Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think men in their 20s are immune?
    I put forth no argument or suggestion that anyone was immune.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the known ramifications we have seen in the short term look pretty nasty. I have a family member in his early 30s who was in ridiculously good shape before COVID who is still feeling pretty ugly effects in his lungs two months later despite never being low on oxygen (and thus not being hospitalized) when the virus was active in his body.
    I understand...and that's awful... two of my children had it as well.... but that's still a different discussion than what I'm talking about. I'm strictly talking about nba players in the prime of their lives and any known hospitalizations for any players. I just don't see the evidence to support a claim that the league is 'putting players at risk'.... that's it.... I'm not trying to make some larger narrative about the disease or society's response to it.... if I did that I'd surely wonder off in the weeds of political discussion and I really try not to do that here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the known ramifications we have seen in the short term look pretty nasty. I have a family member in his early 30s who was in ridiculously good shape before COVID who is still feeling pretty ugly effects in his lungs two months later despite never being low on oxygen (and thus not being hospitalized) when the virus was active in his body.
    A good friend of mine got it and has permanent lung damage (30 years old). Was also in the best shape of his life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Double headers like in baseball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good friend of mine got it and has permanent lung damage (30 years old). Was also in the best shape of his life.
    Do you know any details about what's wrong with his lungs, and how the doctors diagnosed it? I'm asking because my wife also has post-covid after-effects that affect her breathing, but she hasn't gotten any definitive answers from doctors about what the problem is. Her x-rays look normal, for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know any details about what's wrong with his lungs, and how the doctors diagnosed it? I'm asking because my wife also has post-covid after-effects that affect her breathing, but she hasn't gotten any definitive answers from doctors about what the problem is.
    Haven't really asked, but its some sort of scarring. He had a lot of bleeding from his lungs while he was sick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't really asked, but its some sort of scarring. He had a lot of bleeding from his lungs while he was sick.
    Damn, that's crazy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just sharing an artcile here, take it for what it's worth. But this is scary stuff to me:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-l...smokers-lungs/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand your point of view but, until someone in the league has a serious complication with this then its nothing more than conjecture to me. I'm absolutely open to arguments that have data with them (hence why I'm not challenging the view on covid where it comes to the broader population) but, I need evidence before I concede the notion that this is a real 'risk' to nba players.
    It’s not conjecture, only a matter of time. NCAA has already had more cases, being a larger organization, and consequences. That UF bball player has a damaged heart.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t there an article, I think by Bleacher Report, that with all these PPD’s, the Wizards will be playing 41 games in 57 nights for the second half of the schedule?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not conjecture, only a matter of time. NCAA has already had more cases, being a larger organization, and consequences. That UF bball player has a damaged heart.
    Call me when or of it happens.... by definition it's currently conjecture at this point..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if not a single player gets hospitalized, still got long haul effects to worry about. This can still really harm your lungs even if you're never in enough danger to get hospitalized. The way the NBA is conducting this season is irresponsible as .
    There's things like "brain fog" to worry about too. I read a story about an attorney who months after having covid still can't fully function. She has to use post-it notes to try and remember but sometimes can't even remember to remember to write something down to remember and it becomes this crazy cycle. She basically was forced to take another leave of absence and is uncertain about her future.

What if a player who had covid has problems remember plays and where to be or what to do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me when or of it happens.... by definition it's currently conjecture at this point..
    You keep using that word. I don’t think you know what it means. Serious ramifications aren’t conjecture, they’re a statistical inevitability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back on subject: I think the reason the league only did half of the schedule is that they wanted flexibility. They won’t schedule anyone like that Sacto scenario. They’d stretch the timeline first. It’s looking more and more like the Tokyo olympics will be cancelled, so that probably won’t factor in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep using that word. I don’t think you know what it means. Serious ramifications aren’t conjecture, they’re a statistical inevitability.
    noun

an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

"conjectures about the newcomer were many and varied"

Youre making future assumptions based on information you don't have...by definition that is conjecture. To base your opinion on a definition of 'statistical inevitability' when you currently have zero cases to back it up is also conjecture.... you're welcomed to it but it is just that...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    noun

an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

"conjectures about the newcomer were many and varied"

Youre making future assumptions based on information you don't have...by definition that is conjecture. To base your opinion on a definition of 'statistical inevitability' when you currently have zero cases to back it up is also conjecture.... you're welcomed to it but it is just that...
    You’re really sticking with this. Curious, do you think the NBA should open the arenas for full attendance? Zero fans at NBA games have died of Covid so far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re really sticking with this. Curious, do you think the NBA should open the arenas for full attendance? Zero fans at NBA games have died of Covid so far.
    Of course not... the league is made of fans of all ages and preexisting conditions...

