Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US having hundreds of thousands of Covid cases isn't risking safety? Our country is the most dangerous country right now as far as the pandemic goes, tbh.
    If you're talking about the average American you've got good point.... if you're talking about the best athletes in the world who've had zero complications...not so much..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cancelling/ postponing 20 games is a drop in the bucket compared to around $600 million needed for the massive undertaking of a full NBA season in a bubble. Also the players despised the bubble, they're probably prefer this much more than to the bubble-- even with the uncertainty.
    With the way our country is racking up Covid cases each day, it was a terrible idea for the NBA not have the bubble format.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't read much on the long term effects of Covid, but I do recall hearing something about lung issues. Can you elaborate on what you said? Can it actually damage your lungs permanently, or will it heal over time?

Edit: Just had a look at some of the posts on this page (I was on page 1 when asking the lung questions), and wow, it doesn't look good at all. Not everyone gets the bad lung issues I assume?

Are most of you guys going to take the vaccine? I want to, but I am a little worried about possible long term side affects (Maybe this is a non-issue, and I'm also not in the US, though, and would definitely take it if I was there, or another country with a similar infection rate, but here, the rate is pretty low). It's not that I'm against a vaccine or anything, but well before Covid, I made a decision to stop using/taking pharmaceutical products all together 4 or 5 years ago as they weren't doing me any good. I prefer to do everything through diet and so far I've been better off for it. Still not where I want to be health wise, but I feel better and feel like I'm heading in the right direction.
    I'm going to take the vaccine after seeing two close family members deal and thankfully survive Covid. My brother's dealing with breathing issues months after recovering and he's just in his late twenties with minor pre-existing conditions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're talking about the average American you've got good point.... if you're talking about the best athletes in the world who've had zero complications...not so much..
    So you're willing to risk these athletes? I'm all for this if NBA players have been vaccinated, but I don't think a player has received a jab, IIRC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're willing to risk these athletes? I'm all for this if NBA players have been vaccinated, but I don't think a player has received a jab, IIRC.
    There's no evidence that it's a risk for them... there hasn't been one player hospitalized... as for the vaccine, I hope they take it when it becomes available to them... I will take it when it becomes my turn as well just like I take the flu shot... I've had two of my kids contract covid and both came through it thankfully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no evidence that it's a risk for them... there hasn't been one player hospitalized... as for the vaccine, I hope they take it when it becomes available to them... I will take it when it becomes my turn as well just like I take the flu shot... I've had two of my kids contract covid and both came through it thankfully.
    I'm glad that your kids survived it. Yeah, I'm taking the vaccine jab too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad that your kids survived it. Yeah, I'm taking the vaccine jab too.
    I appreciate that..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can somebody explain why the previous game was suspended and now we are back at it just a couple of days later?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can somebody explain why the previous game was suspended and now we are back at it just a couple of days later?
    Because they tested the players and cleared them. They weren't deactivated because they had COVID but because somewhere near enough to them had it that the league needed time to do contact tracing. Remember, it was the second half of a back-to-back, so they have literally no leeway to figure out if anyone needed to quarantine. It seems like they probably determined that no one from either team was in danger a before the game would've been played, but it was already postponed, and the Spurs wouldn't've had time to travel anyway.

Basically think of it as three levels of response.

1) Contact Tracing -- Short period of time and widest net cast where the league holds back anyone who might've possibly had contact with an COVID+ person (or maybe even through an indirect connection with someone who was exposed)
    2) Isolation -- Intermediate period of time where the player has been determined to have been in contact with someone who has COVID but has not tested positive. The player needs to clear multiple tests over the course of a few days (it was six days in the NFL for example) before they can come back
    3) Quarantine -- That's when a player tests positive and needs to be away from the team for a couple of weeks and then pass multiple tests over the course of a few days

The Spurs (and Pelicans) had a bunch of guys in the first level, but no one moved to the second or third levels. Had the game been a day later, we'd've probably never heard anything about it. Remember at least two folks on the team likely got COVID, and the team didn't miss a game because contact tracing had time to go through.

Thread Information