Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Trailer looks promising, but I fear it'll play out similar to Batman v Superman. Although it says that "one will fall".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    the first Godzilla movie of this series was solid. kong skull island was entertaining but not all that good. the godzilla sequel imo was trash. basically, these have been getting worse and worse. hard to imagine this one will be much better.

kong won in the 1960s version btw, tho thats pretty bull . godzilla is clearly a more powerful creature by several magnitudes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    the first Godzilla movie of this series was solid. kong skull island was entertaining but not all that good. the godzilla sequel imo was trash. basically, these have been getting worse and worse. hard to imagine this one will be much better.

kong won in the 1960s version btw, tho thats pretty bull . godzilla is clearly a more powerful creature by several magnitudes.
    Eh, I liked the sequel Godzilla movie tbh (albeit the scale of the story got crazy).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Eh, I liked the sequel Godzilla movie tbh (albeit the scale of the story got crazy).
    oh it definitely had more action. i thought the first movie was well made but the criticism was not enough kaiju actin, so they just overcompensated in the second one. i didnt think the movie was well made, but the effects and battle sequences were pretty fun i guess.

i also just hated how they wasted Charles Dance as an actor

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It looks like it's in the Godzilla universe, so if you liked the first two you will probably like this one. King Kong is ing massive now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    oh it definitely had more action. i thought the first movie was well made but the criticism was not enough kaiju actin, so they just overcompensated in the second one. i didnt think the movie was well made, but the effects and battle sequences were pretty fun i guess.

i also just hated how they wasted Charles Dance as an actor
    Agreed, thought they'd do more with him. The effects and battle sequences are the main reason to see these movies tbh; plot is a plus but not the main attraction. This one looks promising on the action but the story will prolly be convoluted and cheesy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Agreed, thought they'd do more with him. The effects and battle sequences are the main reason to see these movies tbh; plot is a plus but not the main attraction. This one looks promising on the action but the story will prolly be convoluted and cheesy.
    kinda. when its just too much fighting and explosions and stuff it gets up getting boring after a while. i felt the same way about Pacific Rim 2, which imo was a movie after the first pacific rim was one of the great kaiju flicks of our time.

i thought Godzilla 2014 was cool because you had the perspective of the soldiers on the ground a lot of time time, and that was pretty interesting

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    kinda. when its just too much fighting and explosions and stuff it gets up getting boring after a while. i felt the same way about Pacific Rim 2, which imo was a movie after the first pacific rim was one of the great kaiju flicks of our time.

i thought Godzilla 2014 was cool because you had the perspective of the soldiers on the ground a lot of time time, and that was pretty interesting
    The first Godzilla was the best because it had a good plot imo. Never saw the second Pacific Rim movie, just didn't feel like a movie that needed a sequel for me tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Honestly, the pretentiousness of some of these movies is an incredible turnoff, because it’s just stupid to make it more important than it is.

Like clearly Kong: Skull Island was the result of a room of executives going “What if we did Apocalypse Now but with King Kong!” and everybody in that room thinking “Oh my God that’s incredible” when in reality that idea is re ed as .

At least this movie isn’t trying to be anything more than “here’s two big stupid monsters beating the out of each other for 90 minutes, enjoy!” which I may not like but I can at least respect that.
    you can still make them well or poorly. pacific rim was fantastic imo, while pacific rim 2 was a piece of despite having a bigger budget and theoretically better effects

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My opinion the second movie was fine but it was weighed down by them having to kill of their best actors and the mom being a ing terrorist, like that whole bad guy thing could have been Dance's and we would have been better for it. I came for the monster fighting we got a load of monsters, the oxygen bomb, and super charged Godzilla, well worth the price of admission.

my prediction godzilla wins the first fight, but kong wins in the end of act two but probably due to shenanigans, like someone's ing with Godzilla so he ain't 100%, then in act 3 they team up against a bigger threat, hopefully mechagodzilla.

