Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel bad for Trey. Dude just wants playing time. Hope we can trade him at the deadline to a team who will play him.
    Yes, please trade him...please. Bag of Dorito’s, discount coupon to SeaWorld, slightly chewed gum...whatever we can get. He’s in that Bryn Forbes category as a Spur I would never miss were he to no longer be on the roster..
    Last edited by Ed Helicopter Jones; 03-02-2021 at 12:18 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Trey, but he's not worth keeping around IMO. If he were a better shooter, I'd be interested as he has some versatility to his game, but some of his misses are not even close to going in. I just don't think he has a feel for shooting at all. We really needed him to hit some more of those open shots he got last night, but he was way off on some of them (I've seen that a lot in his misses from the limited time I've watched him).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now KBD is a better option than Trey, faster lateral, better motor and can also hit the 3. KBD can guard small too. I think Trey would be the odd man out, specially since Luka hopefully will be getting his minutes too. I rooted for Trey. I thought he needed a fresh, but he came back with less motor and saw his minutes got buried because of that, especially with the hype that Keldon is showing, Lyles is obviously a step behind

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, please trade him...please. Bag of Dorito’s, discount coupon to SeaWorld, slightly chewed gum...whatever we can get. He’s in that Bryn Forbes category as a Spur I would never miss were he to no longer be on the roster..

he’s another in what I like to call the JR Reid category. Guys that have just so much talent, flash it a few games but they just can’t put it together. Not from lack of effort it seems? He seems like a good guy, it just isn’t working out. Reid was as you remember a high draft pick out of North Carolina, expansion team in Carolina drafts him big expectations and he’s just, a bench role guy. Problem is the Spurs have Luka who now shows he’s as good as Lyles is NOW, and he’s only what, 20-21? Not to mention Luka is superior defensively. He might be better for a team that needs a player of his position, but I think that long forward position is gonna be so glutted (not a word I know) with better guys that maybe he has to go to Europe and flourish there and get paid. Tough business.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now KBD is a better option than Trey, faster lateral, better motor and can also hit the 3. KBD can guard small too. I think Trey would be the odd man out, specially since Luka hopefully will be getting his minutes too. I rooted for Trey. I thought he needed a fresh, but he came back with less motor and saw his minutes got buried because of that, especially with the hype that Keldon is showing, Lyles is obviously a step behind

kBD is OK. He’s definitely worth keeping around to see if he improves, but the position players ahead of Trey are Luka and Keldon. They won’t do it but cutting him or shipping him to a team that needs a player such as him for an impossible draft pick is the move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's certainly very cryptic....pun intended.

Hope Rudy is okay.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Rudy is just bored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    16 days and counting since the Hornets game. When are these guys be back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is out tonight with a stomach illness.

*wink wink *

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is out tonight with a stomach illness.

*wink wink *
    More minutes for Luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that's Spur's material.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop better not keep Keldon out of this one.

From the report i heard before last game Keldon felt fine before the game but didn't play because of a coaches decision. I will understand if it was to save him a back to back i guess but no excuses not to play him tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am in total agreement. The dude does everything at C level and below. Give all his minutes to Luka and let us se what we have with our future going forward

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Keldon back from covid protocol faster than everyone else ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Aldridge...

Murray/ Mills
    Lonnie/
    DeMar/ KBD
    Lyles/ Samanic
    Poeltl/

I think these are the 8 who will play tonight. More minutes probably for Samanic. I don't think Pop enjoys playing Eubanks much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Aldridge...

Murray/ Mills
    Lonnie/
    DeMar/ KBD
    Lyles/ Samanic
    Poeltl/

I think these are the 8 who will play tonight. More minutes probably for Samanic. I don't think Pop enjoys playing Eubanks much.
    Those eight are playing for sure but I wouldn’t doubt it if Keldon plays. Probably didn’t play yesterday because of the b2b.

If Keldon plays, does Lyles slide over to backup C or do they play Eubanks. Either way, we’re kind of f’ed if Poeltl gets in foul trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those eight are playing for sure but I wouldn’t doubt it if Keldon plays. Probably didn’t play yesterday because of the b2b.
    I forgot all about Keldon. You're right, he'll probably scoot Lyles to the bench and Samanic takes KBD's minutes. I just don't see Samanic being suited for the Center role, at least not right now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot all about Keldon. You're right, he'll probably scoot Lyles to the bench and Samanic takes KBD's minutes. I just don't see Samanic being suited for the Center role, at least not right now...
    I added to my post. We’re kind of screwed if Poeltl gets in foul trouble. Aren’t the Knicks a big team? (Honestly don’t know) No way Eubanks doesn’t play.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA with all these random injuries / illness

He getting bought out in 3...2...1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

D'oh! More Lyles...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, this was missed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Aldridge...

Murray/ Mills
    Lonnie/
    DeMar/ KBD
    Lyles/ Samanic
    Poeltl/

For what Luka is showing for his defense, I think Pop is loving it. I think Luka just earned his regular rotation minutes. Way to go Luka! And I think with the next 48 games being played in 60 days, there will be plenty of minutes for everybody. The best part is Spurs now have a very versatile team with various combinations that could work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

D'oh! More Lyles...
    It didn’t turn out bad for Lyles. He is making the most of his opportunities. Way to go Trey!

Thread Information