Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random thoughts:

- We may not see some of these guys until post all-star break.

- I'm hoping they stagger Tre and Patty's minutes somewhat.

- Would Pop consider starting Tre and DJ in the back court together?

- Stab in the dark (and a long shot, granted) - Tre, DJ, Lonnie, Sham and Poeltl starting with Patty first sub in at 7 - 8 min mark for Tre...

My thinking is to ease the transition to the main club, it would help to keep the chemistry/continuity of Tre and Sham together in the rotation.
    Pop has a penchant to keep some form of continuity amongst bench rotations. Patty would be that guy.

No disrespect to the Thunder, but would be one of the better teams to experience an experimental lineup change against.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn!! We have not shot winning that game.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF? All the team's talent sans Murray is out. Might as well let Aldridge keep sitting and say they can't field an 8 man roster.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Jesus...instead of netting some easy wins against cupcake teams and fluffing our W/L record, we now have half of our team and mostly our best rotation players out thanks to that re that foul out in 10 minutes what a turn of events

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus...instead of netting some easy wins against cupcake teams and fluffing our W/L record, we now have half of our team and mostly our best rotation players out thanks to that re that foul out in 10 minutes what a turn of events
    And it's the good half of the team out (other than Murray). This season is such a ing joke, yeah let's play it in stadiums with fans right after American heads met in large groups for Christmas and New Years in a raging pandemic. They should have done the ing bubble again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random thoughts:

- We may not see some of these guys until post all-star break.

- I'm hoping they stagger Tre and Patty's minutes somewhat.

- Would Pop consider starting Tre and DJ in the back court together?

- Stab in the dark (and a long shot, granted) - Tre, DJ, Lonnie, Sham and Poeltl starting with Patty first sub in at 7 - 8 min mark for Tre...

My thinking is to ease the transition to the main club, it would help to keep the chemistry/continuity of Tre and Sham together in the rotation.
    Pop has a penchant to keep some form of continuity amongst bench rotations. Patty would be that guy.

No disrespect to the Thunder, but would be one of the better teams to experience an experimental lineup change against.
    Are Tre and Luka even going to be available? I thought they were still in the bubble...I guess they can leave but then can they not go back?

ty situation when the team was actually starting to put things together.

EDIT: NVM answered my own question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    16-11 now, 16-16 by the start of the All Star break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my we’re screwed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless I’m mistakened shouldn’t the other guys be back soonish tho? Like they’ve been quarantined since the 15th right, that would be at least 9 days quarantined from then to Wednesday’s game, isn’t it typically a 14 day quarantine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forecasting the starters and depth chart with 5 rotational players out:

Standard Depth Chart with full roster:
    PG - Murray, Mills, Jones
    SG - W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ , Walker, Samanic
    SF - D̶e̶R̶o̶z̶a̶n̶ , V̶a̶s̶s̶e̶l̶l̶ , Diop
    PF - J̶o̶h̶n̶s̶o̶n̶ , G̶a̶y̶ , Lyles
    C - Aldridge, Poetle, Eubanks

Depth Chart with players out:

PG - Murray, Jones
    SG - Walker, Mills
    SF - Lyles, Samanic
    PF - Eubanks, Diop
    C - Aldridge, Poetle

I think coach runs a 9-man rotation, with Samanic hopefully getting more minutes than either Lyles or Eubanks.
    Should be plenty of scoring from Murray, Walker, Mills, and Aldridge - with any of them capable of 20+ a night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Win-Win IMO

Develop kids

If we lose - higher draft pick and Franz Wagner is more attainable
    If we win - Tre & Luka showing they belong and we deep, baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forecasting the starters and depth chart with 5 rotational players out:

Standard Depth Chart with full roster:
    PG - Murray, Mills, Jones
    SG - W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ , Walker, Samanic
    SF - D̶e̶R̶o̶z̶a̶n̶ , V̶a̶s̶s̶e̶l̶l̶ , Diop
    PF - J̶o̶h̶n̶s̶o̶n̶ , G̶a̶y̶ , Lyles
    C - Aldridge, Poetle, Eubanks

Depth Chart with players out:

PG - Murray, Jones
    SG - Walker, Mills
    SF - Lyles, Samanic
    PF - Eubanks, Diop
    C - Aldridge, Poetle

