Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Beal is a 6ft4 sg that hasn't shot well for two years. He also couldn't lead his team to the play in despite having a 10-3 start. I don't get the love for Beal.
    i’m someone who was never high on beal.

but with that being said:
    • he can score and would complement murray
    • he’s loyal

i don’t blame him a ton for the wizards failures, he’s always had not good rosters.

there’s only so many players that the spurs can attain / keep. i think beal would appreciate a change of scenery and would be fine committing to san antonio.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i also haven’t looked up his stats. i’m sure there’s other options.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    so what was the total sum of what the spurs traded for? what picks did they get / might get?

also, why are Josh Richardson & Romeo Langford racking up DNPs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be telling after the next off season what they would do with their multiple picks, assets and huge cap space. I sincerely hope this season would be the last season that the Spurs would tank if everything go their way.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    hopefully they don't drop the ball on their high draft pick.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    no quick turnaround in sight, which is exactly why the spurs should'e blown it up years ago... so they'd be years ahead at this point.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    we'll see what happens, huh?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    homers will be like: "LOL, you were so were so wrong!! the rockets are worse."

okay, cool. the worst team in the league might be worse than the spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talk to me after this off-season..,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talk to me after this off-season..,,
    I literally had a fortune cookie read the same thing this weekend! Sans commas. Wild.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    bump.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    • mavs in the WCF
    • grizzlies are for real with their coaching
    • pelicans are for real with willie green coaching
    • rockets getting the #3 pick

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    For real though the Pelicans look like trash without a lot of ways to fix their problems.
    could say that about the spurs too tbh.
    pelicans pulled ahead like i suggested they would.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    never forget that i posted this thread when the spurs were on top.

Somehow someway despite the jeckyl Hyde season the Spurs are winning the division after this Boston win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are going to have to have a of an offseason to even have a hope of sniffing the play-in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    never forget that i posted this thread when the spurs were on top.
    Props to you. There was a time when you posted this I thought you were on crack, tbh. Plus I gave PATFO unjustifiable credit for how last years draftees would pan out. It's now pretty clear that Dallas and Memphis will continue to own us, and have a brighter near future, and will be challenging for LOBs for maybe the next 5 years or longer given they keep or add to their current rosters. Houston and OKC have a stockpile of not only young players with high ceilings but most importantly a load of draft picks that are likely to make them a huge pain in the ass in the very near future. OKC was already beating us before adding two top 12 picks this year, with more to come.

So, again, congrats to you for seeing that when some or even most of us were thinking we were looking good with a Murray, White, McDermott, Johnson, Poeltl lineup with Richardson, Jones, Vassell, Collins, Primo, and Walker as the primary backups. Now, at best, I'm only marginally excited about the future development of Murray, Johnson, Vassell, Primo, Jones, and *maybe* Langford. Thinking Poeltl and Walker will price themselves out of our cap situation.

So it comes down to what we get in this year's draft and front office moves if any glimmer of hope can still be there as the others clearly are ahead or passing us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to you. There was a time when you posted this I thought you were on crack, tbh. Plus I gave PATFO unjustifiable credit for how last years draftees would pan out. It's now pretty clear that Dallas and Memphis will continue to own us, and have a brighter near future, and will be challenging for LOBs for maybe the next 5 years or longer given they keep or add to their current rosters. Houston and OKC have a stockpile of not only young players with high ceilings but most importantly a load of draft picks that are likely to make them a huge pain in the ass in the very near future. OKC was already beating us before adding two top 12 picks this year, with more to come.

So, again, congrats to you for seeing that when some or even most of us were thinking we were looking good with a Murray, White, McDermott, Johnson, Poeltl lineup with Richardson, Jones, Vassell, Collins, Primo, and Walker as the primary backups. Now, at best, I'm only marginally excited about the future development of Murray, Johnson, Vassell, Primo, and Jones. Thinking Poeltl and Walker will price themselves out of our cap situation.

So it comes down to what we get in this year's draft and front office moves if any glimmer of hope can still be there as the others clearly are ahead or passing us.

Yup' spurs need a quality player or two out of this draft ,and a good fa wouldn't hurt either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the bump so soon, though? I thought you were talking about the future, future, huh? Or is the timeline just whatever convenes to you in the moment...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are going to have to have a of an offseason to even have a hope of sniffing the play-in
    They already were this year and will obviously be better next year with the youngsters getting more experienced + the 3 picks (whatever they make of it) + some cap + possible trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends how “savvy” the PATFO is with the 3 FRP’s, possible trade assets and big cap space, in expediting the rebuild. I had questions on Primo pick and still remains to be seen. I still would’ve liked them to have embraced a full-tank and possibly next year, and get the highest possible draft if they don’t get the players they’re looking for. But knowing the Spurs culture so well, I’ve grown to have accepted. I mean by the end of the day, they do best for the franchise as well as for the fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rockets have been worse than the Spurs since you posted this. So when does your future start cause the Spurs haven't finished worst in the division yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rockets have been worse than the Spurs since you posted this. So when does your future start cause the Spurs haven't finished worst in the division yet.
    no the trick is teams worse than spurs are tanking good, teams better are better. it's a can't lose for OP. It's not a secret he posted this after the spurs lost the lottery because he's not smart enough to determine whether 3 FRP picks exceeds Houstons pick.

There's a whole cadre of guys who insist the spurs have to WIN NOW in ways they can understand rather than organically grow. They throw the term "treadmill " around like the spurs wouldn't be smart enough to know how to get around that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no the trick is teams worse than spurs are tanking good, teams better are better. it's a can't lose for OP. It's not a secret he posted this after the spurs lost the lottery because he's not smart enough to determine whether 3 FRP picks exceeds Houstons pick.

There's a whole cadre of guys who insist the spurs have to WIN NOW in ways they can understand rather than organically grow. They throw the term "treadmill " around like the spurs wouldn't be smart enough to know how to get around that.
    Do you disagree with the premise raised or not though. Houston is clearly on a faster ramp upward, at least with the ceiling of their drafted players. Same could be said about OKC. Thus their trajectory may take them past us in the near term. Memphis and Dallas are clearly already ahead of us and will be for awhile if their GMs are even halfway competent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you disagree with the premise raised or not though. Houston is clearly on a faster ramp upward, at least with the ceiling of their drafted players. Same could be said about OKC. Thus their trajectory may take them past us in the near term. Memphis and Dallas are clearly already ahead of us and will be for awhile if their GMs are even halfway competent.
    "Houston is clearly on a faster ramp upward"... No.
    "Same could be said about OKC.... No.

Spurs can very well pick a quality starter PF at 9, pick quality rotation players at 20 & 25 or use them for a trade or move up in the draft, then sign a marquee FA this year or in the future, which will make them compe ive. It's also not out of the realm of possibilties than one or several of the current youngsters develop into quality players as well.

All that with in mind that there's no real superstars but a chunk of good players in this pretty geneous draft and you might end up with a better or equal player at 9 than 3, and a few good surprises in the late 20s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs have the worst future in their division
    They do until they don't
    You just never know.
    You can look at GS who flayed away for years with high draft picks until they nailed 2 in short period of time. Phoenix really blew a lot of loterry picks till they got Booker and then few other things fell into place. Wasn't their a thread about Utah's core being better now they are headed for a rebuild.

Thread Information