Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the would KD want to go to Houston though? Does Houston really want to give up a lot for a dude that likely doesnt' want to be there?
    Fair question but after KD asking for those teammates who burned BKY and asking for a coach to be fired and getting everything he wants and still asking for a trade and not seeing it through? What he wants goes out the window some since he’s under contract (like Kawhi having to go to TOR vs where he wanted).

HOU can give up a bunch of BKY picks and still have their own which is really nice. Sure, would giving up those picks to BKY sting if KD left in 2 years? Ya, but they would still have a nice stash of picks too in that even and cap space and probably most of their young core (guessing they may have to send one of Jabari or Jalen Green with BKYs picks back).

HOU would still have some space and picks to trade for a running mate KD likes to try and really leap too.

Just saying it makes some sense but who knows where KD head is at

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man this year is super important for us to win the damn lottery. Bc Lakers might give NO a top 3 pick and Brooklyn might give the Rockets a number one pick in the coming years.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if the season ended today then what’s the worst pick the spurs could end up with? #3? #5?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the season ended today then what’s the worst pick the spurs could end up with? #3? #5?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The math is simple: add 4 to the position of team record (worst to best), capped at 14. So if we finish with he 3rd worst record, worst possible pick is 3 + 4 = 7, corresponding to the case where the top 4 lottery spots are awarded to teams with a better record than yours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is about Spurs and their division opponents' near term future. His post was perfectly germane to this thread
    my post was ultimately about the rockets' picks. which is directly related to this thread.
    the problem is nobody gives a about this thread except OP. all he does is bump the thread to stroke himself

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    the problem is nobody gives a about this thread except OP. all he does is bump the thread to stroke himself

there's so many posts because i replied to everyone. there were a lot of people thought this thread was insane. it was nearly everyone.

and the post i made is even more relevant now:
    it'll be interesting to see if the nets move KD and have a reset.

bad news for the nets is good news for the rockets.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurraider21, MIA.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurraider21 before KD got traded:

spurraider21
    after KD got traded:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread needs to be pinned. Even with Wemby the thread le remains true.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    DPG21920 in 2023, catching on after two years of disagreeing with me, like usual:
    I am going to jump off of a very high cliff if HOU lands Wemby lol

Mavs: Generational talent in Luka

NO: Possible multi all nba maybe MVP caliber if healthy Zion + extra picks

MEM: Franchise engine in Ja and JJJ

HOU: Generational talent possibly in Wemby + all of imploded BKY picks

SA: Khem Birch and a lottery protected pick lmao
    me, in 2021:
    mavs have luka
    griz have ja
    pels have zion
    rockets have picks

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread was spot on when it was started.

Spurs have sunk to the bottom and have to get lucky in the draft to bail themselves out now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tag your favourite sniffer….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DPG21920 in 2023, catching on after two years of disagreeing with me, like usual:

me, in 2021:
    Spurs still ahead of Rockets IMVHO. But ya, if they land Wemby they leap SA. NO looks rocky but of course they are ahead if their guys stay healthy. I don’t think SA future looks bad and things can change fast to move SA into that same tier(s)

Also what? I don’t remember even posting in this thread Where did I disagree in this thread too much?
    Last edited by DPG21920; 02-15-2023 at 01:51 PM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously, the Kawhi debacle set us back, though how the FO reacted was much more of the problem. However, Pop was going for his record so the franchise future was put in limbo. He deserved to do that for all he's done, but the DDR years were awful, worse than now in my opinion. As to the beginning of this thread, I remember most ting on the OP because he seems like a troll but his point had some merit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously, the Kawhi debacle set us back, though how the FO reacted was much more of the problem. However, Pop was going for his record so the franchise future was put in limbo. He deserved to do that for all he's done, but the DDR years were awful, worse than now in my opinion. As to the beginning of this thread, I remember most ting on the OP because he seems like a troll but his point had some merit.
    Nobody was trashing OP for making a point, but for the way he stated it as an absolute fact, with mostly irrelevant arguments, bumping his own thread every other insignificant stuff was happening to self glorify about the fact spurs HAD the worst future...

Truth is chance or hazard will have a big part in determining who has the best furure... Obviously whoever draft wemby is on a better road. This isn't an exact science and a lot of things can happen anyway (drafts, injuries...) and certainly not what some forum members can make ultimate judgments about...

And if you look at all the division teams, no one can really say where they'll be in 4 or 5 years... HOU is publicly dysfonctional and NO may have a problem with Zion...
    Last edited by JPB; 02-15-2023 at 03:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ OP was reminding most of you how clueless you were/are.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody was trashing OP for making a point, but for the way he stated it as an absolute fact, with mostly irrelevant arguments, bumping his own thread every other insignificant stuff was happening to self glorify about the fact spurs HAD the worst future...

Truth is chance or hazard will have a big part in determining who has the best furure... Obviously whoever draft wemby is on a better road. This isn't an exact science and a lot of things can happen anyway (drafts, injuries...) and certainly not what some forum members can make ultimate judgments about...

And if you look at all the division teams, no one can really say where they'll be in 4 or 5 years... HOU is publicly dysfonctional, NO may have a problem with Zion, OK possibly with Chet and a GM who doesn't seem to be able to really make something with all the picks he collects...
    Fair points. We have a much more stable organization with FO and owners on the same page. The Rockets owner is a , and on a side note owns some of the more obnoxious restaurants on the Riverwalk so that's another reason for locals at least to not like him. And so while HOU has had better drafting opportunities, I don't think they will do better. But I'm not here to defend the OP. I wasn't paying attention to most of the back and forth, but I do recall others upset at the post for a variety of reasons, from "truth hurts" to the OP being disingenuous. I think the original post became more true over time when we traded everyone away, but then that is simply part of our rebuild. Anyway. Just rambling here.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Nobody was trashing OP for making a point
    try looking at the first ten pages of this thread maybe ??

and then try looking at every page since then?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

And if you look at all the division teams, no one can really say where they'll be in 4 or 5 years... HOU is publicly dysfonctional and NO may have a problem with Zion...
    no one asked for a retärd's take.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    My take was wildy retärded, no wonder Sugus and DPG21920 agree with it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm only here to talk about how bad the rockets are. Jabari pushing and shouting at Sengun on defense is the latest on the circus. You know your locker room is bad when your rookie shouts at everybody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My take was wildy retärded, no wonder Sugus and DPG21920 agree with it.
    My god, are you 12? what a pathetic way to bump your own thread for the upteenth time. Have you got such little self validation IRL that you must resort to this mess of a thread every time?

I'm only here to talk about how bad the rockets are. Jabari pushing and shouting at Sengun on defense is the latest on the circus. You know your locker room is bad when your rookie shouts at everybody.
    That's an excellent use for the thread, tbh. Yeah the Rockettes' locker room is dog . It's already impacting the growth of their "star prospects" and will be terribly hard to correct moving forward. That culture is rotten to the core.

I sincerely hope they don't get Wemby, even if we don't get him either. There's no worse team for him to come and develop than Houston, even Charlotte would be better right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one asked for a retärd's take.
    And yet, you keep giving it to us.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were many in the early days of this thread who never believed the Spurs would reach the lows that they have reached now.

Thread Information