Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    And wasn't this "prediction" for the "far off future, not just this season", tbh? At least don't make the backpedaling so evident, and wait a little more between bumps
    this thread is about the future.

i'm bumping it now because despite the spurs trying their best this season, they're almost behind the mavs and grizzlies in the standings. that's how bad things are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread is about the future.

i'm bumping it now because despite the spurs trying their best this season, they're almost behind the mavs and grizzlies in the standings. that's how bad things are.
    Nice missing the questions on my post, which you can't answer without putting to light how beyond stupid this thread is..... But ok.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Nice missing the questions on my post, which you can't answer without putting to light how beyond stupid this thread is..... But ok.
    iirc, you're too good of a poster to need me to spell everything out for you.

i already said, the rockets are as close to anyone to getting cade cunningham ---> http://www.tankathon.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans begging Kawhi to come back in the offseason.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    also, i never said the spurs future hinges on moving la + demar.

team is trash even with both of them healthy and playing. the whole point was that the spurs need AS MUCH HELP as they can get going forward. and guess what happened, they missed the boat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iirc, you're too good of a poster to need me to spell everything out for you.

i already said, the rockets are as close to anyone to getting cade cunningham ---> http://www.tankathon.com
    I'm too good of a poster for you to bull me around with non-answers, too

And the Rockettes tanking their way into Cade is absolutely irrelevant, and further speaks to how stupid this thread is: just as expected, their own pick(s) will probably end up being their best asset during the rebuild, just like they could/will be for the Spurs once they kick that can. Sure doesn't sound like they're planning on building around one of those late FRPs that make them have "a better future" than us...

But it also made me think of the sleek genius of the thread: since you didn't set up a goal to be achieved that would prove in fact which team ended up having the clear cut best future, you can bump this and move the goalpost for all eternity, since you'll forever have the alibi of "b-b-but this thread was for the future, future!!" and, barring an unlikely Spurs championship in the next few years, you'll always have that rhetorical wiggle room.

So, cheers, I guess. Just try not to bump the thread too much, it gets stale after a while.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'm too good of a poster for you to bull me around with non-answers, too
    i answered in the post above.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    this is the sad truth about ST:
    i point out that spurs should trade the vets ---> people jump on my neck ---> then it turns out those vets wanted out too

even if demar / lyles rumors were false... having those two on the floor and trying to be "good" if a fücking joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is the sad truth about ST:
    i point out that spurs should trade the vets ---> people jump on my neck ---> then it turns out those vets wanted out too

even if demar / lyles rumors were false... having those two on the floor and trying to be "good" if a fücking joke.
    No you're operating under bad faith rules where the teams trades always work out. Trades require both mutual asent and salary requirements. The whole thread is "imagine we had better players" without naming names. The reality is that the spurs wouldn't get back players better than lma and derozan and the picks wouldn't be franchise altering. We have like 7 first round picks on the team. Would we be better with 9?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    No you're operating under bad faith rules where the teams trades always work out. Trades require both mutual asent and salary requirements. The whole thread is "imagine we had better players" without naming names. The reality is that the spurs wouldn't get back players better than lma and derozan and the picks wouldn't be franchise altering. We have like 7 first round picks on the team. Would we be better with 9?
    ugh.

the whole point was that the spurs need AS MUCH HELP as they can get going forward. and guess what happened, they missed the boat.

We have like 7 first round picks on the team. Would we be better with 9?
    absolutely. it's called having more assets

9 > 7 if you didn't know

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    For real though the Pelicans look like trash without a lot of ways to fix their problems.
    could say that about the spurs too tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicants rubbing some players raw according to JJ Re ...

JJ Re not holding back on his podcast. On the Pelicans' front office:"I don't think you're going to get honesty from that front office, just objectively speaking - that's not an opinion. I don't think what happened with me is an isolated incident “

"I don't expect the agents who worked with me to ever trust that front office again"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is in his 15th year. He should know the game by now. Scrubs hardly have a say in where they get traded. This doesn’t hurt NO in any way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is in his 15th year. He should know the game by now. Scrubs hardly have a say in where they get traded. This doesn’t hurt NO in any way
    On another topic, surely Celtics aggressive trading of their players will have plenty of signees second guess them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On another topic, surely Celtics aggressive trading of their players will have plenty of signees second guess them.
    Yeah Ainge looks like right now. Dude traded away everyone and their mom. Both Kyrie and Gordon left. Kemba looks like a s of himself. That right there is what is killing them. Kemba was a bad contract with CHA and even worse in Boston. Can’t have a player shooting percentage the same as his contract value

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    RIP spurs1990

Somehow someway despite the jeckyl Hyde season the Spurs are winning the division after this Boston win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean you look around and you see Luka who is a generational talent and a franchise player. You see Ja Morant is becoming better and better and his pairing with JJJ looks really good for Memphis' future. Then you look at Zion and see him dropping like 26 a game on 68% shooting and looking more and more like a franchise player. Houston doing a proper tank job to maybe get their guy going forward.

And then there's us with no all-star, no franchise player, and no good draft pick to boot. We are also benching our youngsters for vets for no reason. Wtf are we even doing? But if you point that out, then you get laughed at and called dumb in the beginning of the thread... only to be proven right

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    This thread will be good for many bumps. No, the Spurs don’t have a top two like Luka/KP, Zion/Ingram or Ja/JJJ. But the depth, flexibility and upside the Spurs trot out is outstanding and should keep them compe ive with those teams.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    pelicans beat the 76ers, only three losses behind the spurs now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pelicans beat the 76ers, only three losses behind the spurs now.
    Too bad the Warriors couldn't pull it out tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors secretly tanking. Kerr pulling Curry for long spurts in the 2nd half, and right after the warriors came back and tied in the 4th. Then put him in the last couple minutes to cover.

Last edited by BatManu20; 04-10-2021 at 12:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine a 20 year old giving you 37 points, 15 rebounds, and 8 assists and not thinking this guy is gonna be a franchise player. Typical Spurstalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas has a 22 year old putting up 28points 9 assists and 8 rebounds.
    NO has a 20 year old giving them 26 points on 62% shooting. They are even starting to play him now as a point forward and he put up 28, 15, and 8 on his first try in a win.
    Memphis has a young stud in Ja Morant and even with their second best player injured all year, they have a better record than us.
    We better hope that Houston chooses the wrong guy in the draft and he is a bust (which is totally possible) bc if they get another young star like everyone besides the Spurs have, that puts us in the bottom future wise going forward.

We have a buncha c and B- players going forward. Spurs fans be wearing shades with how bright our future is going forward once we draft Devin Vassell 0.2 in this year's draft.

Thread Information