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they serious about completing the season . The nba should consider doing the second half in a bubble like orlando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celts@Spurs seems to be on tonight. At least it isn't displayed as postponed (yet) on nba.com likeBulls@Grizz is. So it was probably the Pels who didn't have enough players on monday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t there an article, I think by Bleacher Report, that with all these PPD’s, the Wizards will be playing 41 games in 57 nights for the second half of the schedule?
    41 in 57 would be crazy. And could (will) get crazier, if (when) more games involving the Wizards get postponed. Seems inevitable they'll have to cancel some games.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celts@Spurs seems to be on tonight. At least it isn't displayed as postponed (yet) on nba.com likeBulls@Grizz is. So it was probably the Pels who didn't have enough players on monday.
    Someone related to both teams ,non player was the reason
    for the contact tracing from what iv read. if the game goes ahead that person must of been cleared.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if not a single player gets hospitalized, still got long haul effects to worry about. This can still really harm your lungs even if you're never in enough danger to get hospitalized. The way the NBA is conducting this season is irresponsible as .
    I haven't read much on the long term effects of Covid, but I do recall hearing something about lung issues. Can you elaborate on what you said? Can it actually damage your lungs permanently, or will it heal over time?

Edit: Just had a look at some of the posts on this page (I was on page 1 when asking the lung questions), and wow, it doesn't look good at all. Not everyone gets the bad lung issues I assume?

Are most of you guys going to take the vaccine? I want to, but I am a little worried about possible long term side affects (Maybe this is a non-issue, and I'm also not in the US, though, and would definitely take it if I was there, or another country with a similar infection rate, but here, the rate is pretty low). It's not that I'm against a vaccine or anything, but well before Covid, I made a decision to stop using/taking pharmaceutical products all together 4 or 5 years ago as they weren't doing me any good. I prefer to do everything through diet and so far I've been better off for it. Still not where I want to be health wise, but I feel better and feel like I'm heading in the right direction.
    Last edited by Ice009; 01-27-2021 at 06:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m absolutely taking the vaccine when it’s my turn. There was an app when the vaccine was first approved. It asked you a few questions, very simple. I’m not 65, and have no preexisting conditions, so I was like #24 million out of 30 million. Anyone who declines just moves me up further.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't read much on the long term effects of Covid, but I do recall hearing something about lung issues. Can you elaborate on what you said? Can it actually damage your lungs permanently, or will it heal over time?

Edit: Just had a look at some of the posts on this page (I was on page 1 when asking the lung questions), and wow, it doesn't look good at all. Not everyone gets the bad lung issues I assume?

Are most of you guys going to take the vaccine? I want to, but I am a little worried about possible long term side affects (Maybe this is a non-issue, and I'm also not in the US, though, and would definitely take it if I was there, or another country with a similar infection rate, but here, the rate is pretty low). It's not that I'm against a vaccine or anything, but well before Covid, I made a decision to stop using/taking pharmaceutical products all together 4 or 5 years ago as they weren't doing me any good. I prefer to do everything through diet and so far I've been better off for it. Still not where I want to be health wise, but I feel better and feel like I'm heading in the right direction.
    Diet's not going to give you SARS-COV2 antibodies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risking safety...is there a single do ented case of an NBA player being hospitalized from Covid? I'm not making a statement...I'm really asking... I can't think of any.... so I'm not sure what the risk is to actual players.... now coaches (especially older ones like Pop) i see the risk ....but players? I'm not sure..
    The US having hundreds of thousands of Covid cases isn't risking safety? Our country is the most dangerous country right now as far as the pandemic goes, tbh.

Thread Information