Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could say that about the spurs too tbh.
    I mean, if Spurs got a godfather offer for Leonard, and netted the number 1 pick. Just imagine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs and rockets are trying to make the playoffs.

point is, the rocket won't lose demar and la for nothing.
    yeah cause DeMar and LA don't play for them

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs and rockets are trying to make the playoffs.

point is, the rocket won't lose demar and la for nothing.
    spurs neither, gonna resign both or one of them+sign another old slow ass veteran via FA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if the Spurs' future depends on getting a heavily protected first or second-rounder for their old guys.
    It might. You never know what leads to lucking into a superstar/star.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a got, but he's right. Trading Derozan, Aldridge, and Mills nets us at least 3-4 first round picks. Better to tank than continue dreaming of a first round sweep.

Core of Dejounte, Keldon, Derrick, Lonnie, Vassell + 3-4 extra first round picks from other teams + our own lottery picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a got, but he's right. Trading Derozan, Aldridge, and Mills nets us at least 3-4 first round picks. Better to tank than continue dreaming of a first round sweep.

Core of Dejounte, Keldon, Derrick, Lonnie, Vassell + 3-4 extra first round picks from other teams + our own lottery picks
    Only way we get 3-4 firsts for the vets is if we take on some bad contracts. Derozan is probably the only player who would realistically net a first and an expiring. There are only 15 teams who can actually trade a 1st round pick currently. They are in historical short supply.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not enough teams buying to do that. Only 1 or 2 of Derozan, Aldridge, Mills and Gay get traded, because there's only a few teams in the market. But we should do trades - while being careful to keep the financial side of the house rosy even if it means taking back a later pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao smart, doubt. this post says other wise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the veterans that couldn't fetch an extra first-round pick in a mediocre draft are all of a sudden going to garner multiple firsts. Sometimes I think the denizens and trolls of ST don't realize how stupid they sound until they type.

Like someone already said, they likely can't fetch a first-round pick alone and will either need a young asset attached or the Spurs taking back bad contracts. No thanks to both of those scenarios, TBH.

To the point of this stupid thread (#1,000,00 for an ST troll), I think the "young core" of the Rockets is far worse, they sold the farm trying to get over the hump (acquiring Paul & Westbrook) & doing the bidding of (eventual) malcontent James Harden. Pretty sure they are looking at a miserable future unless something crazy happens.

Pelicans have better prospects (duh, they were all taken in the lottery), but the team construction and fit is dubious at this point. Plus, unless they move him before the deadline, it seems that Lonzo Ball is all but gone for nothing in return. They are off to another poor start in the "Zion Era" and definitely need to hit a homerun soon to get back on track.

Grizzlies are the biggest unknown until Jaren Jackson Jr. returns and we see if he can take a big leap. They also need to add more high quality prospects around Morant & Jackson Jr. Morant seems to have the highest upside (Doncic is already a star so not lumping him or Dallas with the rest) amongst all the young talent in the SW division.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 01-26-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubtful a trade for a first is even available

a. strong draft
    b. 15 teams can't trade 1st rounders
    c. only 5 contenders can trade
    d. some of those contenders are waiting for Bradley Beal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubtful a trade for a first is even available

a. strong draft
    b. 15 teams can't trade 1st rounders
    c. only 5 contenders can trade
    d. some of those contenders are waiting for Bradley Beal
    I think your B and C are the biggest impediments to a trade that Nets us 1st rounders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most basketball fans don’t give a darn about division standings anyway nor should they. All about the WC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the veterans that couldn't fetch an extra first-round pick in a mediocre draft are all of a sudden going to garner multiple firsts. Sometimes I think the denizens and trolls of ST don't realize how stupid they sound until they type.

Like someone already said, they likely can't fetch a first-round pick alone and will either need a young asset attached or the Spurs taking back bad contracts. No thanks to both of those scenarios, TBH.

To the point of this stupid thread (#1,000,00 for an ST troll), I think the "young core" of the Rockets is far worse, they sold the farm trying to get over the hump (acquiring Paul & Westbrook) & doing the bidding of (eventual) malcontent James Harden. Pretty sure they are looking at a miserable future unless something crazy happens.

Pelicans have better prospects (duh, they were all taken in the lottery), but the team construction and fit is dubious at this point. Plus, unless they move him before the deadline, it seems that Lonzo Ball is all but gone for nothing in return. They are off to another poor start in the "Zion Era" and definitely need to hit a homerun soon to get back on track.

Grizzlies are the biggest unknown until Jaren Jackson Jr. returns and we see if he can take a big leap. They also need to add more high quality prospects around Morant & Jackson Jr. Morant seems to have the highest upside (Doncic is already a star so not lumping him or Dallas with the rest) amongst all the young talent in the SW division.
    A lot of these traders don't even understand how the trades work. The four vets earn a total of 70 - 80 contracts do we really want bad contracts of that value to tie us down for next couple of years? Besides a team is unable to develop too many young players due to playing time and limited numbers of development coaches. Too many 2k players here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow someway despite the jeckyl Hyde season the Spurs are winning the division after this Boston win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see anyone in the division competing for a championship soon. Most aligned is Dallas, but they are closer to treadmill danger, with a budding superstar winning a lot of games but not enough support to push forward. Rockets will go down to the basement soon. Memphis seems like a nice team but are pieces away that won't ever appear. Spurs have good young talent and cap flexibility, but I'm not sure what the ceiling actually is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that's with the Spurs having an abysmal 5-4 record against losing teams. That is the worst record of any winning team. Every team currently above SA in the conference have won at least four more games than they've lost against the worst teams in the league. If SA had won even just the Rockets and Wolves games, they'd be within spitting distance of the top seed right now. The good teams aren't the problem. SA's 5-4 record against teams .500 and above is literally the fourth-best in the whole league. They are beating good teams, but they are losing to bad teams, and that has to stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that's with the Spurs having an abysmal 5-4 record against losing teams. That is the worst record of any winning team. Every team currently above SA in the conference have won at least four more games than they've lost against the worst teams in the league. If SA had won even just the Rockets and Wolves games, they'd be within spitting distance of the top seed right now. The good teams aren't the problem. SA's 5-4 record against teams .500 and above is literally the fourth-best in the whole league. They are beating good teams, but they are losing to bad teams, and that has to stop.
    That's a mark of a young team, where the vets generally cannot win games on their own. People about this win against Boston, or whatever other victory, but learning how to win these games is paramount. As a note, the Spurs have already faced the LAL three times, which is significant. They should have won another against the Lakers, too, just lost by a couple of plays. (If LMA played, I think the Spurs win.) Most of the league is mired somewhere around .500 right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far we have faced the 2nd toughest schedule because of LAL 3x , LAC and UTA and almost tops in western conference games played.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    get as high as you want with RS wins.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Somehow someway despite the jeckyl Hyde season the Spurs are winning the division after this Boston win

um... ja was injured... and the rockets were dealing with harden... AND the maverick will NOT stay under the spurs

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    They are beating good teams, but they are losing to bad teams, and that has to stop.
    WHO GIVES A SH!T

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs win a game and people blow off the entire premise of the thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs win a game and people blow off the entire premise of the thread
    Pretty sure they were blowing off the thread anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has no clue why people are excited about the team because he doesn't even watch the ing games. People should stop paying attention to this moron.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    BUMP

Thread Information