I think coach runs a 9-man rotation, with Samanic hopefully getting more minutes than either Lyles or Eubanks.
    Should be plenty of scoring from Murray, Walker, Mills, and Aldridge - with any of them capable of 20+ a night.
    Samanic at SG/SF? WTF!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ, Tre
    Mills,
    Lonnie, KBD
    Lyles, Luka
    Jakob, Eubank

Can’t they sign Renfro on a 10 day? I don’t even care about Aldridge. He’s a net negative player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ, Tre
    Mills,
    Lonnie, KBD
    Lyles, Luka
    Jakob, Eubank

Can’t they sign Renfro on a 10 day? I don’t even care about Aldridge. He’s a net negative player
    Tomorrow is when they can start signing players to 10 day contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless I’m mistakened shouldn’t the other guys be back soonish tho? Like they’ve been quarantined since the 15th right, that would be at least 9 days quarantined from then to Wednesday’s game, isn’t it typically a 14 day quarantine
    I think they'll also need to have multiple negative tests days in between each other. Whatever testing happened for Q before his return definitely wasn't thorough enough, so here we are.

They'll hopefully do a much better job with all the guys out & no one will have any serious complications. *fingers crossed*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ, Tre
    Mills,
    Lonnie, KBD
    Lyles, Luka
    Jakob, Eubank

i think the defense is there, as long as Aldridge does not play. And we have enough firepower. Lonnie needs to get medieval again. Samanic can be effective if given enough burn. I hope Demar is back against the Pelicans. Hopefully all 15 players are back on the 14th day against the Nets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Renfro as a possible long - term project, but I'd hope they try to sign someone with more NBA experience. They're in desperate need of a wing or another scoring guard to help carry the offense.

Could be a tough week & a half either way, TBH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the defense is there, as long as Aldridge does not play. And we have enough firepower. Lonnie needs to get medieval again. Samanic can be effective if given enough burn. I hope Demar is back against the Pelicans. Hopefully all 15 players are back on the 14th day against the Nets.
    Unless Eubanks or Lyles get hurt, I think Samanic is only being called up for depth and to have the required 8 or more bodies.

I doubt he sees much time & people should be tempering their expectations, but this is ST, so that won't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tomorrow is when they can start signing players to 10 day contracts.
    They should’ve brought Renfro already and sign tomorrow to have enough time for Wednesday. Austin has a game tomorrow morning 10CT. If Renfro doesn’t play, he’s a Spur (I mean the big club).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Eubanks or Lyles get hurt, I think Samanic is only being called up for depth and to have the required 8 or more bodies.

I doubt he sees much time & people should be tempering their expectations, but this is ST, so that won't happen.
    Eubanks and Lyles aren't as favored as you think they are this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks and Lyles aren't as favored as you think they are this season.
    They both saw time over Luka when all three were available. Never said anything about who Pop "favors" since I'm no insider.

I just think Pop will go with guys that have NBA experience & have the best chance of helping win games. I doubt the old guy wants to lose multiple games in a row or worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That would suck. Luka is playing very well in the GLeague. Not playing him is a Loss-Loss for both Spurs and Luka’s continued development. Pop played him before. I think he’ll play Luka and see what he got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Eubanks and KBD will get the least burn out of that 10 man roster.

We need spacing in the worst way, so shooters will be valuable while our guys are out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both saw time over Luka when all three were available. Never said anything about who Pop "favors" since I'm no insider.

I just think Pop will go with guys that have NBA experience & have the best chance of helping win games. I doubt the old guy wants to lose multiple games in a row or worse.
    All I'm saying is Lyles has lost a step from last year and it's evident that he's overall detrimental to the style of play Pop wants to play this season.

There were times we needed a center before this all happened and Pop was still reluctant to use Eubanks all the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would suck. Luka is playing very well in the GLeague. Not playing him is a Lost-Lost for both Spurs and Luka’s continued development. Pop played him before. I think he’ll play Luka and see what he got.
    I doubt it, but maybe you & DeJounte will be right.

I just think he'll roll with the known commodities in Eubanks & Lyles. He could see minutes in garbage time yet that would do little for his overall development.

Thread Information