IIRC WB could lose the toho license after this movie but killing the GOAT monster would be some Batman vs Superman level stupidity but then again these are the same idiots that gave us Batman vs Superman

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Name
    Allan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    dude what if king kong’s and godzilla’s moms have the same name and that’s how they connect emotionally?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    dude what if king kong’s and godzilla’s moms have the same name and that’s how they connect emotionally?

Save..........Mothra

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    First half of Godzilla 1 was great. When Cranston dies and british kickass guy has to carry the film it tanks fast, plus who GAF about MUTOs anyways.

Kong was amazing. That scene of the helicopters approaching him at the beginning was amazing. Nick Fury and Loki killed it. Capn Marvel, meh, coulda done without her face. LOL I bet Trainwreck still having seizures about her role in dat one. But it was a great movie.

Godzilla 2 had a near perfect balance of human and monster plot and action. I don't think Charles Dance was wasted, in fact he's one of the characters to continue for the next one.
    I'm looking forward to this movie, but yeah, having Kong hang with Godzilla is always whack af. Hope Godzilla wins.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My opinion the second movie was fine but it was weighed down by them having to kill of their best actors and the mom being a ing terrorist, like that whole bad guy thing could have been Dance's and we would have been better for it. I came for the monster fighting we got a load of monsters, the oxygen bomb, and super charged Godzilla, well worth the price of admission.

my prediction godzilla wins the first fight, but kong wins in the end of act two but probably due to shenanigans, like someone's ing with Godzilla so he ain't 100%, then in act 3 they team up against a bigger threat, hopefully mechagodzilla.

IIRC WB could lose the toho license after this movie but killing the GOAT monster would be some Batman vs Superman level stupidity but then again these are the same idiots that gave us Batman vs Superman
    I agree about Godzilla 2. But I felt popcorn entertainment factor they knocked it outta the PARK with the monster scenes. Was bad ass on digital big screen with great speakers, high af.
    At this time we've reached the point with Monsterverse where like WWE you got people like YOU KNOW WRESLTING ISN'T REAL. Like yeah nignog, wgaf, I just want entertainment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    yeah my problem with godzilla 2 wasn't the "realism" ... it was just oversaturated imo. kong had a good combo of entertainment while maintaining attention throughout. still think the first godzilla was the best movie, but in that one they killed off Cranston way too early

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i dont understand asking for more kaiju and then criticizing godzilla 1 because "nobody cares about MUTO"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i dont understand asking for more kaiju and then criticizing godzilla 1 because "nobody cares about MUTO"
    Just coulda used an actual named monster. 1st half had good human parts boring monster parts, 2nd part had british stiff with aiiight godzilla scenes fighting jags with no toho legacy.

They have a crazy long list of toho characters to draw from. Maybe it's a digital rights thing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Just coulda used an actual named monster. 1st half had good human parts boring monster parts, 2nd part had british stiff with aiiight godzilla scenes fighting jags with no toho legacy.

They have a crazy long list of toho characters to draw from. Maybe it's a digital rights thing
    i thought the combat was good though. especially how he killed the 2nd one, atomic breath down its throat ... in epic

and the first scene where he used the atomic breath and you start seeing the spine glow. bravo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i thought the combat was good though. especially how he killed the 2nd one, atomic breath down its throat ... in epic

and the first scene where he used the atomic breath and you start seeing the spine glow. bravo
    Yeah true.

Altho after Shin Godzilla, every godzilla breath scene pales in comparison

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have Godzilla in 4 rounds tops.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Hey ElNono...

Why do you only do this to my theads?
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...=289122&page=3
    shut up got

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have Godzilla in 4 rounds tops.
    Kind of an uneven fight. One laser bean to the eyes ends the fight.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah true.

Altho after Shin Godzilla, every godzilla breath scene pales in comparison
    Lol I had to look that one up real quick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Lol I had to look that one up real quick.
    same

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    hard to ever live up to this kind of combat tbh

Thread Information