Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Now if you're talking about Aaron Rodgers to the Raiders then that's a whole different dynamic. You're talking about a transcendent QB who can take a terrible defense, mediocrely coached team to 13-3 and perennial contention as long as he's healthy.

Watson on the other hand? Good slate of receivers, good offense... terrible defense, bad coaching staff, 4-12. Not a transcendent QB. Watson and Carr are both solid QBs but winning with them requires a good overall team, you can't just have a trashy defense and OL and/or coaching staff and expect to win double digits and make the playoffs every year like a Brady/Mahomes/Rodgers.
    watson is 12 years younger. i love rodgers but selling the farm for 3-4 years isn't worth. theres no guarantee he'll have brady's longevity. with watson you can bank on a decade

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Mahomes has had one of the worst olines in the NFL all year, granted his WR/TE corps is elite, but the Chiefs defense is also suspect, good coach, above average special teams. But with Watson that would stack up to around 9-7. With Mahomes, 14-1 and two bye weeks.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    watson is 12 years younger. i love rodgers but selling the farm for 3-4 years isn't worth. theres no guarantee he'll have brady's longevity. with watson you can bank on a decade
    You can't really "bank on a decade" with a guy who puts his body in jeopardy as much as a Watson/Jackson tbh.

Rodgers might not have Brady's longevity but he's smart AF and knows how not to get injured trying to compete for a critical first down, especially at this point in his career post-Anthony Barr collision

Watson or Prescott for a decade is fine but at Tier 2 salary, not Tier 1, because they are QBs you need the right parts around to win and contend for a SB. Not necessarily 2017 Eagles level roster where a Tier 3 QB could win a SB but at least ample, which the Raiders don't have especially on defense

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Top 5 doesn't go 4-12 when healthy all 16 games, I don't care how bad his defense or coaching staff is. Transcendent QBs don't go 4-12 healthy regardless of the team around him. (And Watson had some damn good receivers in Houston, even without Dropkins.) Top 5 QBs are transcendent.
    watson did have good receivers and parlayed that into 4800 yards and 33 TDs without factoring in rushing.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    You can't really "bank on a decade" with a guy who puts his body in jeopardy as much as a Watson/Jackson tbh.

Rodgers might not have Brady's longevity but he's smart AF and knows how not to get injured trying to compete for a critical first down, especially at this point in his career post-Anthony Barr collision

Watson or Prescott for a decade is fine but at Tier 2 salary, not Tier 1, because they are QBs you need the right parts around to win and contend for a SB. Not necessarily 2017 Eagles level roster where a Tier 3 QB could win a SB but at least ample, which the Raiders don't have especially on defense
    watson is more wilson than jackson

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    1) Brady
    2) Mahomes
    3) Rodgers
    4) Allen
    5) Wilson

6-10 is really sketchy... that's where Tier 2 starts IMO. Big Ben, Lawrence, Stafford, Watson, Carr, Ryan, Mayfield, even Jackson all deserve consideration... but where? Not much separation there IMO. And Prescott isn't even Tier 2 until he proves it coming back from the broken leg.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    watson is more wilson than jackson
    Maybe in 2020; I didn't catch much of Houston this past year because they sucked, and Watson didn't elevate them to wins like great QBs do. He lost all the close games which makes him a Tier 2 QB.

All I know is I remember Watson tearing his knee trying to make a play in mid 2017, being constantly hurt in 2018, getting poked in the eye trying to make a play in 2019 (against the Raiders!) and going 4-12 last year.

I don't care about how bad his D or HC were. I don't. Rodgers played with a suckass D and fat mike for a decade and consistently won when he wasn't injured. Mahomes won a super bowl with a suckass D and a lousy offensive line and running game.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Long story short...

If Watson goes to a contender, a team like the Bears or Colts who's a "QB away" he'll look like a Tier 1 QB if they make a deep playoff run.

If Watson goes to a team like the Jets, and the Jets have to trade all their premium draft capital in the process, the Jets will improve from 2 wins to 4 and wonder what the went wrong. Because they're the Jets and a talent-starved roster. And Watson will be proven as another overpaid Tier 2 guy. (Cousins is arguably Tier 2 / Tier 3 depending on the day.)

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Might do the sober Super Bowl

Back in Bucs/Raiders. I was with my lovegirl. Cool remebering.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Might do the sober Super Bowl

Back in Bucs/Raiders. I was with my lovegirl. Cool remebering.
    Which one? the Polish one or the Jewish one or the Latina one or the Southeast Asian ladyboy?

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    can’t believe Brady made the POS again and this time with freaking buccs so much for the Brady is a belli system player

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Top 5 doesn't go 4-12 when healthy all 16 games, I don't care how bad his defense or coaching staff is. Transcendent QBs don't go 4-12 healthy regardless of the team around him. (And Watson had some damn good receivers in Houston, even without Dropkins.) Top 5 QBs are transcendent.
    Didn't Rodgers go like 6-10 one season after already being a SB winner? Similar with Brady who missed the playoffs after winning his first?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Didn't Rodgers go like 6-10 one season after already being a SB winner? Similar with Brady who missed the playoffs after winning his first?
    Brady went 9-7 and the defense was injury plagued. But still should have been good enough for a WC spot. Would have in today's league.

Rodgers did have a 6-9-1 season in 2018, but that was after he mailed it in due to wanting to get McCarthy booted out of town. Plus incredibly/historically difficult mid season schedule

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

whose cah we gonna take? Boston Pancake's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Chefs 38
    Tampon Gay 3

TOM SHADY AND ROB McGRONK, THE TWO BIGGEST TRAITORS SINCE ADAM VINA I & BENEDICT FAHKIN ARNOLD, WILL NEVER WIN WITHOUT BILLY McBELICHICK!!!!!!!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Chefs 38
    Tampon Gay 3
    Imagine if that's the score at halftime and Brady scores five TDs in a row, the Bucs shutout the Chiefs in the second half and the Bucs get the ball first and Tampa Tom throws a TD in overtime. Imagine the legend!!

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    kansas city child killers should lose

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    drew pearson in the HOF?

that guys like Pearson and Swann are in the hall but not Cliff Branch is just absurd

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I got:

Chiefs 35
    Bucs 24

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    All my bros betting Bucs. I think the Chiefs battered offensive line and the awful Chiefs goal line defense; could be difference.

I think the Chiefs are primed for a humbling. On and off the field. Maybe they still eventually deserve the le of greatness but not yet and not after last years Super Bowl performance.

Bucs - upper 30s
    Chiefs - mid 30s

Another classic game

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Happy Big Game Day!! Happy Super Bowl Sunday!!!

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    don't care who wins but we can all celebrate the Aints and Fraudgers once again not playing

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    don't care who wins but we can all celebrate the Aints and Fraudgers once again not playing
    And Belicheat, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tonight I'll be in Fort Worth near keller with my best friend, his wife and friends from our old paintball team back in our UNT days, watching the game eating playing pool boozing it up, so likely won't be active on here during the game this year. But I'll sure as be watching.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    My heart wants to see Tommy get one more. But the Chiefs juggernaut is just impossible to beat right now. You have to play a perfect game to have a chance to beat them, and you still might lose. And the Bucs, despite getting here, haven’t shown that they can consistently execute at that level. Brady got here, not because he played at a championship level, but because Brees/Rodgers proved to be bigger TOSB’s than him.

Thread Information