Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

GOAT of the Past/Present
    , vs. GOAT of the Future... for all the marbles, down in Tampa. Who wins it all?!????!?

I would be happy for both, quite frankly and don't have a particular rooting interest at this point, now that the team(s) I hate are eliminated and it's down to these two.

Who wins it all?

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    LETS GOOOOOOOO

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Your jinx didn't work.

Give up your schtick, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'd personally be OK with either team winning. I actually like both QBs. Smugface Rodgers is out + the annoying obnoxious cheesehead fans are out = I'm good.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Rockets. Harden and Paul would've found a way to choke regardless of who they played.
    Exactly. I think Utah Jazz with Malone and Stockton is a better example.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Prepare for a decade of contention son.
    But it'll likely take a Mahomes injury at the right time (or a one-off season ending injury like the one Brady had in '08) for the Bills to actually make the Super Bowl. They play in the conference with the perennially better QBs (though the NFC has generally better defenses and running games).

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    NFC has the GOAT this year though.

Official prediction:

Bucs 37
    Chiefs 34

Final - OT.

MVP - Tom Brady with 3 TD, 1 INT, 300+ yards passing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Leggo Bucs

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

GOAT of the Past/Present
    , vs. GOAT of the Future... for all the marbles, down in Tampa. Who wins it all?!????!?

I would be happy for both, quite frankly and don't have a particular rooting interest at this point, now that the team(s) I hate are eliminated and it's down to these two.

Who wins it all?
    Yes. Agree 100% with your post. Personally, I like both Mahomes and Brady. Brady's youtube highlight hooked me to watch football and I'm New England fan ever since. Meanwhile Mahomes is arguably the most talented and entertaining athlete I've ever seen. I watch every single KC's game. Mahomes is must-see tv. No matter the outcome, I simply can't lose. Either Brady wins 7th and becomes more accomplished athlete than Jordan, or Mahomes wins 2nd and becomes clear goat candidate.

Outcome? I don't know. KC has weak oline and Bucs pass-rush destroyed Packers strong oline. But Mahomes is more mobile than Rodgers right now and Mahomes is also better thrower of the football under pressure. Bucs offense is strong but not that intimidating. KC has average defense, but this defense was pretty good in the playoffs.

Tampa is more balanced team with better defense and Mahomes is slightly hobbled. But in the end, I think KC will outscore the Bucs, even if Mahomes isn't 100% healthy

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yes. Agree 100% with your post. Personally, I like both Mahomes and Brady. Brady's youtube highlight hooked me to watch football and I'm New England fan ever since. Meanwhile Mahomes is arguably the most talented and entertaining athlete I've ever seen. I watch every single KC's game. Mahomes is must-see tv. No matter the outcome, I simply can't lose. Either Brady wins 7th and becomes more accomplished athlete than Jordan, or Mahomes wins 2nd and becomes clear goat candidate.

Outcome? I don't know. KC has weak oline and Bucs pass-rush destroyed Packers strong oline. But Mahomes is more mobile than Rodgers right now and Mahomes is also better thrower of the football under pressure. Bucs offense is strong but not that intimidating. KC has average defense, but this defense was pretty good in the playoffs.

Tampa is more balanced team with better defense and Mahomes is slightly hobbled. But in the end, I think KC will outscore the Bucs, even if Mahomes isn't 100% healthy
    Rodgers had some brilliant throws under pressure too. Rodgers also has equal or better mobility than a hobbled Mahomes with a coach that doesn't like to risk him too much.

However Rodgers pussied out of running for the game-tying touchdown when he had a ton of space to his two o'clock with only 8 yards to go. That's why he's not the MVP IMO despite his 48 TD / 5 INT season. Great numbers on paper but small time when it counts.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Your jinx didn't work.

Give up your schtick, tbh.
    Ah forgot to switch teams tbh

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Where do I throwup?

Give me a few days

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Losing Fisher is huge. The only way Tampa has a chance is if Barrett & JPP dominate, and Fisher’s injury just made that easier.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Rodgers had some brilliant throws under pressure too. Rodgers also has equal or better mobility than a hobbled Mahomes with a coach that doesn't like to risk him too much.

However Rodgers pussied out of running for the game-tying touchdown when he had a ton of space to his two o'clock with only 8 yards to go. That's why he's not the MVP IMO despite his 48 TD / 5 INT season. Great numbers on paper but small time when it counts.
    I think Rodgers is much less athletic than he was in 2016 for example. I feel like even hobbled Mahomes is faster at this point. But I'm not sure

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Where do I throwup?

Give me a few days
    Why're you dislike Mahomes so much?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why're you dislike Mahomes so much?
    He's chill tbh. Another Wilson

Team is incredibly arrogant. Reminds me of Seahawks

I guess this post exposes me as GO BUCS! In 2002 i rooted for Raiders.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 01-25-2021 at 03:52 PM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

San Diego Lyfe

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    #TheGOATBowl

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    1997 flashbawks

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Andy Reid too smart

Mahomes too Mahomes

Chiefs bbq

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Losing Fisher is huge. The only way Tampa has a chance is if Barrett & JPP dominate, and Fisher’s injury just made that easier.
    Monostradamus who we on?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Monostradamus who we on?
    Bucs. Mahomes with the sore foot might be a pocket statue. Barrett/JPP/Vea and the blitzing LBs are like sharks in the water, and Mahomes is the shark food.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This will be key. Reid needs to come up with a game plan to minimize TB's biggest strength: their D-line. Between that widely lopsided matchup and Lucky Tom's seemingly endless fortune, I can smell the upset from a mile away.
    Will Hunting it's time to get in here and #CancelCulture the "Lucky Tom" hoax once and for all #10SuperBowlsDontLie

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    From an interest standpoint, it's about as good as it gets. Young Pat Mahomes against the old GOAT. Plenty of offensive talent on both sides of the field.
    Imo, it all comes down to defense. If the Bucs can get some stops, I think they win.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    From an interest standpoint, it's about as good as it gets. Young Pat Mahomes against the old GOAT. Plenty of offensive talent on both sides of the field.
    Imo, it all comes down to defense. If the Bucs can get some stops, I think they win.
    100% Agreed. Neither offensive line is really elite (example of elite O-Lines: 2017 Eagles Super Bowl, 2014-2016 Cowboys, 2014 Packers, 2020 Packers before Bakhtiari's injury) but TB's is far better than KC's. Bucs will get some stops in the second half, like they did last game and in their first meeting, even if the Chiefs jump on them early. The Chiefs have the tendency to get figured out on offense in second halves of games this year. It will bite them in the end.

Even Atlanta "figured them out" in the second half of that game the Chiefs needed to clinch the conference regular season le, tbh. Yes, the same Atlanta defense that gave up 400 second half yards to Dak Prescott in the same season.

Thread Information