Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Just figured that one out? This is his version of LaMarcus’s hip injury.

No funeral lasts for a week, and he’s no good if he gets injured.
    I actually thought he'd be back during this road trip at some point. I absolutely do not mind if they are trying to trade him, but I didn't think they were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you lose a loved one you should have all the time in the world to comeback but it’s weird that pop said he thought he’d be back for the game tomorrow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you lose a loved one you should have all the time in the world to comeback but it’s weird that pop said he thought he’d be back for the game tomorrow
    isolation period before he can return to the team and they just dont care to specify is my honest guess

it's kind of interesting to think of the possibilities but i think its the simplest answer here thats reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Just figured that one out? This is his version of LaMarcus’s hip injury.

No funeral lasts for a week, and he’s no good if he gets injured.
    Something's cookin'

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Pop expect him back? If so, I doubt they're holding him out then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Pop expect him back? If so, I doubt they're holding him out then.
    don’t remember his exact quote but it was something like we’re hoping to have him back available on Friday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, hip and vomit injuries are one thing... Using death/ funeral as an excuse, though? Boundaries, guys... I think y'all are reaching.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I know lots of people who have missed weeks of work after a parent passed away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I know lots of people who have missed weeks of work after a parent passed away
    Those friends probably don’t make 28mil a year, or about 300k per game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He already had time off for his dad's passing, came back and left again for funeral. So in my mind he was already gone for the hard part

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he has clinical depression, he may need more time than typical. We are all different so when it comes to mourning, who is to say what's typical. Or his name may be in trade talks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, hip and vomit injuries are one thing... Using death/ funeral as an excuse, though? Boundaries, guys... I think y'all are reaching.
    Fair enough. I didn't mean anything bad by it. Different people take different amounts of time. I guess you can't say how long someone should take.

Yeah, you're right. I guess I am used to Tim Duncan coming back after having one game off and playing like a beast the rest of the games he played that season in the playoffs.

If he has clinical depression, he may need more time than typical. We are all different so when it comes to mourning, who is to say what's typical. Or his name may be in trade talks.
    Very good points you've raised. I didn't think about the depression thing, so yeah, I won't be saying much more on the matter. Will wait for him to return to the court when he's ready (if that is the Spurs plan to not trade him and keep him). I am also assuming he would have probably come back if it was the playoffs and tried to play sooner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, he's not getting traded by the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, he's not getting traded by the deadline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ and Patty out tonight for rest- Paul Garcia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tom Orsborn
    Tom_orsborn
    2m
    Spurs injury report for Monday night vs. Hornets is limited to Bates-Diop (hamstring, out).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tom Orsborn
    Tom_orsborn
    2m
    Spurs injury report for Monday night vs. Hornets is limited to Bates-Diop (hamstring, out).
    LaMelo is out for season with broken wrist! That sucks!! Enjoyed watching him play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMelo is out for season with broken wrist! That sucks!! Enjoyed watching him play.
    Wow, that sucks. He looked like a really legit player this season so far. Would him missing the rest of season affect his chance to win ROY? Happy for him since he's done so well in the NBA so far as he played in the AUS Basketball league before being drafted (I didn't watch any of his games, though). If you guys remember Bryce Cotton, he plays on the Championship NBL team (he's won multiple championships here).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, that sucks. He looked like a really legit player this season so far. Would him missing the rest of season affect his chance to win ROY? Happy for him since he's done so well in the NBA so far as he played in the AUS Basketball league before being drafted (I didn't watch any of his games, though). If you guys remember Bryce Cotton, he plays on the Championship NBL team (he's won multiple championships here).
    I do remember Bryce Cotton! Small guard, so fast on the floor, 3pt range. Glad he found a home in NBL. Don't think the injury will keep Ball from winning ROY. Haliburton has fallen back, and even though Edwards is playing much better than earlier in the season, the Kings and Wolves aren't making the playoffs. The Hornets will. With LaMelo, they could have been a 4/5 seed. But I still think Charlotte will make the playoffs, and that will be enough for Ball to win ROY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sucked seeing KBD pull his hammy in the game. I know he is not a volume player but he has length and gave us some depth.

It won't happen before the trade/buy out of LMA but we need a live body of someone who can play center for depth. We would be in a world of hurt if Jakob or even Drew went down for an injury and with the compact schedule watching Rudy and Lyles play the five will be painful.

Cam Reynolds is the logical guy to replace KBD while he is out.
    BUMP

Once in awhile a blind squirrel finds a nut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tom Orsborn
    Tom_orsborn
    33m
    Spurs injury report lists Vassell (sprained right ankle) as probable for Monday night vs. Kings. Walker (sore right wrist) and Bates-Diop (strained right hamstring) are out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I like him mocking this. He should be grateful fans are supporting him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I like him mocking this. He should be grateful fans are supporting him.
    Eh, I read it as his injury not being as bad as the original tweet is making it out to be...and that's a good thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    clutchpoints loves their dramatic photo edits

He was making a joke about it. Fans thought the joke was funny. It’s all good.

Thread Information