My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, daring Greg Abbott to be a about it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Incredible how agreeable this sounds when it's not branded "DEFUND THE POLICE."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branding counts for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although I thought wraparound was reach-around at first ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually don't think the "branding" is going to work. MAYBE Abbott lets it go. But acting like the resistance to defunding the police is mostly about the name is missing the point to such an extent that it feels like a purposeful effort to misinform.

That police get too much money in big cities is a large part of the problem, not just that too little money is being spent elsewhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That police get too much money
    ... and 2 years too little training

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I actually don't think the "branding" is going to work. MAYBE Abbott lets it go. But acting like the resistance to defunding the police is mostly about the name is missing the point to such an extent that it feels like a purposeful effort to misinform.

That police get too much money in big cities is a large part of the problem, not just that too little money is being spent elsewhere.
    Well nobody ever accused Greg Abbott of supporting agreeable policies. He's still going to call it defunding the police because it's politically advantageous for him to do so, and liberals have given him that opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's no way Abbott lets it go, he has been spoiling for the showdown against satanic police defunders, especially the ones from Austin, TX.

Abbott has also been making noises about reinstating a camping ban statewide, having a homeless hotel would at least mitigate the impact of a new ban. I don't know where people think people with no fixed abode are supposed to go, are they supposed to disappear from public view?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way Abbott lets it go, he has been spoiling for the showdown against satanic police defunders, especially the ones from Austin, TX.

Abbott has also been making noises about reinstating a camping ban statewide, having a homeless hotel would at least mitigate the impact of a new ban. I don't know where people think people with no fixed abode are supposed to go, are they supposed to disappear from public view?
    There’s always money to build more private prisons tbh

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually don't think the "branding" is going to work. MAYBE Abbott lets it go.
    Nope.

The only way he gets re-elected to anything in Texas:

1) on Austin every chance possible.

2) Kill as many people as possible with COVID for Balous Miller.

Thread Information