OP or this thread for Wemby

Also let's give some flowers to an oft-hated member of the board, whose resilient homerism got him a W here:

Looks like it was less "homerism" and more "knowing how the cards are played", huh, Leetonidas? Maybe not declare the Spurs so definitely devoid of talent when they were purposefully tanking on one of the most coveted drafts of the modern era? But I guess it wasn't even debatable, huh...

Mind illuminating us a bit further on how clueless we all are, and how the Spurs have the worst future, still, KingKev? Or are you too laying off the forum until the dust settles?

You should make better evaluations on what trains you hop into, my guy offset formation. Taking boy's side will only lead you down this terrible takes path, and I don't want to see you there...
    You think this is some kinda gotcha or what? I literally said in the next paragraph that could all change with a top two pick. Nothing I said at the time of that post was incorrect. Kudos to you for spending your Saturday morning on this though

Seriously, aside from Wemby we don't have any blue chips or star players. Try again buddy. If our luck is a little worse and we're in Detroit spot I guarantee you aren't bumping this thread it's ing lame that you think you're vindicated when the discussions at that time in the thread were about the spurs AT THAT TIME. yeah you can talk all the you want now that we got Wemby, but if we didnt win the lotto you wouldnt be back here puffing your chest out. and considering its 100% luck based idk why you're acting like it was always guaranteed or some . because yeah, on 10/22/2022, before the spurs won the #1 pick, it was not debatable that the spurs had no blue chips or stars. them winning wemby sweepstakes doesnt somehow make that post not true when it was made
    Last edited by Leetonidas; 05-20-2023 at 11:27 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no he ain't, not close to, at least for now. You can read the pages/quotes where he explicitly explains that the point of his post hasn't happened yet - the future future.

You're falling into the same mistake he was: judging only the talent level of other teams' players in a vacuum, and adhering results to them. BBall isn't that straightforward; if all it took to win a ring was talent, the Kings and Wolves would've been fighting out the past decades' chips.

None of the teams you listed has made even a Conference Finals yet, and the Spurs are just now starting their rebuild. The thread was and will be predictably bumped, but OP and I both know this hasn't been settled yet.

for context, look at your post that i responded to in the quote you brought up to begin with.

-i agreed with the OP at the very beginning the season that everyone else looked to be better than us in the immediate future (true)
    -i said if we miss out on wemby or scoot, we're ed (true)
    -you go one some tangent about how none of the other teams have made the conference finals yet (which was FALSE, btw, since Luka was in the WCF last season)
    -i then respond to tell you're being homerish and of course our future can change with a top 2 pick but that, at that time, we did not have any blue chips or stars (still true)

What a GOTCHA post tho, amirite? c'mon son, there are better ways to spend your saturday morning. you're reaching for something that aint there

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Sugus pretending like he somehow knew beforehand spurs were getting the #1 pick rofl what a clown. Spurs end up at 4 with Amen Thompson and bro aint bumping in here lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sugus pretending like he somehow knew beforehand spurs were getting the #1 pick rofl what a clown. Spurs end up at 4 with Amen Thompson and bro aint bumping in here lmao
    Yup. It's like having an irresponsible broke ass friend talking about financial planning to his other friends who are just out of college because he purchased a lucky lotto ticket

Whatever though, we got Wemby and that's all that matters so i'll eat any amount of crow for that. Sugus can take his W

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    op would have had us trade derozan and LMA for picks, not develop white and murray because they weren't blue chip prospects, bottom out draft brandon ingram and we'd be a pretender class new orleans, miss wemby and bottom out. op would have had us sign over the hill "NAME" free agents to clog up the cap space.

What op never acknowledged was that tanking requires luck, otherwise it's it's own trap of mediocrity.

Spurs being mediocre ed up so many of you guys brains and you lost your . by waiting the spurs got maximum value of the mediocre players and tanked hard for a generational talent and got a reward. Dallas did that but screwed the second aprt in designing a team. Dallas was not patient. in other threads ive mentioned that the spurs need to speed up the talent acquisition to match Wemby's potential. That's a tricky scenario but the spurs have the tools to be patient while not wasting talent time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enjoy the off-season and let’s see how crazy this blows up in some posters faces

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nice one Sugus. I only wish you'd quoted the ENTIRETY of my post rather than the part you did which takes the context of time out of the equation.

Here's what I posted that you cut out for some odd reason:

He ain't wrong tho. We do have the worst future in our own division as of **this moment**

As of the writing of that post, we were about to endeavor upon our WORST season in the last 25 years. Become the worst defensive team EVER, after putting together 3 or 4 increasingly pathetic defensive seasons. We had just traded away our best player. Memphis, a very young ballclub, was coming off a very successful season. Dallas has Luka and was in the WCF last season. OKC has better young talent after several high draft picks and yet even more picks than any team in the league. And Houston which was OKC light and was about to enter the season with the 3rd pick after drafting the 2nd pick the year prior.

And surely you aren't going to be as bold as to try to cash out receipts only a couple days after tge fortuitous bounce of some ping pong balls landed us the potential third coming of NBA royalty? Surely you wouldn't leave out that EXTREMELY UNLIKELY development in your critique of all those you quoted, that is completely oblivious to this 14% steal.

So in all fairness, you're really gonna sit there and post this trash hit piece and disagree with a single word I posted above? And if you cant disagree with a word of it, then my take that as of "this moment," we didn't have the worst future?

We did. We got lucky. Count your blessings instead of trying to look down your nose at others here.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    right

i'm ecstatic the spurs landed wemby.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Enjoy the off-season and let’s see how crazy this blows up in some posters faces

Thread Information